Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haunted Expanse (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

33 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He perks a brow* "Wait she sees something in m_"

*DISC bursts out laughing* "Ohh, this is gonna be REAL KILLER, really fun!"

*Zaeed sighs, then heads to Cetus* "Just..shut up"

You arrive at Cetus before Xane, who waltzes into the gate just before it closes behind you.

He is holding a spear and a few fish that appear to have a huge gash down the rear half of their body.

”Morris Lungfish.” He says. “Good fishing at night. Couldn’t help myself. Need some way to relax after all the violence.”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

You arrive at Cetus before Xane, who waltzes into the gate just before it closes behind you.

He is holding a spear and a few fish that appear to have a huge gash down the rear half of their body.

”Morris Lungfish.” He says. “Good fishing at night. Couldn’t help myself. Need some way to relax after all the violence.”

*Zaeed chuckles "Whatever happened with night is bad?" *He sighs* "Anyhow, I..wanted to talk to you actually, about Driges mission"

13 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed chuckles "Whatever happened with night is bad?" *He sighs* "Anyhow, I..wanted to talk to you actually, about Driges mission"

“Well not that you’ve seen a Teralyst you’re smart enough to stay away.” He says. “Before you probably would have shot it, and gotten smeared across the landscape.”

He pauses at the mention of Dirge.

”Level with me.” He says. “What exactly, is your interest in my boss’ brother?”

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Well not that you’ve seen a Teralyst you’re smart enough to stay away.” He says. “Before you probably would have shot it, and gotten smeared across the landscape.”

He pauses at the mention of Dirge.

”Level with me.” He says. “What exactly, is your interest in my boss’ brother?”

*He sighs* "I have no reason, not to trust you, but I have a score to settle with him, we don't get along what so ever and well, I thought if a nice brawl would let us, just blow that stress away" *He perks a brow* "That...sounded better in my head, dammit.."

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs* "I have no reason, not to trust you, but I have a score to settle with him, we don't get along what so ever and well, I thought if a nice brawl would let us, just blow that stress away" *He perks a brow* "That...sounded better in my head, dammit.."

Xane tilts his head as two gates open before you. 

“Do you want to get crippled?” He asks. “Because That is how you get crippled.”

He shifts the spear. 

“Look normally I wouldn’t give out intel on a Wraith.” He says. “But I get the feeling Dirge would be happy to see you show up for a fight. So here’s the deal. Ten Million credits even, and I’ll tell you where to find him, reliably.”

Xane tilts his head as two gates open before you. 

“Do you want to get crippled?” He asks. “Because That is how you get crippled.”

He shifts the spear. 

“Look normally I wouldn’t give out intel on a Wraith.” He says. “But I get the feeling Dirge would be happy to see you show up for a fight. So here’s the deal. Ten Million credits even, and I’ll tell you where to find him, reliably.”

*He doubles it* "Heres 20, for helping me out as well, and I;ll triple it, if you can tell me the details of his frame and weapons, and ship he's using, along with Sam, just in-case I get in a fight, you know, so I can get prepared, and think about it, who now wants to watch a good brawl?" 

11 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He doubles it* "Heres 20, for helping me out as well, and I;ll triple it, if you can tell me the details of his frame and weapons, and ship he's using, along with Sam, just in-case I get in a fight, you know, so I can get prepared, and think about it, who now wants to watch a good brawl?" 

“You don’t need to worry about the others.” Xane says. “It’s not the sort of place you bring a friend, it’s not the sort of place you bring anyone. Technically it’s not the sort of place you even tell a friend. Speaking of which, of you do tell anyone, I will kill you myself. Don’t laugh. I’m not kidding.”

He waits for the payment to complete before sending out some coordinates.

”No one knows what they called the place originally. To me it’s a good place to get a drink.” He says. “No one talks about it enough to know. But there are three things you need to know.”

He offloads the fish at a market stall.

”1. Recording devices are banned and will get you killed.” He says. “If it can playback it will get you stabbed in the back. 2. Weapon’s are also banned. Bring a sidearm and a blade, or someone who did will kill you. You can either hide them, or bribe the guards, but you walk in unarmed you won’t make it five feet.”

He twirls the spear and then stores it.

”3. No one there is your friend, no one there wants to help you. If they say they are or do, walk away. Or just shoot them, preferably the latter. No matter what you see, no matter what you hear, do NOT interfere. “Dead men tell no tales” is basically a scientific fact.”

He stops before you reach Saya.

”Of the five people who bought that intel from me.” He says. “Only one ever acted on it. He walked two feet in decided it wasn’t worth it, and was found two days later with seventy-three stab wounds and no credits.”

His tone is dead serious. 

“My honest advice. Whatever Dirge did to you isn’t worth it.” He says. “And you can take that to the bank because it is worth every penny you paid.”

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You don’t need to worry about the others.” Xane says. “It’s not the sort of place you bring a friend, it’s not the sort of place you bring anyone. Technically it’s not the sort of place you even tell a friend. Speaking of which, of you do tell anyone, I will kill you myself. Don’t laugh. I’m not kidding.”

He waits for the payment to complete before sending out some coordinates.

”No one knows what they called the place originally. To me it’s a good place to get a drink.” He says. “No one talks about it enough to know. But there are three things you need to know.”

He offloads the fish at a market stall.

”1. Recording devices are banned and will get you killed.” He says. “If it can playback it will get you stabbed in the back. 2. Weapon’s are also banned. Bring a sidearm and a blade, or someone who did will kill you. You can either hide them, or bribe the guards, but you walk in unarmed you won’t make it five feet.”

He twirls the spear and then stores it.

”3. No one there is your friend, no one there wants to help you. If they say they are or do, walk away. Or just shoot them, preferably the latter. No matter what you see, no matter what you hear, do NOT interfere. “Dead men tell no tales” is basically a scientific fact.”

He stops before you reach Saya.

”Of the five people who bought that intel from me.” He says. “Only one ever acted on it. He walked two feet in decided it wasn’t worth it, and was found two days later with seventy-three stab wounds and no credits.”

His tone is dead serious. 

“My honest advice. Whatever Dirge did to you isn’t worth it.” He says. “And you can take that to the bank because it is worth every penny you paid.”

*He Nods* "Got it and anything else I should know? I want this to be fair-play"

Edited by -Platinum-

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Nods* "Got it and anything else I should know? I want this to be fair-play"

“Yeah.” He says. “Pay for your grave before you go. Odds are you won’t be able to pay for it afterwards.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Yeah.” He says. “Pay for your grave before you go. Odds are you won’t be able to pay for it afterwards.”

*He nods* "Thank you Xane, I need to go sort my gear for whatever Syra has for us next, but it sure sounds like a hard place, I'll be with you in a few mins, yeah? and thank you for the Intel"

*DISC seems to have been gathering the intel already and packing it up and takeing the location, he attempts to find any more info about it* "..."

45 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods* "Thank you Xane, I need to go sort my gear for whatever Syra has for us next, but it sure sounds like a hard place, I'll be with you in a few mins, yeah? and thank you for the Intel"

*DISC seems to have been gathering the intel already and packing it up and takeing the location, he attempts to find any more info about it* "..."

You find... nothing. There are no records on any such place. If it exists it is beyond the reach of any spy satellite or ship log. It exists in a rare spot where no maps have been plotted, nor beacons placed. A null area, a suspiciously empty zone.

11 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You find... nothing. There are no records on any such place. If it exists it is beyond the reach of any spy satellite or ship log. It exists in a rare spot where no maps have been plotted, nor beacons placed. A null area, a suspiciously empty zone.

*Zaeed walks off to the end of Cetus* "Come on DISC"

*DISC awaits before they are alone, before re-contacting torment* "...." 

Edited by -Platinum-

On 1/6/2018 at 5:12 AM, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed walks off to the end of Cetus* "Come on DISC"

*DISC awaits before they are alone, before re-contacting torment* "...." 

Instead of Torment you hear the voice of the Unum.

”I understand your hatred, Champion.” She says. “But do not let it cloud your vision. If you tell the dark one about this, the spymaster will know. Did he not say few know of this place?”

She is silent for a moment before continuing.

”I cannot shield you from his allies if you do this.” She says. “You must choose. Protector or traitor. Adored, or hunted. I offer you a place here, a chance to protect what remains of the empire.”

Edited by Rakawan

Instead of Torment you hear the voice of the Unum.

”I understand your hatred, Champion.” She says. “But do not let it cloud your vision. If you tell the dark one about this, the spymaster will know. Did he not say few know of this place?”

She is silent for a moment before continuing.

”I cannot shield you from his allies if you do this.” She says. “You must choose. Protector or traitor. Adored, or hunted. I offer you a place here, a chance to protect what remains of the empire.”

*DISC looks rather confused, he turns to Zaeed* "Trader?"

*Zaeed moves his plam away from his comlink* "Champion?,  the last time I heard that it was in the Orokin days, but I am not Traitor, what I'm doing, is fninishing the job, what the betrayer took from me, he will find and kill me soon enough" *He sighs* "I'll..be horonredd to protect what is left of our royal empire, but I need to take care of the one who stands in m my way, if he knew about this, I'll be dead already" *He looks to DISC, then back to the tower* "I'm sorry..."

*DISC again attempts to contact her* "At once.."

*He gazes to the tower* "Who are you?"

26 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*DISC looks rather confused, he turns to Zaeed* "Trader?"

*Zaeed moves his plam away from his comlink* "Champion?,  the last time I heard that it was in the Orokin days, but I am not Traitor, what I'm doing, is fninishing the job, what the betrayer took from me, he will find and kill me soon enough" *He sighs* "I'll..be horonredd to protect what is left of our royal empire, but I need to take care of the one who stands in m my way, if he knew about this, I'll be dead already" *He looks to DISC, then back to the tower* "I'm sorry..."

*DISC again attempts to contact her* "At once.."

*He gazes to the tower* "Who are you?"

“The Empire, or your own petty vengeance.” The Unum says. “You cannot have both. Leadership requires sacrifice.”

Her voice fades and you can sense her waiting. Waiting to see what your choice will be.

Torment picks up the line.

”What is it trader?” She asks. “Have you more news?”

Edited by Rakawan

15 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“The Empire, or your own petty vengeance.” The Unum says. “You cannot have both. Leadership requires sacrifice.”

Her voice fades and you can sense her waiting. Waiting to see what your choice will be.

Torment picks up the line.

”What is it trader?” She asks. “Have you more news?”

*He sighs, to himself* "I'll gain my empire one way or another" *He looks to Torment* "I have yes, this is as much data that I can get, I'm risking a lot for this, and ugh been contacted by some odd woman, if my theory is right, it was the Unum, I doubt she'll be happy with me siding with you. but she needs to understand, that we need to destroy whats left of the betrayers to start a new empire" *He chuckles* "And besides, I can't just a good woman like you in the dark, now can I?"

*DISC sends everything Xane given them* "I'm sure your kind are aware of such a place, of no man tolls" *He says* "Following the data and rules, you should be fine"

*Zaeed opens a resource pool* "Take any supplies you need from me Torment, I can't have you hurt on this mission, for my own gains, just please be careful" *He sighs* "I'm sorry DISC, but your going with her, I want her protected, I want you to guide her life, in your hands, do not return to me, until then, I will let Zuri know"

"But...but.." *He sighs* "If she's ok with it, I'll protect her with all I can, Operator" 

Edited by -Platinum-
Fixed Colors

12 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He sighs, to himself* "I'll gain my empire one way or another" *He looks to Torment* "I have yes, this is as much data that I can get, I'm risking a lot for this, and ugh been contacted by some odd woman, if my theory is right, it was the Unum, I doubt she'll be happy with me siding with you. but she needs to understand, that we need to destroy whats left of the betrayers to start a new empire" *He chuckles* "And besides, I can't just a good woman like you in the dark, now can I?"

*DISC sends everything Xane given them* "I'm sure your kind are aware of such a place, of no man tolls" *He says* "Following the data and rules, you should be fine"

*Zaeed opens a resource pool* "Take any supplies you need from me Torment, I can't have you hurt on this mission, for my own gains, just please be careful" *He sighs* "I'm sorry DISC, but your going with her, I want her protected, I want you to guide her life, in your hands, do not return to me, until then, I will let Zuri know"

"But...but.." *He sighs* "If she's ok with it, I'll protect her with all I can, Operator" 

Torment’s image glitches, then freezes. Then, all at once, every last communciations channel you have goes dead.

”Dirge told me you were stupid.” Xane’s voice says, as a Loki appears behind you a Boltor held in its grasp. “However he was wrong about you being useless.”

His normally friendly tone is bereft if any warmth.

You feel the Unum’s presence fade away.

”In accordance with our treaty, I remove any protections from this traitor.” The Unum says. “He is yours to do with as you will. I ask only that he be given a fair trial.”

“You will have your champion.” Xane says. “One worthy of that title.”

D.I.S.C would find himself unable to transfer anywhere. It seems the tales about the Unum’s control over local tech are true.

”Those coordinates.” Xane says. “They lead to an empty patch of space. Well, not so empty. You see right about now a Wraith cruiser is sitting there, cloaked, and weapons armed. The moment your ‘friends’ leave punch, its scanners will see them. Then... boom!”

Behind him you see a Quill shake its head slowly, and then vanish behind a house.

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Torment’s image glitches, then freezes. Then, all at once, every last communciations channel you have goes dead.

”Dirge told me you were stupid.” Xane’s voice says, as a Loki appears behind you a Boltor held in its grasp. “However he was wrong about you being useless.”

His normally friendly tone is bereft if any warmth.

You feel the Unum’s presence fade away.

”In accordance with our treaty, I remove any protections from this traitor.” The Unum says. “He is yours to do with as you will. I ask only that he be given a fair trial.”

“You will have your champion.” Xane says. “One worthy of that title.”

D.I.S.C would find himself unable to transfer anywhere. It seems the tales about the Unum’s control over local tech are true.

”Those coordinates.” Xane says. “They lead to an empty patch of space. Well, not so empty. You see right about now a Wraith cruiser is sitting there, cloaked, and weapons armed. The moment your ‘friends’ leave punch, its scanners will see them. Then... boom!”

Behind him you see a Quill shake its head slowly, and then vanish behind a house.

*Zaeed sighs* "Then kill me, betrayer, I don't have time to deal with your kind, you have no idea what he's done to me, I want his damm head, along with his damm new chick girl-friend" *He snaps back* "I'll have dirge dead one way or another, or he kills me"

*DISC is trying to cut Zaeed's link, DISC goes into panic mode, surging all precepts to try to protect him* "Zaeed, I can't...shes blocked me out!"

"Its alright, DISC, it will be over soon" *He looks to Xane* "Why the hell do you care about him, he's a damm monster, he's NOTHING!" *His hands grip onto the floor* "I knew I should not have trusted you!, what is he to you, ever since I heard your working with Natah, I knew you were just the same!, TELL ME WHAT IS HE WORTH TO YOU A FRIEND?!" *At this point, he's boiling with rage* "TELL ME, YOU TENNO SCKOOM!"

"Zaeed, Please...." *DISC says, trying to clam him*

Edited by -Platinum-
Fixed Colors

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs* "Then kill me, betrayer, I don't have time to deal with your kind, you have no idea what he's done to me, I want his damm head, along with his damm new chick girl-friend" *He snaps back* "I'll have dirge dead one way or another, or he kills me"

*DISC is trying to cut Zaeed's link, DISC goes into panic mode, surging all precepts to try to protect him* "Zaeed, I can't...shes blocked me out!"

"Its alright, DISC, it will be over soon" *He looks to Xane* "Why the hell do you care about him, he's a damm monster, he's NOTHING!" *His hands grip onto the floor* "I knew I should not have trusted you!, what is he to you, ever since I heard your working with Natah, I knew you were just the same!, TELL ME WHAT IS HE WORTH TO YOU A FRIEND?!" *At this point, he's boiling with rage* "TELL ME, YOU TENNO SCKOOM!"

"Zaeed, Please...." *DISC says, trying to clam him*

Xane fires, a burst of bolts shredding your frame, forcing your true form to be ejected onto the cold stone. 

A holo-disc rolls to the ground before you. 

It activates, and you see sight after terrifying sight. Tenno, in frames and out of them, strapped to tables, writhing in agony as Orokin scientists write down notes. Children, paraded before aged and ailing Orokin, auctioned off as they try to understand. Those children, clutching their heads and screaming in fear as their minds are eroded until they are naught but husks. Civilians who dared speak out murdered. Scientists killed because they failed to produce results. Atrocity after atrocity paraded before your eyes until you cannot bear to watch anymore.

”That is your glorious empire.” Xane says. “That is what Dirge saw. That is why he hates them. While you and Ryoko got to play hero, got to walk the streets of gold and ivory, it was a Dirge and i who saw the filth beneath. We were their spies, their assassins, their secret keepers. Until we could not stand it anymore.”

His voice is iron.

”When I was born, I had five brothers.” Xane said. “I stand here now, with none. The first two, murdered, so the Orokin could look young again. The next, tortured, so the Orokin could learn how much pain our kind can take. The last? Abandoned to die on the field of battle, because rineforcments wefe evacuating an Orokin who wanted to ‘watch the battle.’”

The market stalls near you are empty, the Ostron gathered behind Xane, staring at you.

”You think you know hatred?” Xane asks. “You think you know sorrow? You. Know. Nothing!”

Xane fires, a burst of bolts shredding your frame, forcing your true form to be ejected onto the cold stone. 

Holo-disc rolls to the ground before you. 

It activates, and you see sight after terrifying sight. Tenno, in frames and out of them, strapped to tables, writhing in agony as Orokin scientists write down notes. Children, paraded before aged and ailing Orokin, auctioned off as they try to understand. Those children, clutching their heads and screaming in fear as their minds are eroded until they are nought but husks. Civilians who dared speak out murdered. Scientists killed because they failed to produce results. Atrocity after atrocity paraded before your eyes until you cannot bear to watch anymore.

”That is your glorious empire,” Xane says. “That is what Dirge saw. That is why he hates them. While you and Ryoko got to play hero, got to walk the streets of gold and ivory, it was a Dirge and me who saw the filth beneath. We were their spies, their assassins, their secret keepers. Until we could not stand it anymore.”

His voice is iron.

”When I was born, I had five brothers,” Xane said. “I stand here now, with none. The first two, murdered, so the Orokin could look young again. The next, tortured, so the Orokin could learn how much pain our kind can take. The last? Abandoned to die on the field of battle, because reinforcements were evacuating an Orokin who wanted to ‘watch the battle.’”

The market stalls near you are empty, the Ostron gathered behind Xane, staring at you.

”You think you know hatred?” Xane asks. “You think you know sorrow? You. Know. Nothing!”

*Zaeed shakes, despite the atrocity he saw with his eyes, he simply chuckles* "Conflicts of War, Necessary Sacrifices, nothing more but simple casualties, that's all you saw" *He truns his head* "For your apostasy, here, your judgment, would be death, Xane, you think Natah saved us, showed us the way?, she only did what her nature required her to do" *He laughs more* "I walked along golden path, while the sorrows of our empire throw it all away, for nothing"  

*DISC pulls all his systems down, trying his best to contact either Torment or Shadow to help* ".."

6 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed shakes, despite the atrocity he saw with his eyes, he simply chuckles* "Conflicts of War, Necessary Sacrifices, nothing more but simple casualties, that's all you saw" *He truns his head* "For your apostasy, here, your judgment, would be death, Xane, you think Natah saved us, showed us the way?, she only did what her nature required her to do" *He laughs more* "I walked along golden path, while the sorrows of our empire throw it all away, for nothing"  

*DISC pulls all his systems down, trying his best to contact either Torment or Shadow to help* ".."

“Really?” Xane asks. “Is that what you told your daughter?”

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zuir perks a brow* "What the?"

_____

"I told her everything that she needs to know, she's old enough now to understand, what my heart and blood belongs to" *Zaeed says, looking to the disc* "What you have in your hand are nothing but lies of Omission, nothing more" *He begins to try to surge his frame* "You think she'll be scared by what the Orokin did?, think again Xane, she learned what they did from the start"

______

*Zuir covers her mouth, in disgust from what the disc showed her* "Ugh, what, the hell?!"

The frame behind Zaeed explodes into useless fragments as it’s damage circuits fail to channel the energy.

”And the Shadow?” Xane asks. “Does she know about your partnership with him? How you sold out your own kind?”

The broadcast continues to both Zuri and Mercy, as well as several other unknown parties.

The frame behind Zaeed explodes into useless fragments as it’s damage circuits fail to channel the energy.

”And the Shadow?” Xane asks. “Does she know about your partnership with him? How you sold out your own kind?”

The broadcast continues to both Zuri and Mercy, as well as several other unknown parties.

*He nods, he simply smirks* "Yes, she does, why do you think he will never lay a finger on her?, Why do you think he helped her when she needed help!"

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods, he simply smirks* "Yes, she does, why do you think he will never lay a finger on her?, Why do you think he helped her when she needed help!"

“So your daughter knowingly aided and abetted an all of the Tenno’s greatest enemy?” Xane asks. “In exchange for protection from said individual.”

Xane sounds formal, as if he is talking to more than just you, as if he is presenting something.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“So your daughter knowingly aided and abetted an all of the Tenno’s greatest enemy?” Xane asks. “In exchange for protection from said individual.”

Xane sounds formal, as if he is talking to more than just you, as if he is presenting something.

"She simply stays away from him, I DIDN'T SAY, SHE DID, LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!" *Zaeed snarls back* "I'm gonna ask you again, bring me to Torment!"