Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After the War Within....????

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Question

I wanted to be ready for personal quarters when 22.8 hits consoles so I completed the War Within quest last night.  As usual nothing is explained.   Before Plains of Eidelon came along are there other quest that give some purpose to having an operator?  What do you do with your operator outside of killing sentients??  

I did not have my operator when PoE dropped but I heard other people talking about stuff sometimes.  I had learned where the Quils were in cetus... So after finishing the war within I rushed over to cetus and met with the quils...  Onnko.... I was given my first newb amp i guess?   I feel like I skipped some steps though...    Was there any quest or hints or clues that told people how to find Onnko in cetus anywhere else in the game??   Or were you suppose to just randomly see the door and walk in..

Onnko's only conversation option was some incoherent garbage about time travel and me/us being important to cetus.   One of his options says to talk to him to find out how to gain standing but that was it....so.....how the heck do you gain standing with the quills??

11 answers to this question

Your operator is used in Eidolon capture / hunting at night in the plains. To level up the quills, you need to collect cores, which drop by killing or capturing the eidolon, but for that you need a decent team and later on, a better amp. And yes the operators are pretty useful after you collect enough focus, and get some nice skills for them. Instant revive, free energy etc etc...

il y a 34 minutes, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN a dit :

I wanted to be ready for personal quarters when 22.8 hits consoles so I completed the War Within quest last night.  As usual nothing is explained.   Before Plains of Eidelon came along are there other quest that give some purpose to having an operator

Nope. Not yet. War Within is technically a big tutorial to "how to farm kuva."

Citation

What do you do with your operator outside of killing sentients?? 

Farming kuva. And show off with cosmetics.

Citation

I did not have my operator when PoE dropped but I heard other people talking about stuff sometimes.  I had learned where the Quils were in cetus... So after finishing the war within I rushed over to cetus and met with the quils...  Onnko.... I was given my first newb amp i guess?   I feel like I skipped some steps though...    Was there any quest or hints or clues that told people how to find Onnko in cetus anywhere else in the game??   Or were you suppose to just randomly see the door and walk in..

That is indeed extreeeemely rushed and silly. All the quill story. This guy, Onhko, or Onnko whatever, who disappeared one day, his wife mourning him for years, and in fact no, the dude is in a cave 20 m from his house, blabbering idiots SF cliches about multiverse and time travel. I know. It's pretty embarassing actually.

Citation

Onnko's only conversation option was some incoherent garbage about time travel and me/us being important to cetus.   One of his options says to talk to him to find out how to gain standing but that was it....so.....how the heck do you gain standing with the quills??

By trading sentients core for standing. All you loot from Teralysts and Vomvalyst when you hunt them, except shards and brillant shards. Only way to upgrade the gun you need to better kill Teralyst is to kill Teralyst.

Edited by Stonehenge

43 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I wanted to be ready for personal quarters when 22.8 hits consoles so I completed the War Within quest last night.  As usual nothing is explained.   Before Plains of Eidelon came along are there other quest that give some purpose to having an operator?  What do you do with your operator outside of killing sentients??  

Nothing.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Stonehenge:

That is indeed extreeeemely rushed and silly. All the quill story. This guy, Onhko, or Onnko whatever, who disappeared one day, his wife mourning him for years, and in fact no, the dude is in a cave 20 m from his house, blabbering idiots SF cliches about multiverse and time travel. I know. It's pretty embarassing actually.

Well i mean that is a 4.wall thing cause you do technicly have a bunch of tenno that all recieve special threatment from a space mum at the same time, that do quite literally nothing but risking theyr lifes on a daily basis for nothing but mods and weapons, that also only make them stronger in a way, fighting thousands of bosses, at thousands of locations, to get to a point where they join multiple cetus, to lead multiple conversations time-delayed until you finish the Gara quest...

They sure aint the first ones to touch that topic but so is the nature of a mmo.

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

so is the nature of a mmo.

No. Unless you want to write lazy and 'wannabe meta' stories.

MMO doesn't necessarly mean crapy and silly stories full of stereotypes. Lots of incredibles quests and stories can be fund,

this one was just rushed because they were in complete burn out imo.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Stonehenge:

No. Unless you want to write lazy and 'wannabe meta' stories.

MMO doesn't necessarly mean crapy and silly stories full of stereotypes. Lots of incredibles quests and stories can be fund,

this one was just rushed because they were in complete burn out imo.

Dude, everyone is still the protagonist in its own story. You don't have to mention it ingame but that is still how it is.

Boi i'd really love to know when easter eggs that touch such subjects have become lazy wannabe meta 🙄

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

Dude, everyone is still the protagonist in its own story. You don't have to mention it ingame but that is still how it is.

Boi i'd really love to know when easter eggs that touch such subjects have become lazy wannabe meta 🙄

I don't get it. Dude. What the fact that 'everyone is still the protagonist in its own story' has anything to do with crap stories ?

Because i can be the protagonist of my own good story or the one of my own crap story.

Oh whatever.

Edited by Stonehenge

vor 1 Minute schrieb Stonehenge:

I don't get it. Dude. What the fact that 'everyone is still the protagonist in its own story' has anything to do with crap stories ?

Because i can be the protagonist of my own good story of the one of my own crap story.

Oh whatever.

That is what boils down to the game working on the concept of the multiverse.

You can only have one player find the gara blueprint, gain access to the quills, meet quill onkko but people still keep rushing in, doing the same thing at different times.

It's a subtile reminder of that fact and not a crap story ya know. Way to take a easter egg waaaay to serious.

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)CoolD2108 a dit :

That is what boils down to the game working on the concept of the multiverse.

You can only have one player find the gara blueprint, gain access to the quills, meet quill onkko but people still keep rushing in, doing the same thing at different times.

It's a subtile reminder of that fact and not a crap story ya know. Way to take a easter egg waaaay to serious.

Except it's not a easter egg, it's a quest. With lore additions. And it's extremely badly written.

EDIT : And calling a **** multiverse addition in a MMO an easter egg just because we are players with our own same stories is just laziness and stupidity by the book. Ya know.

Edited by Stonehenge