Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No seriously. This is a must for Mirage.

Trickst3rGawd

12 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

Yes. There is no reason for them not to be recastable. They aggravate me because they negatively affect game flow, and are blatantly poor design.

Why are they blatantly poorly designed? Some require build-up or degradation, so that's just by design. Especially Harrow's Covenant, which would be blatantly overpowered for obvious reasons. I do agree that nevertheless, a number of them should be recastable, even if it means throwing away the remainder of the previous cast's effects, like with Nova's Null Star (it requires an augment to be tolerable, really!?).

Overall, I guess I half-agree, half-disagree, on an individual basis.

Edited by Raspberri
added some thoughts

1 minute ago, Raspberri said:

Why are they blatant? Some require build-up, so that's just by design. I do agree that nevertheless, a number of them should be recastable, even if it means throwing away the remainder of the previous cast's effects, like with Nova's Null Star (it requries an augment to be tolerable, really!?).

Overall, I guess I half-agree, half-disagree, on an individual basis.

THe only ones I can think off of the top of my head that shouldn't be are Nidus's ball of tentacles (due to the sheer mess it would make, maybe) and Harrow's Covenant (simply due to the way it works, it's designed to end and give a different buff),

When you're playing the game, taking a moment to pause and buff is natural. However, when you have to take that moment in an inopportune moment, you have to go back into cover and take the time then. It wastes time in a game thats supposed to be pretty fast paced. Beyond that, it also takes up some of your concentration, trying to time your buffs to the last second. 

After that, the abilities that are chosen not to be recastable are done so purely arbitrarily. Take Mirage, for example. Eclipse, even in its current gimped state, it far more powerful than Hall of Mirrors (which appears to be bugged instead of weak by design) but is recastable while HoM is not. If they're going to make design choices, there should be a reason behind it like for Covenant, instead of just casting dice to determine how abilities operate at random.

Yeah, I can actually respect that opinion. It's personally no huge deal to me most of the time, since I've more than gotten used to refreshing Energizing Dash from Zenurik, which is out-of-combat downtime. But some abilities really do suffer for sure.