Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not receiving a verification email

zeehf

• 2 years later...

not a single damn emails getting through, steam suddenly uninstalls the game just out of nowhere after i restart my computer, i reinstall it overnight and cant log back in because 'verification' from the exact same device that ive logged into their website from, its as if its finding EVERY single way to go wrong and stop me from playing, more than quite annoying and more than quite infuriating 

• 2 weeks later...

This verification thing is happened to me too, i'm not playing since late 2019(cuz burnout from work-life and stuff),

today i decided to jump back in the game but stumbled by this verification mail bug(i'm using outlook),

not receiving any mail atm😷

Edit : It's working now after i've waited for 1 hour and try to login , this time i've received mail for verification code immediately after login😊

Edited by Daisho

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is ridiculous that this is still an issue that has continued for over 3 years... I am having the same issue. I receive a code when resetting password etc from the website but the game and mobile app just doesn't send codes through.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buryhibeee said:

It is ridiculous that this is still an issue that has continued for over 3 years... I am having the same issue. I receive a code when resetting password etc from the website but the game and mobile app just doesn't send codes through.

Contact support and have them change your accounts email address and use a different email provider, support changed my account from Hotmail to Gmail and that solved the issue, I'm not sure why these issues are still occurring though

Tell support you are having issues receiving 2fa emails and that you would like to change your accounts email address, they will need some information such as platinum purchases, prime access purchases, account sign-up date etc

Just now, training800 said:

Tell support you are having issues receiving 2fa emails and that you would like to change your accounts email address, they will need some information such as platinum purchases, prime access purchases, account sign-up date etc

After you have changed your email you will likely need to have 2FA disabled 

• 3 weeks later...

I received a verification mail, but the code already was expired when I got the mail. Any solution for this? Obviously trying to get another verification key doesn't make sense when they are valid for 30 mins only and the mail takes longer than 30 mins to be received (for whatever reason, should be a matter of seconds technically...)

Edited by mech313

• 4 weeks later...

I just started playing warframe a couple days ago and I setup/created my account without any issues (received an introduction email, confirmation email, etc.) but as soon as I tried to log in from another computer, it asked me for a verification code (which I expect it to) but the fact that I've received 1 code in the past 25+ login attempts across the timespan of 4 days is ridiculous... If DE can't do simple things such as send verification emails to people who have Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. (also known as the most used mail services), how do they expect to launch cross save when people are going to need verification codes all day and night long switching between consoles but they can't receive any🤦‍♂️ honestly ridiculous

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Meh, I was gonna give this game another run out, but the fact the mail simply refused to send means I gave up and went to play something else.

Shame really but after 11 hours at work I dont want to faff around with a support ticket that will take longer to get answered than if they posted me the code by snail mail.

3 hours ago, Kothoses said:

Meh, I was gonna give this game another run out, but the fact the mail simply refused to send means I gave up and went to play something else.

Based on your post time, you were trying to get your 2FA mail during a brief period (<1 hour) when the entire system had a problem within DE's network which prevented it from sending mail out. (announced here). Everything should be in working order now though!

I would suggest however that this thread has outlived its usefulness. It was started in 2017, so the same people aren't suffering from the same problems. Bumping extremely old threads doesn't help us stay on top of current issues, and it doesn't help you get resolutions. Most of the time, problems with 2FA are specific to individual players (and their email servers) rather than something that needs to be reported as a community-wide bug.

In the event you have trouble with 2FA, the steps to follow are:

1) Verify that everything is typed correctly and that you're checking the right email account

2) Wait a few minutes and refresh

3) Check your email client's Filters to see if your 2FA code got marked as spam/trash/low priority mail

4) Check Warframe's forums or social channels for announcements about known service problems!

5) If you still haven't gotten your 2FA mail after the time has expired, contact Support. Create a new request under "My Account" and the category "Two factor authentication issue"

• Like 4