Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redirection And Vitality Are Misleading

BeardGreen

I have always been confused as to why both of these mods appear to offer an increase in the player's max health or shield capacity, and yet it is actually far weaker than it appears. I think either these mods should be worded better to avoid both confusion and great disappointment, or have their mechanics tweaked so that they actually do what it says on the tin.

They said they increase it. The more you upgrade it, the more health and shields it gives. It is by no means misleading. It's understandable that an unupgraded Redirection and Vitality wouldn't give much of a bonus.

Once upgraded even halfway, they give a considerable bonus.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

The mods both go up to level 10. The max level gives a benefit of 440%. I think that is fine. 

Plus the Warframe matters. Rhino will benefit more from Vitality than Loki. 

Edited by Sni7ch

All stat increases in this game go off base stats.

If they included all information on everything all the time, then a) there's be more text than anyone could be bothered to read, and b) there'd be nothing to discover.

Let me fix that for you:

If they included an option to display all information on everything at the player's whim, then there would be more information available to players in-game, resulting in players being able to make informed decisions without going to a 3rd-party site, less pointless threads like this one cluttering the forums, and an easier learning curve for new players.

Let me fix that for you:

If they included an option to display all information on everything at the player's whim, then there would be more information available to players in-game, resulting in players being able to make informed decisions without going to a 3rd-party site, less pointless threads like this one cluttering the forums, and an easier learning curve for new players.

True too.

Can't think of any game that has ever actually done that, though.  Except maybe Civilization. 

With the exception of elemental damage.

AP, Electrical, Fire and Ice damage all scale with the damage you end up with from having Serration/Pressure Point/etc equipped.

....because serration, point blank, blaze, hornet strike and pressure point directly increase base damage.

The problem is that they buff the base stat, not the stat that is gained from leveling. I ran into this before. I think a relabel is all we really need, but I'd like for them to work the way they advertise currently.

So right now they should be labeled as +X% base, but I'd rather they just give +X% to the current stat they are effecting.

The confusion is likely becuse most players would see the 'base' ammount as the level 0 + level up parts, thus redirection and vitality boosting based on the level up iincreases as well.  However the rank ups on warframes give an added boost, seperate to the level up parts.  The mods themselves dont mention anything about the increase being off 'base' numbers, just increasing the ammount.

While weapons work differently in this respect.

edit: beaten to the line :)

Edited by Loswaith

All stat increases in this game go off base stats.

If they included all information on everything all the time, then a) there's be more text than anyone could be bothered to read, and b) there'd be nothing to discover.

This, my vitality is sitting at 400% Health, which my maxed out Nova, Nyx, Trin, Excal, ember, and I think Vauban, I sit at 700 health.

DE needs to fix it so you can see your modded stats right there in the mod applying page, and not just in game.

Yeah what i really meant was, when i first started using them i was looking at my stats and thinking "They look a little low...", and it wasn't until i looked at the wiki that i realised how it actually worked. But you know how it is, i guess i was hoping it would be possible to get 2000 shield or whatever and just how awesome that would be :P

They could just make it a little more obvious was my point :)