The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your favorite frame to play?

skyfiredraco

Heya guys... lets get a little fun discussion going...

but which is your favorite frame to PLAY.

Not necessarily the most powerful, useful, etc. But the one that makes you happy to use. And what combination of abilities and mods make it that way?

I'm a warframe semi-newb. I'm mastery 6 (and was mastery 8 on my ps4 before i switched to pc) and am almost through Europa planet-wise.

I tend to waste way to much time doing alerts and messing around in the Plains but i still push a bit farther in the planets and story every so often.

To now i've almost exclusively played Excalibur. I friggen love exalted blade (and the radial blind/exalted blade combo) and i enjoy the onyx skin i have on him too.

That said... though farming, various promotions, platinum coupons, etc. i've managed to pick up six or seven other frames over the last few months. The only other one i have maxed at 30 to this date is valkyr (i like melee frames... and she is fun, but i prefer excalibur for some reason).

I recently heard that frame leveling was pretty good on Io, Jupiter and gave it a shot and am liking it, so i'm leveling a few frames for funzies (and the meso relics here drop like candy :P) and am considering some new frames to trot out into the mainstream.

So yea... looking at ideas. I have enough platinum (see above: promos etc.) that i can pick up a frame or three anytime i really want, and i'm eyeballing that Mirage Prime pack pretty hard right now lol.

Just curious what frames, abilities, mods, etc. make you smile and why.

Cya around Tenno :)

I love using Frost. He's just such a great all around character. He has great crowd control but can also nuke a defense mission, no problem.

I know that probably sounds like I'm saying I like him cause I think he's the best but that's really not the case. I really do enjoy his power set. Also, I think most of his available skins are some of the best. I just really do love the frame.

Octavia would be my favorite if I could use my fast paced music and still be able to proc her abilities as consistently as people with slower songs. Really kills her for me lol.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

Disarm Loki with a bow, sniper, or massive shotgun. I really like making every enemy useless and then prioritizing the super beefy units while leaving my team to take care of the trash. Also just a fan of Loki Prime's look in general.

ty for the replies all!

i've been madly looking up most of these as i toss back and forth from the forums and trying to max my Trinity lol.

I have a lot of these... have to try em out.

One that i don't have, or even have the pieces for, is Volt... and that speed demon looks interesting (i love the agility in this game). Think i might burn a little plat there...

ty for the idea! =D

Ash became my favourite when I got it.

I love how Ash's 4th ability works. Can enter a room and mark every enemy, but don't actually initiate the killing storm until I need to recharge shields. Can use a channeled fatal teleport to replenish health too. The bladestorm teleports to an enemy and back (picking up drops while there), the fatal teleport stays at an enemy/ally location. So both have mobility uses. It's very different to anything else I've played.

I would say my number 1 frame is Nyx ... nothing like seeing a bunch of grineer punch each other in the face as you run by shooting them in the face.

2nd favorite is probably Nekros ... control the dead ... come on now.

3rd favorite is a tie between Hydroid and Harrow.  Hydroid because he is basically a pirate ... and Harrow ... the lore behind him ... and the chains are haunting.

If you like melee frames I would second Volt - that speed boost works on your melee attack speed too, and his 4 is a huge AOE stun.

My fave frame changes frequently though, and if you are newish then many frames dont begin to shine till you have some really good mods.

One though that was fun and incredibly powerful right out the box was Atlas - with a decent melee weapon his 1 punch combo decimates everything.

Honestly though all the warframes are so good I use all of them lots, apart from Wukong because his stupid staff combos annoy me by looking and sounding ridiculous - but hes still a good frame.

Nova can trivialise the entire star-chart damage-wise, Limbo is the revive king as nothing can touch him in the rift, Ivara can solo any mission with perma invisibility and a stun like excaliburs radial blind for finishing enemies.

Another great melee frame is Inaros - his passive heals you on finishers, and his 1 stuns, he can self-revive and devour enemies for more health, can generate armour and release a healing cloud for team mates,  his sandstorm is pretty good CC too AND he can turn enemies to fight for him as sand-minions..