Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove focus lenses

(XBOX)The TV Guide

I just ignore them at this point.

I picked Unairu when I was an itty bitty operator and I genuinely don't care about focus to even bother leveling the stuff I do have lenses for, let alone "Make an energy bubble for free" when I can just use a Zaw or an ability that actually lets me interact with the game mechanics in some fashion.

Like, I can't think of anything more useless in the long run than the Focus system.

• Like 1

I can see if it was like simple yes/no option in mod selection section that some stupid or careless might whine about it. 

So instead, it would have to be convoluted somewhat to destroy lenses.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eidolon_Shard

So why not use this unused item? Having that implies the player has done killing Eiodolons and would have a grasp on what Operator and Focus stuff works.

Make Quill sell a 'Lens Breaker' BP that requires say a dozen Eidolon Shard.

I dunno I just want ONE way to destroy my installed lens to the levels of obsession. 

2 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

I can see if it was like simple yes/no option in mod selection section that some stupid or careless might whine about it. 

So instead, it would have to be convoluted somewhat to destroy lenses.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eidolon_Shard

So why not use this unused item? Having that implies the player has done killing Eiodolons and would have a grasp on what Operator and Focus stuff works.

Make Quill sell a 'Lens Breaker' BP that requires say a dozen Eidolon Shard.

I dunno I just want ONE way to destroy my installed lens to the levels of obsession. 

we don't need more things locked behind eidolons especially not more things tied to focus. Focus is already a huge pain in the butt for people that can't play eidolons.

11 hours ago, Drasiel said:

we don't need more things locked behind eidolons especially not more things tied to focus. Focus is already a huge pain in the butt for people that can't play eidolons.

...Are you aware the topic here, destruction of Focus Lens would be walking away from Focus? 

1 minute ago, OwlOfJune said:

...Are you aware the topic here, destruction of Focus Lens would be walking away from Focus? 

Yes I am aware and I stand by the statement that someone wanting a method to opt away from the focus system to get rid of that obnoxious glowing orb shouldn't have to deal with eidolons to do it. Focus already sucks to get into because of eidolons, why would I want it to suck to get out of too?

Just now, Drasiel said:

Yes I am aware and I stand by the statement that someone wanting a method to opt away from the focus system to get rid of that obnoxious glowing orb shouldn't have to deal with eidolons to do it. Focus already sucks to get into because of eidolons, why would I want it to suck to get out of too?

It was suggestion because for some players being careless/stupid and accidently clicking to crack lens may be the issue why they are not allowing.

I personally wouldn't mind if it was easy/hard/whatever. Just want a way to get rid of those without rebuilding everything.

7 minutes ago, OwlOfJune said:

It was suggestion because for some players being careless/stupid and accidently clicking to crack lens may be the issue why they are not allowing.

I personally wouldn't mind if it was easy/hard/whatever. Just want a way to get rid of those without rebuilding everything.

Oh I have no problem with having to build an item specifically to do it, just don't put that item behind quills. I've had to level quills through hard carries where I couldn't even look at my screen to get the rank up items and upgrading vomvalyst core drops through thousands (that's  not an exaggeration I did the math) of rare gems to get other quill items. Eidolons are uncomfortable visually for a lot of people but there's a whole subset of people they make really sick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-07-21 at 9:56 AM, Dyfchris said:

+1 for this topic.

We need to have this, remove or destroy.

Thx DE to do something about that :)

+1

Yes, I 100% agree.  Let us remove/destroy.  DE can still get their plat, and we can get our lens-free gear. 

• 1 year later...

I genuinely got so frustrated with a Lens a few years back, that I sold the weapon for credits. That weapon? Spira prime. Turns out throwing weapons weren't ideal for getting focus. We seriously NEED an option to remove focus lenses! We can remove Archon Shards, why not lenses?

Edited by Nora_Byrne

• 4 months later...

yep, def a thing needed, never seen any use after maxing focus stuff.

x ammount of plat to remove and destroy a focus thats atached to a weapon/frame/etc, easy money for devs, no brainer.

or

atatch a blank focus to remove it