The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What keeps you playing?

(PSN)NotNodn

I am a person of simple pleasures.  

The game is beautiful, it's rather easy to get what I want and it pushes my amusement button.

But the game does have it's flaws and could be miles better than what it is now.

2 hours ago, Urabask said:

What F2P games are you putting on a pedestal above Warframe with your lazy critique here?  

Youre being a tad hypocritical right now. Are you planning on participating in the topic like Pent did, or are you just here to fight with them?

57 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Path of Exile doesn't have bad game design, and you haven't even tried to counter any of my arguments other than saying "you're wrong and just salty because you have personal problems with DE." You have no basis in anything you say. You're grasping at straws for what? If you want to defend Warframe's gameplay, then do that. Do it by saying how I'm wrong within the context of the game. 

I'm not making excuses for anything. League of Legends is an incredibly well made moba. Runescape is and always has been one of the best and most popular F2P lite-MMOs. They're not free of problems, but they handle them a lot better than DE.

PoE is a game in a genre based on bad game design.  You grind your way through the same shallow content endlessly, it has a character creation system that is built to punish you for making mistakes and the gear accquisition and upgrade system has so many layers of RNG you'd have to be a masochist to consider it fun.  There certainly is an audience for that kind of game but you can't really complain about Warframe being unpolished when you're talking about a game that is deliberately unpolished.

Then you lump LoL in when most gamers don't want to touch that toxic cesspool with a ten foot pole.  I mean Christ it's a game where everyone plays one game mode on one map.  LoL only gets away with what it does because it is LoL.  Aside from dota 2 any other game that tries to get away with what LoL does is guaranteed to be a wallow in mediocrity because there is no room for a game to make the same mistakes and have a player base.

And then you bring up Runestone saying it's improved because you can grind out a bond to get past the paywall.  But you're talking about hours upon hours to get to the point where you can even earn currency at a fast enough rate and then you get to grind even more just to get to the point where content isn't literally stuck behind a paywall.  And then you get to continue grinding every two weeks just to keep from having to get stuck behind the paywall.  And all of this just to play a pixelated mess of a generic RPG.

31 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Youre being a tad hypocritical right now. Are you planning on participating in the topic like Pent did, or are you just here to fight with them?

I never said Warframe was perfect or anything.  I just think that it's a bit ridiculous to complain about Warframe being shallow and repetitive when basically every game it's competing with also is.

Edited by Urabask

3 minutes ago, Urabask said:

PoE is a game in a genre based on bad game design.  You grind your way through the same shallow content endlessly, it has a character creation system that is built to punish you for making mistakes and the gear accquisition and upgrade system has so many layers of RNG you'd have to be a masochist to consider it fun.  There certainly is an audience for that kind of game but you can't really complain about Warframe being unpolished when you're talking about a game that is deliberately unpolished.

Then you lump LoL in when most gamers don't want to touch that toxic cesspool with a ten foot pole.  I mean Christ it's a game where everyone plays one game mode on one map.  LoL only gets away with what it does because it is LoL.  Aside from dota 2 any other game that tries to get away with what LoL does is guaranteed to be a wallow in mediocrity because there is no room for a game to make the same mistakes and have a player base.

And then you bring up Runestone saying it's improved because you can grind out a bond to get past the paywall.  But you're talking about hours upon hours to get to the point where you can even earn currency at a fast enough rate and then you get to grind even more just to get to the point where content isn't literally stuck behind a paywall.  And then you get to continue grinding every two weeks just to keep from having to get stuck behind the paywall.  And all of this just to play a pixelated mess of a generic RPG.

I never said Warframe was perfect or anything.  I just think that it's a bit ridiculous to complain about Warframe being shallow and repetitive when basically every game it's competing with is similarly shallow.

So you're picking a fight with them over subjective views and personal opinions and experiences.

Thanks for derailing the topic because you want to defend DE.

Just now, MagPrime said:

So you're picking a fight with them over subjective views and personal opinions and experiences.

It's at least tangentially related to the topic given that you have to find reasons to play Warframe over other games.

IDK why you think it's so important for a post farm topic like this to be untainted by discussion of something other than inane rambling about addiction to the game but erm ... have fun with that?

1 minute ago, Urabask said:

It's at least tangentially related to the topic given that you have to find reasons to play Warframe over other games.

IDK why you think it's so important for a post farm topic like this to be untainted by discussion of something other than inane rambling about addiction to the game but erm ... have fun with that?

You aren't having a discussion, you're targeting one person and fighting them over something subjective.

And I can say it was targeting because you didn't even participate in the threads topic before jumping on Pent, and while you reference tnccs' post, you haven't bothered to even touch on it.

And just because you don't take the topic seriously doesn't mean it's a post count farm.

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You aren't having a discussion, you're targeting one person and fighting them over something subjective.

And I can say it was targeting because you didn't even participate in the threads topic before jumping on Pent, and while you reference tnccs' post, you haven't bothered to even touch on it.

And just because you don't take the topic seriously doesn't mean it's a post count farm.

The second post was about how Warframe is the best F2P.  Pent picks a fight with that guy saying it isn't, then I ask what other games are keeping Warframe from being the best F2P.  It's a logical direction for the discussion to take.  But you want it to be a post farm instead of a discussion about F2P games something that is a definitive part of what drives people to actually play Warframe.

Edited by Urabask

2 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Next time, please, don't make threads like this one. People will use it to talk sh*t about DE instead of staying to the topic.

This community created such a high ego that is nigh impossible to have a good conversation in the forums.

???? most of the criticism are warranted though? Why the w***e knighting outta nowhere?

1 minute ago, Urabask said:

The second post was about how Warframe is the best F2P.  Pent picks a fight with that guy saying it isn't, then I ask what other games are keeping Warframe from being the best F2P.  It's a logical direction for the discussion to take.  

The second you decided to accuse someone of trolling, the discussion was over.  

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

To be fair, it began with Pent_'s disagreement with the second poster that had little to do with what keeps him playing, rather that persons personal gripes with the game. 

Urabask should've left him alone to wallow in his frustrations, but it should be fair to call out the right person if you're gonna make an accusation like that.

6 minutes ago, Darkmoone1 said:

To be fair, it began with Pent_'s disagreement with the second poster that had little to do with what keeps him playing, rather that persons personal gripes with the game. 

Urabask should've left him alone to wallow in his frustrations, but it should be fair to call out the right person if you're gonna make an accusation like that.

Their comment doesn't come across as attacking.  They aren't making jabs at the quality of the comme.t they quoted and are actually providing feedback and details on issues and fixes.

Urabask starts off their interaction with thinly veiled insults and that's it.

However, yes.  No one should have engaged in the first place.  My apologies for my part in the derailment.  I'm rather pedantic and argumentive when I just wake up.

Edited by MagPrime

Just now, MagPrime said:

Their comment doesn't come across as attacking.  They aren't making jabs at the quality of the comme.t they quoted and are actually providing feedback and details on issues and fixes.

Urabask starts off their interaction with thinly veiled insults and that's it.

Uh...I think we're reading different posts. At least what I can read, the post is hardly considered feedback that's constructive or meaningful. 

I balance it out with my time with Assassins Creed Origins (till  Ghosts of Fushima comes out (sp?) ) 

But everytime i get that master test Forced 24 hour FAIL NOTICE... I quit the game what a day or two.. and maybe come back.

Then i dont get burned out (although i get PISSED at a Forced FAILURE lock out)..  I tried Warframe on the PS4 but quit it and de-installed it from my ps4 cause it didnt link with my PC windows version.  But most of all.. the Windows PC version - with its community keeps some good conversation and community together.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NotNodn said:

Is it the friendly community? The passionate dev? The hours of content? The satisfying gameplay? The endless ways to customise? The hidden lore? The Sci Fi setting? Or the fact that all of this and more is free to play? What keeps you guys going?

Da glorious Clem ofc

For me the lore, interesting characters, the view what the game uses, the devs, the community as a whole, but the fact warframe is a fun game and no need to be try hard or hardcore player to play and succeed.

If the game would be like a one time pay game that would not bother me at all and as a free to play game it does a very good job despite the flaws what this game has but every game has flaws so it is not a thing.