Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how much love does have over warframes?

furturgamesliker

i wonder on how much love the operator gets love from DE we gets warframes and weapons primes along every now and then with some time aside i rarely use my operator i mainly use him against the terralyst and against the possible new eidolon. i think the gear the operator could get should compliment the warframes a fair bit like functional armour as the warframes in a way are and maybe add some weapons that compliments the weapons designed for the warframes 

let's discus it even though there's alot of people who dissagree and some people agree to a extend the operator should get "some" love

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Personally I fell that allowing us to use mods on the operators could go a long way. There would probably be an entire other mod set, but that would give some much needed strength to operators.

then maybe we need functional armour to put mods in we can't just mod our own bodies without bodily change

8 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

i wonder on how much love the operator gets love from DE we gets warframes and weapons primes along every now and then with some time aside i rarely use my operator i mainly use him against the terralyst and against the possible new eidolon. i think the gear the operator could get should compliment the warframes a fair bit like functional armour as the warframes in a way are and maybe add some weapons that compliments the weapons designed for the warframes 

let's discus it even though there's alot of people who dissagree and some people agree to a extend the operator should get "some" love

I think operators need a lot more health and armor(maybe shields even).

DE mentioned about Operator Melee Animations in Devstream 100 if I'm not mistaken. They will get basic melee functions I guess. We have Amps as operator weapons and will get more as new Sentients appear ( Megalyst and 2 flying Sentients are coming ). Don't think they will get " functional armours " , I mean they are more durable than most of frames.

3 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

then maybe we need functional armour to put mods in we can't just mod our own bodies without bodily change

Please , no modding for operator. Waybound focus skills and operator arcanes are there to increase effectiveness of operator.

Honestly I hate operators. I hate that I am no longer a bad &#! space samurai(I recently concluded that warframes are not ninjas, we are the opposite of stealthy assassins) and that I'm really a teen mutant.  Not only does this completely change the lore(I also didn't like the origin story for Lotus) but I honestly don't like it. I ignore my operator, though I'm aware I need to use hum now on Pointlessly Open and Empty, which means I now am forced to use him.

I also don't get focus or how that is an end game, every time I activate my power I feel the opposite of powerful, and that whole system doesn't really fit the existing gameplay style.

I would have rather seen focus be a second set of powers available to your warframe. And by activating it you access those second set of powers.

I don't honestly feel the Dev's pay attention to things like this. At most they are willing to cater to small UI tweaks or ability tweaking. But in the 2 years I have been following the devs and having conversations about the game, not a single thing I have ever heard players ask or mention about has ever been directly addressed by the devs. Archwings were never developed or reworked. The operator and focus came completely out of left field. They changed the void arbitrarily and added relics. And POE was completely thought up internally.

The best example I can think of is the void levels.The old void levels used to demonstrate how shallow the gameplay experience was because most people played the game so they could grind hours in the void missions looking for prime parts, ignoring the rest of the game map. Heck I was farming in the Void the first week I started playing Warframe, taxied by clan mates, before I knew why that was a thing. The devs heard the grumbling from players that just grinding void for hours was boring and they should come up with a solution where we could get prime items but not be stuck in the void. Eventually you would hear them address this in devstreams and you started hearing talk about, "killing the void", I was in PC at the time and there were pretty lively chats where people expressed their support for changing void farming and those who loved the mindless grind and didn't want to change a thing. Heck for a moment they hinted they might remove completely or reduce the number of void levels. Then they released relics and the Void was related to just another zone to play in. Trust me when I tell you that in no conversation I ever had about the void or prime farming did the idea of a cheesy loot box system was ever explored or contemplated or proposed as a solution. People were honestly put back by the change, and most people basically concluded, "wasn't what I wanted, but I guess I don't have a choice so yay new farming." And moved on. 

Same thing with the Archwings, people have been complaining about them for almost 2 years. The Devs have repeatedly said that reworking archwings would be a major endeavor. But all of a sudden they started hinting that they might have found a way to improve archwings. The big thing hinted was flying in atmosphere.  Speculation ran wild across all the chats, we are getting new map sets, they are finally going to expand archwings. People like myself, who sorta like the idea of archwings but never like the content, were enthused that we might get something new and interesting. What we got was Uranus and sharkwing. They never mentioned underwater levels at all, and they always hinted the update was going to concern Earth. At the end they hinted at both AIR and WATER levels but once again they always hinted the update would be for Earth. I can honestly tell you that nothing about the Uranus update even remotely address any of the issues with archwings. And I now suspect that instead of being an Archwing level, POE was redesigned to be what it is now. Because I do recall the major issues with Archwing was the devs stated they had technical issues in regard to large open map spaces and being able to fly around quickly enough without framerate drops or game instability. So this is completely my conjecture but I suspect POE was originally an attempt to make a open world Archwing map, figured out how to technically make it possible, but then decided that instead of making it a pure archwing zone it would be an open world Sykim-esque type of environment. I also fee that they couldn't actually optimize archwings for usage as the primary method of gameplay, so we got stuck with the hobbled, weird archwing launcher system we got. And that's why I feel we got Pointlessly Open and Empty.

6 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

so armour operator designed with more operator designed weapons are not so likely? if so maybe i should forget i can use my operator outside of my warframe

It ultimately depends. Right now Operators and Focus is the End Game, for whatever that's worth. So I do see them going further and giving out more operator options. But if they lose interest, which they are prone to doing(archwings still are bad), or they perceive that the playerbase is not enthused by what they offer(like conclave and at this point archwings) they will not work on it anymore. They might go back to strictly working on frames or release another New Thing. I once saw a video which explained this as a specific style of game development process. That you don't necessarily keep trying to fix existing systems or mechanics, you merely create something new that replaces the value of the original content or mechanics. Zaws and Operators and Focus represent a new alternative to Warframe powers and weapons systems. This might indicate a move away from using warframes as your primary way of fighting, but that is pure speculation on my part, they may develop both warframes and operators in tandem. But eventually they may no longer update anything about warframes and strictly move onto operators and zaws at the default primary gameplay experience. You could still own your warframe, and they may still be uaseable, but they will not compare remotely to what operators can do.

I can only hope that they grow up the emo teens and I can return to being a bad &#! space wizard/samurai except I don't look like a surrealist android I actually look like a samurai.

as i think more about the armour and weapons for the operators i think the focus we earn also should get armour and weapon points to the specific school we choose and the armour and weapon points are randomized each time of retrieving the focus each weapon and armour of the school represent more random armour points if we use the operator more towards the weapons and armour points and of course the weapons and armour is strictly modifieable in the specific school like more points towards a school specific weapon/armour increases it's value in shield and armour