Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make Boltor Prime's design cohesive with Akbolto Prime.

Maxim_M_Payne

Akbolto Prime look gorgeous as a pistol set; but they also look very jarring compared to Boltor Prime, which at present is just a Boltor but with gold metal and a few extra details. Would it be possible to remodel with similar filigree to Akbolto so the two look like they belong together; in the same way Spira Prime and Nikana Prime's designs echo each other?

And if the above is possible, then could Paris Prime also get a remodel to resemble its non-prime the way Cernos Prime does? It makes no sense to go from an elegant, complex bow with numerous struts to a design that can be summarized as "Gold Edged Car Bumpers with a Handle Between Them".

Their model department improved through the years. Old primes (including warframes) are just the same model but with gold accents and maybe something else added on it. If they were to remodel Boltor prime, thye would have to do the same with so many other weaps/frames.

1 hour ago, Kiwinille said:

Their model department improved through the years. Old primes (including warframes) are just the same model but with gold accents and maybe something else added on it. If they were to remodel Boltor prime, thye would have to do the same with so many other weaps/frames.

Only Primes that are like that are Excalibur and Frost. Mag already started to become different.

Weapon wise, all the weapons always looked more high tech, starting with Braton, Paris, Latron, Fang, Reaper and Orthos.

As for the OP, the weapons don't feed each other design wise, they usually feed their original one. In fact I thought the same as you... Until I relooked at the Boltor Prime.
Akbolto.png
MirageAkboltoPrime.png

You can see the antennas grow from the energy spots the Bolto has following the design already present in the Tenno version. The spike at the cannon's end also has been increased in size to match with the Boltor Prime:

Boltor.png

DEPrimeBoltor.png

Wheras here Mynki decided to unite the bottom instead of making multiple antennas in the rifle.

As a matter of note Geoff and the new team have decided to put some Tennobet in the Akbolto Prime to bring it closer to the look the older pistols have (something I was really happy to see, personally :laugh:):

LatoPrime.png

DESicarus_Prime.png

So this is totally fine and the weapon doesn't really need any redesign because that would mean they would have to redesign the whole Boltor family of weapons.

The only one that isn't as easy to spot in that list would be Paris Prime (and Lato, since that's based on a super oldie concept art), but I guess Mynki knows better why he chose this designs (in fact looking at the wiki thumbs I can more or less form an idea of what he was going for).

Edited by NightmareT12