Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains/Earth quality of life improvements

TurboWonka

1) Day/night indicator when overwatching planet earth.
Why? So i don't have to poke into missions to figure out is it day or night.
2) Ability to launch bounties while being on plains on a fly.
Whole transition from plains to cetus just to launch bounty feels unnecessary, BUT if it is a necessary evil - well :D

I feel ya on both of these, especially being able to accept new bounties while still on the plains. My poor potato of a computer takes forever to load into and out of the plains, so having to wait for the Plains to load, complete a bounty, run back to Cetus, wait for Cetus to load, get another bounty, wait for the Plains to load again, and rinse and repeat really makes makes for a boring experience.

Plus I mean, come on. Everything else about the Plains entices you to actually stay for a while (well, except maybe Wisp farming) not sure why Bounties are essentially just "do one 12 minute mission and leave".

4 minutes ago, MaksymP said:

I think there are certain websites that allow you to quickly check the day/night cycle on Earth and PoE, but it would still be appreciated.

And I totally agree with the second point!

We shouldn't have to use 3rd party resources to find things out in any game. 

It's simply being lazy not including simple features that explain something very quickly and relying on 3rd parties to do it for you

9 hours ago, TurboWonka said:

Whole transition from plains to cetus just to launch bounty feels unnecessary, BUT if it is a necessary evil - well :D

I'm afraid they will never do that, I think they want us to go through the "cool" experience of getting the quests from the "elder of the town" like RPG games. It's kinda similar to Relays, you know, I would pay 1K plat if they gave me a shortcut on the main menu to access the Simulacrum :laugh:. But they have a dream of relays being a gathering place of sorts, so we need to spend 3-4 minutes logging into the relays and walking, and god forbid you  to upgrade a mod while testing there.

Edited by -CM-Machete

17 hours ago, TurboWonka said:

I'm totally with you on this one. This transition feels like the 3rd stage of Cancer which is the only reason I cannot enjoy the Plains Of Eidolon. The concept is great, the content is great too, but the transition.. My 5.7ms latency on FIOS while in Cetus and during transition skyrockets at 400ms and above and fps drop from about 200 till about 20.. The transition back and forth takes more time than the mission itself. The idea of not needing to go to the Cetus and being able to select bounties and go on missions directly from the Liset and after a mission being able to get back directly to the Liset is a must if you expect players to ask for more OW content in the future. Excuse me, if this sounded like a bit too much :awkward: I just wanted to get this off my chest, because I REALLY like Plains Of Eidolon.

I'd like to see a toggle-able mini-map overlay, so you can toggle it to show an overlay like there is in missions or the large scale plains map. Really don't like having to peek over to the corner while running around to see my loot detector go off. 

On 1/1/2018 at 3:11 AM, -CM-Machete said:

I'm afraid they will never do that, I think they want us to go through the "cool" experience of getting the quests from the "elder of the town" like RPG games. It's kinda similar to Relays, you know, I would pay 1K plat if they gave me a shortcut on the main menu to access the Simulacrum :laugh:. But they have a dream of relays being a gathering place of sorts, so we need to spend 3-4 minutes logging into the relays and walking, and god forbid you  to upgrade a mod while testing there.

Uh, you know Fast Travel exists right? You can fast travel to Simaris right from where you load in, open the menu(escape key) and it is right there, not directly in the Simulacrum, but it definitely saves time, I know, coming as a guy who practices MR tests a lot. Also, I advocate for us to have access to the Simulacrum within our ships, really no reason not to give us that other than on incentives the Relays as a space.

21 hours ago, Baelmoral said:

I'd like to see a toggle-able mini-map overlay, so you can toggle it to show an overlay like there is in missions or the large scale plains map. Really don't like having to peek over to the corner while running around to see my loot detector go off. 

Press M? That brings up a much larger map in the middle of your screen, helpful when that corner map just won't cut it for you.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, Diarmut said:

Uh, you know Fast Travel exists right? You can fast travel to Simaris right from where you load in, open the menu(escape key) and it is right there, not directly in the Simulacrum, but it definitely saves time, I know, coming as a guy who practices MR tests a lot. Also, I advocate for us to have access to the Simulacrum within our ships, really no reason not to give us that other than on incentives the Relays as a space.

Yes I do know, but it's unnecessary hassle, it's fine the first time, the second it's ok, but after the third one it gets boring and time consuming. We shouldn't need to visit the relay, and if they want us to really go there they should make it more interesting, at least they should put a blueprint for a Simulacrum segment on Simaris' offers and have medallion be redeemable in the syndicate console.

I find it nice for periodical things like Baro ir delivering quests for events and such, but they shouldn't ask people who have been through a certain portion of the game already to skip all that.

Edited by -CM-Machete

Yes, definitely:

• Earth Clock visible from the Navigation screen
  • Day/Night clock while in Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon, also
  • Compass or heading indicator while in the Plains (preferably with degrees rather than N/E/S/W)
  • Option to shut off Incursion reminders from the Lotus