Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vodyanoi Melee

D.Va..

Question

Galatine Prime and Atterax build with miaming strike for more damage? If so what’s the best status or mods needed for the weapon to combine Nekro’s Desecrate. Some people say slash is the best damage or to butcher Executioners for more parts to desecrate. I would like to spin attack for 3-4 hits an Executioner if possible. Could you give me an Galatine Prime and Atterax Build? Thank you so much for helping me. 

Edited by LaFoliaRihav

17 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, LaFoliaRihav said:

Galatine Prime and Atterax build with miaming strike for more damage? If so what’s the best status or mods needed for the weapon to combine Nekro’s Desecrate. Some people say slash is the best damage or to butcher Executioners for more parts to desecrate. I would like to spin attack for 3-4 hits an Executioner if possible. Could you give me an Galatine Prime and Atterax Build? Thank you so much for helping me. 

Pls don't use maiming for galatine, just too slow.

For atterax: Use maiming strike, blood rush, organ shatter, weeping wounds, drifting contact, buzz kill, reach/primed reach and riven mod/jagged edge.

Maiming strike: A set 70% crit for slideattacks.

Blood rush: Buffing your crit chance on both normal hits and maiming strikes slide by 165% for every 1 combo counter.

Organ shatter: 90% crit damage, since you'll be critting all the time this is great.

Weeping wounds: 45% status for every 1 combo counter.

Drifting contact: 40% status chance and increases combo counter time by 10 secs.

Buzz kill: 120% slash dmg to make it primarily proc slash on status.

Reach/primed reach: Give your weapon a large range buff.

Riven mod: The riven should have some of these stats: +slash, +crit dmg, + crit chance, + dmg, + range or/and + crit on slide.

Jagged edge: +90% slash to primarily deal slash dmg on status.

I've found that Atterax doesn't really need maiming strike. With its high crit chance, getting blood rush/drifting contact will make it do orange crits in no time anyway, even red ones if you stack a bit.

This is why I suggest using the way faster Secura Lanka or even Scoliac with maiming strike. 

As for the rest, yeah. Buzz kill, weeping wounds and primed reach sound like a very good build. You should fit berserker in there too, as well as organ shatter.

That's the whole build methinks. Not really a need for jagged edge though, it's just not worth it.

10 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

I've found that Atterax doesn't really need maiming strike. With its high crit chance, getting blood rush/drifting contact will make it do orange crits in no time anyway, even red ones if you stack a bit.

This is why I suggest using the way faster Secura Lanka or even Scoliac with maiming strike. 

As for the rest, yeah. Buzz kill, weeping wounds and primed reach sound like a very good build. You should fit berserker in there too, as well as organ shatter.

That's the whole build methinks. Not really a need for jagged edge though, it's just not worth it.

He wanted a setup for maiming strike, which is what i gave him. Which definetely doesn't need berserker, when every enemy is dead after 1 slide you won't need extra attack speed.

as long as something has reasonable default Range, is Slash weighted, has decent or better Status, and has atleast okay Crit Stats, it'll be fine for this.

here's a myriad of Modding options.
there's a mixture that works for you, that fits the Damage Multipliers you 'need', and also compensates for any shortcomings the Melee Weapon might have that make it harder for you to use without. or if there's Mods that you don't have and would need alternatives to use instead.

and obviously Rivens make the landscape more complicated depending on the Stats they have if one has one.

Spoiler

gAANdwQ.png

goj5ZVz.png

mJdyFQv.png

W7TSF8M.png

other Mods to consider - Gladiator Might, Gladiator Vice.

you'll notice there's no Slash Mods present - because you're using Weapons which are already Slash Weighted, and the true power of these sorts of Loadouts are Critting Status. not just Critting. the big thing is Critting Status. Crit Slash is king, because of Slash Status not having to deal with Enemy Resistances.

someone's Critting Raw Damage Loadout is cute, and Kills those random Trash Units, but Critting Status hits upwards of a hundred fold harder, so that your Melee Weapon doesn't just one-hit most Enemies on the Solar Map, it one-hits all Enemies you'll ever see within the first couple hours of an Endless Mission.
tl;dr that's a nice Weapon you have there that has 1000% Crit Chance or stacking 5+ Status Effects, but you can have both be slightly less powerful and have them at the same time.... and if you have ~100x and ~100x, if you make those much weaker than you'd have to in order to have both types at once, say 60% for each.... 60*60 is still an enormous amount more than 100.

which boils down to the usual story that goes over the heads of too many Players - your Melee Weapon needs to be able to utilize Blood Rush or Condition Overload to be relevant, but it needs to be able to utilize both simultaneously to be excellent.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Danish Chief said:

He wanted a setup for maiming strike, which is what i gave him. Which definetely doesn't need berserker, when every enemy is dead after 1 slide you won't need extra attack speed.

I'm just saying that Atterax is very much a regular melee whip, while the others work better with maiming.

Berserker means more slide attacks and easier spam fyi. Not to mention it makes the regular combos nicer.

Edited by BeeOverlord

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Danish Chief said:

Pls don't use maiming for galatine, just too slow.

For atterax: Use maiming strike, blood rush, organ shatter, weeping wounds, drifting contact, buzz kill, reach/primed reach and riven mod/jagged edge.

Maiming strike: A set 70% crit for slideattacks.

Blood rush: Buffing your crit chance on both normal hits and maiming strikes slide by 165% for every 1 combo counter.

Organ shatter: 90% crit damage, since you'll be critting all the time this is great.

Weeping wounds: 45% status for every 1 combo counter.

Drifting contact: 40% status chance and increases combo counter time by 10 secs.

Buzz kill: 120% slash dmg to make it primarily proc slash on status.

Reach/primed reach: Give your weapon a large range buff.

Riven mod: The riven should have some of these stats: +slash, +crit dmg, + crit chance, + dmg, + range or/and + crit on slide.

Jagged edge: +90% slash to primarily deal slash dmg on status.

I’m going to try what your suggestion, thank you guys for helping me out.

7 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

I’ll try to make adjustments thank you for explaining it well and thank you guys for helping me out.

1) Maiming enters in the blood rush account for crits. It is a HUGE difference. A slide build for atterax wihout maiming must be a joke.

2) any other whip will fall short against atterax for a slide build because of crit multiplier ( scoliac) - slash procs ( lecta)

IF the intention is to use atterax for a slide build: Maiming strike, Blood rush, Organ shatter, Weeping wounds, Primed Reach, Drifting contact.

Last two can be speed, riven, crit dmg...

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)Danish Chief said:

2 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

IF the intention is to use atterax for a slide build: Maiming strike, Blood rush, Organ shatter, Weeping wounds, Primed Reach, Drifting contact.

Last two can be speed, riven, crit dmg...

Are people just forgetting (Primed) Pressure Point? o_O

On 12/14/2017 at 5:06 PM, LaFoliaRihav said:

I’m going to try what your suggestion, thank you guys for helping me out.

I’ll try to make adjustments thank you for explaining it well and thank you guys for helping me out.

I forgot about pressure point/primed pressure point. Just remove jagged and/or buzz kill depending on if you have a riven for it.

Am 14.12.2017 um 11:29 schrieb BeeOverlord:

I'm just saying that Atterax is very much a regular melee whip, while the others work better with maiming.

Berserker means more slide attacks and easier spam fyi. Not to mention it makes the regular combos nicer.

Wut? 

Not sure if you're aware but atterax meta is maiming, max max range, blood rush, combo, crit(mostly crit damage) and relentless.

It's innitial crit is cute and all but there's no reason to do anything but sliding with or rather for its range, what makes the numeric crit the base for blood rush just so much better.

Why would you pick ...what is it? 40%?  As base for blood rush when you could have minimum 115%?

5 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Wut? 

Not sure if you're aware but atterax meta is maiming, max max range, blood rush, combo, crit(mostly crit damage) and relentless.

It's innitial crit is cute and all but there's no reason to do anything but sliding with or rather for its range, what makes the numeric crit the base for blood rush just so much better.

Why would you pick ...what is it? 40%?  As base for blood rush when you could have minimum 115%?

Cause 4th level crits aren't a thing. Atterax can easily reach even red crit with blood rush, at which point maiming becomes a waste of a slot.

Meanwhile other whips have better non-crit stats and will crit with maiming anyway.

1 hour ago, BeeOverlord said:

Cause 4th level crits aren't a thing. Atterax can easily reach even red crit with blood rush, at which point maiming becomes a waste of a slot.

Meanwhile other whips have better non-crit stats and will crit with maiming anyway.

You can get 4th and above crits, it's just that the color doesn't change past red