Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No seriously. This is a must for Mirage.

Trickst3rGawd

I've had a post up since before her Sleight of hand change talking about how garbage the lighting for her in the Plains of Eidolon. It's pretty difficult to be certain in all the other levels a lot of people will say. I don't seem to have to much of a problem with regular levels, but I understand the frustration. I was hoping they would see my post and tie a lighting affect into her Sleight of Hand changes, but I had no luck. Mirage is an amazing frame, but forcing her to depend on a crappy mechanics is just sad. 

My post got a decent amount of attention so I thought maybe when Mirage Prime dropped they would do something to her, but no. They pretty much dropped her Prime and didn't give her any love. It's funny how the past two Primes can get complete overhauls, but what does Mirage get? An animation change and a worthless aggro gem that doesn't even get affected by the mods she has. Well maybe range, but definitely not duration.

It seems like DE dropped Mirage Prime for the holidays not because they thought it would get better sales than Zephyr, but because she had a more complete kit so less work for the holidays IMO. Zephyr needed work and they were busy enough as is so they slapped a new skin on Mirage on said Happy Holidays, while totally disregarding the fact that Mirage is worthless on the Plains. :sadcry: 

Edited by deliciousdoobmaster69

Yeah without the ability to freely switch to ligh/shadow phases like Equinox does Mirage is an unplayable garbage. It doesn't help that her 4 without natural talent also takes an eternity to cast as well. I don't remember when was the last time I played her.

I made a thread and video about this.

Seriously, check it out.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Keeping her both 1 & 3 up keeps her safe imo. She has decent efficiency and duration to do it if you don’t spam 4 

But the way

Is there an animation/visual that lets you know what eclipse buff she’s getting?

If you look at her, you have a visual indication. You're mirage will shine brightly when she is getting a damage buff. When she is getting a defense buff, she will be partially transparent. Also, your buff bar at the top of your will also indicate the percent buff (with defense buff capping at 95%, it's easy to tell which is which).

46 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Ye, and if you take the wrong one it's enough to one shot you because the buff kicks in after the damage is dealt. 

? no???????

as soon as my shields are gone scorn is in place and with it my armor has jumped the heck up so again, i dont have to work for it

7 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I've wondered about Mirage ever since PoE released, and I wonder if some synergies could be possible to consider?

• So Mirage is explained as being a sly conjurer, master of illusion, what if casting Hall of Mirrors could be acting to also refract light from Mirage, giving here a cloak of darkness?
    • So not only do the doppelgangers draw attention, they could also work to have Eclipse begin in the shadows, so to speak, with enemies shooting at them instead of Mirage.
      • The Rakta Dark Dagger has a similar effect, so I've had this idea on the back of my mind for some time.
    • This way when Hall of Mirrors and Eclipse are both active, the default state for Eclipse as being very difficult to track from a distance granting the damage resistance buff.
  • Next, then ambient light sources, Sleight of Hand's Jewel and Prism can function as sources of light that Mirage can use / generate on command.
    • As the default state is having a shroud, she can then choose when to ramp up damage when necessary in casting other abilities, as there are already different sorts of interplay in here abilities.
    • This also grants her a stronger degree of control out in the Plains to use the damage reduction out there and choose when to light it up to rain hell on the enemy, and could help with how she casts Prism in the first place (I mean the animation length and movement halting).

So could something like this be plausible to consider?

That's actually a very interesting idea.. :o

5 hours ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

I've had a post up since before her Sleight of hand change talking about how garbage the lighting for her in the Plains of Eidolon. It's pretty difficult to be certain in all the other levels a lot of people will say. I don't seem to have to much of a problem with regular levels, but I understand the frustration. I was hoping they would see my post and tie a lighting affect into her Sleight of Hand changes, but I had no luck. Mirage is an amazing frame, but forcing her to depend on a crappy mechanics is just sad. 

My post got a decent amount of attention so I thought maybe when Mirage Prime dropped they would do something to her, but no. They pretty much dropped her Prime and didn't give her any love. It's funny how the past two Primes can get complete overhauls, but what does Mirage get? An animation change and a worthless aggro gem that doesn't even get affected by the mods she has. Well maybe range, but definitely not duration.

It seems like DE dropped Mirage Prime for the holidays not because they thought it would get better sales than Zephyr, but because she had a more complete kit so less work for the holidays IMO. Zephyr needed work and they were busy enough as is so they slapped a new skin on Mirage on said Happy Holidays, while totally disregarding the fact that Mirage is worthless on the Plains. :sadcry: 

Yeah it really disappoints me :(

1 minute ago, TKDancer said:

we dont need band aid fixes via augments that limit build-making by adding super necessary mods

I agree with TKDancer, we talked a lot about this on my post I linked above. I thought at first a augment would be nice, but really what we need is just a straight up change. Compared to a lot of frames Mirage doesn't need to lose a mod slot to be on equal ground with her peers, she should just be on the same level as herself.

1 minute ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

I agree with TKDancer, we talked a lot about this on my post I linked above. I thought at first a augment would be nice, but really what we need is just a straight up change. Compared to a lot of frames Mirage doesn't need to lose a mod slot to be on equal ground with her peers, she should just be on the same level as herself.

Well the only chance we might have of getting the changes are getting augments because DE is lazy a times :/

1 minute ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Well the only chance we might have of getting the changes are getting augments because DE is lazy a times :/

Don't get me wrong I would take any change at all if it let her control her light levels. However, if we are trying to let our voices be heard by DE then we need to make it clear that an augment is not the kind of change that we need or want. If DE is listening I don't want them to think that I would be happy with that at all. If they made a augment would I use it, sadly yes, would I be happy about, heck nah bra. I'd be peeved! :angry:

Also nbd, but I'm kinda butt hurt that the community is just now starting to take issue with this subject. I've been yelling about this terrible Mirage travesty since November. We would've had a lot more luck with getting these changes when they were actually messing around with her. Now we'll pretty much have to wait a year or more with DE's track record of warframe fixes. 

23 minutes ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

Also nbd, but I'm kinda butt hurt that the community is just now starting to take issue with this subject. I've been yelling about this terrible Mirage travesty since November. We would've had a lot more luck with getting these changes when they were actually messing around with her. Now we'll pretty much have to wait a year or more with DE's track record of warframe fixes. 

I've been noticed..so have other people. It's just that people shoot down other people and then say "someone else needs changes more then those frame does!!". Either that or the thread just falls off.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

What do you guys think about her always being in Darkness mode and while you channel your 4 or when the 2 pops, you're in light mode for its duration? This way you are in control and use her 2 and 4 more often. Maybe add a few seconds after 4 pops for light mode to linger. Or it fades away over a few seconds. 

You can even keep the ambient light as an effect, though I don't personally think it's necessary. When you're not standing in the proper lighting, buffs only work at 90% effectiveness instead of their normal 100%. This way the spirit of the frame is still there but you also have control of your lighting, at the cost of spending energy on abilities you normally wouldn't take the time to cast in most situations. 

10 minutes ago, MuscleBeach said:

What do you guys think about her always being in Darkness mode and while you channel your 4 or when the 2 pops, you're in light mode for its duration? This way you are in control and use her 2 and 4 more often. Maybe add a few seconds after 4 pops for light mode to linger. Or it fades away over a few seconds. 

You can even keep the ambient light as an effect, though I don't personally think it's necessary. When you're not standing in the proper lighting, buffs only work at 90% effectiveness instead of their normal 100%. This way the spirit of the frame is still there but you also have control of your lighting, at the cost of spending energy on abilities you normally wouldn't take the time to cast in most situations. 

Dude this is a golden idea. I'd prefer this over Eclipse being entirely light dependent. I and many other players would like to have more control with Eclipse. I hope DE or Reb ends up reading your idea.

2 hours ago, TKDancer said:

nooooooooooooooooooo

we dont need band aid fixes via augments that limit build-making by adding super necessary mods

Given that Eclipse works fine as it is and isn't in need of any fixes, this would be adding a new functionality Prism allowing it to invert the values of Eclipse should a player desire to do so at the cost of a slot on the Warframe. Works better than trying to fix something that's not broken.

I would suggest that Mirage keeps whatever buff she gets when she casts the ability for the duration of ability.  She should also have some indicator of what the light level is.  This way you know what buff you will get and can keep whichever you want without having to stand in place but you still have to find/create a location to get the buff you want.

I like the idea of Prism creating a light source to be able to get the light buff.  Maybe Sleight of Hand could get something that creates "shadows" to get the dark buff?

8 minutes ago, djternan said:

I would suggest that Mirage keeps whatever buff she gets when she casts the ability for the duration of ability.  She should also have some indicator of what the light level is.  This way you know what buff you will get and can keep whichever you want without having to stand in place but you still have to find/create a location to get the buff you want.

I like the idea of Prism creating a light source to be able to get the light buff.  Maybe Sleight of Hand could get something that creates "shadows" to get the dark buff?

Yes that's what I'm leaning towards. That way you can do work to get the type of buff you want.