Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“You’ve found him.” The Seeker says. “What do you need, lad?”

——

The slim armored figure relaxes slightly and walks forward, letting the Kubrow.

”You’re Meridian right?” The round figure asks. 

“Everyone here is Meridian.” The Valkyr snaps. “What, do you expect him to go ‘no I’m actually a Grineer spy.’?”

"Oh...first off, I'm sorry If I didn't recognized you sir, somewhat new here. Secondly, may I get your permission for something that may or may not turn a facility offline unless I find a replacement for the time being" he asked with a quick salute.

----

"I was never really a true grineer either to be honest. I was deemed a defect, but thanks to a friend of mine, I escaped before I got turned into "goop". I work in the kitchen, but have only done it for one day so far" he said to the two Tenno for no particular reason whatsoever. He though that telling them something about himself could help him in the long run, hopefully.

Edited by WolfmanX9

3 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Oh...first off, I'm sorry If I didn't recognized you sir, somewhat new here. Secondly, may I get your permission for something that may or may not turn a facility offline unless I find a replacement for the time being" he asked with a quick salute.

----

"I was never really a true grineer either to be honest. I was deemed a defect, but thanks to a friend of mine, I escaped before I got turned into "goop". I work in the kitchen, but have only done it for one day so far" he said to the two Tenno for no particular reason whatsoever. He though that telling them something about himself could help him in the long run, hopefully.

“Ian this about the explosion in the range?” He asks. “I take it you want to press charges against the responsible party and install some preventative measures?”

——

“You’re the one that made the cake right?” The slim female asks. “Mjoll and I were just talking about that.”

”It... wasn’t terrible.” Mjoll, The Valkyr, says. “Could have used more.. well actually it was pretty decent.”

”Kal’rok.” The bulky armored man says, extending a hand. “Pleasure to meet you...?”

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Ian this about the explosion in the range?” He asks. “I take it you want to press charges against the responsible party and install some preventative measures?”

——

“You’re the one that made the cake right?” The slim female asks. “Mjoll and I were just talking about that.”

”It... wasn’t terrible.” Mjoll, The Valkyr, says. “Could have used more.. well actually it was pretty decent.”

”Kal’rok.” The bulky armored man says, extending a hand. “Pleasure to meet you...?”

"How did y... nevermind, about that...I'm wondering if I could take the time to recover as someone who shall not be named, damaged my ear drums badly and I need about a week to rest, if that is ok sir. Normally I can handle loud noises, but that "accident" was way louder than expected and of course there was a sign that ironicially reminded me to wear ear protection which didn't help at all"

----

"Krunk, the name is Krunk and yes; I was the one who made the cake. Found that recipe in a very old cook book that I'm carefully preserve for future uses" he said as he gently shake hand with the Tenno named Kal'rok.

12 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"How did y... nevermind, about that...I'm wondering if I could take the time to recover as someone who shall not be named, damaged my ear drums badly and I need about a week to rest, if that is ok sir. Normally I can handle loud noises, but that "accident" was way louder than expected and of course there was a sign that ironicially reminded me to wear ear protection which didn't help at all"

----

"Krunk, the name is Krunk and yes; I was the one who made the cake. Found that recipe in a very old cook book that I'm carefully preserve for future uses" he said as he gently shake hand with the Tenno named Kal'rok.

“That particular individual has done this before. Several times. I’m surprised no one told you. Given that I can authorize recovery time. But you will need to find another task to occupy your time. The weapons lab could use someone with a knowledge of the craft.”

——

Kal’rok shakes your hand, his grip firm but restrained.

”So what brings you here?” He asks. “This floor is rather out of the way.”

56 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“That particular individual has done this before. Several times. I’m surprised no one told you. Given that I can authorize recovery time. But you will need to find another task to occupy your time. The weapons lab could use someone with a knowledge of the craft.”

——

Kal’rok shakes your hand, his grip firm but restrained.

”So what brings you here?” He asks. “This floor is rather out of the way.”

"As long as this task doesn't involve anything explosive, then I can certainly do it sir"

---

"Well...I have never interacted with a Tenno before, so I wanted to see how you were up close. Other then that, I guess my curiosity brought me here" he said as Silver barked to confirm that her master was telling the truth.

"Oh...almost forgot, that is my kubrow named Silver, named for her silver-gray like fur. I adopted her a couple weeks after I escaped from the grineer. Did get a few strange looks, but I understand why though, it would be weird to see a bombard come to an...adoption clinic for homeless kubrow's and kavats"

9 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"As long as this task doesn't involve anything explosive, then I can certainly do it sir"

---

"Well...I have never interacted with a Tenno before, so I wanted to see how you were up close. Other then that, I guess my curiosity brought me here" he said as Silver barked to confirm that her master was telling the truth.

"Oh...almost forgot, that is my kubrow named Silver, named for her silver-gray like fur. I adopted her a couple weeks after I escaped from the grineer. Did get a few strange looks, but I understand why though, it would be weird to see a bombard come to an...adoption clinic for homeless kubrow's and kavats"

The Prosecutors rolls past, still trading blows.

”Any and all explosions would be behind bulletproof glass in a soundproof chamber.” Grukta says. 

——

Kal laughs.

”You are certainly more curious than most.” He says. “Probably something the Grineer considered a defect.”

He moves back and takes a seat.

”Well I have time.” He says. “Go ahead, ask any questions you want.”

Edited by Rakawan

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Prosecutors rolls past, still trading blows.

”Any and all explosions would be behind bulletproof glass in a soundproof chamber.” Grukta says. 

——

Kal laughs.

”You are certainly more curious than most.” He says. “Probably something the Grineer considered a defect.”

He moves back and takes a seat.

”Well I have time.” He says. “Go ahead, ask any questions you want.”

"Good to know. Then I will accept this line of work until I have recover. Just say where to and I will head toward the weapons lab sir"

---

"Um...why do some grineer call you "Mercenaries"? Are you some kind of bounty hunter group?" he asked to start off with.

4 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Good to know. Then I will accept this line of work until I have recover. Just say where to and I will head toward the weapons lab sir"

---

"Um...why do some grineer call you "Mercenaries"? Are you some kind of bounty hunter group?" he asked to start off with.

“Once these two finish I’m headed there myself.” Grukta says. “I’ll show you where it is.”

——

“Unloke Meridian the Tenno aren’t actually a fully united group.” Kal says. “Apart from a few special jobs, most work is done for third parties. They give us the details and the pay, and we deliver the desired result. What kind a Tenno will accept vary based on their own views and their end goals, so we are more picky than most mercenaries, but we still plan our skills out for a price. Even our work with groups we share goals with, Meridian for example, coke with certain rewards. Tenno never do anything for free. At most we simply ask for less payment.”

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Once these two finish I’m headed there myself.” Grukta says. “I’ll show you where it is.”

——

“Unloke Meridian the Tenno aren’t actually a fully united group.” Kal says. “Apart from a few special jobs, most work is done for third parties. They give us the details and the pay, and we deliver the desired result. What kind a Tenno will accept vary based on their own views and their end goals, so we are more picky than most mercenaries, but we still plan our skills out for a price. Even our work with groups we share goals with, Meridian for example, coke with certain rewards. Tenno never do anything for free. At most we simply ask for less payment.”

"Roger that sir" he said and lean toward the wall, watching the two morons fight each other.

---

"I see...I have heard that the Tenno are good at pretty much any kind of weapons, is that true?"

Edited by WolfmanX9

2 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Roger that sir" he said and lean toward the wall, watching the two morons fight each other.

---

"I see...I have heard that the Tenno are good at pretty much any kind of weapons, is that true?"

The Prosecutors clamor to their feet, bothi panting heavily. One extends his hand to the other, who shakes it weakly.

”Looks like you two worked up quite a sweat.” Grukta says. “A night in the the brig should help you cool off.”

——

“It’s somewhat of an exaggeration.” Kal says. “Tenno can easily be confused for eachother by outsiders and we do prefer a vast variety of weapons. So it can appear that we are experts with almost anything. Most Tenno prefer to master and maintain a smaller arsenal, switching to other weapons only when needed. Of course a few truly are masters of all known weapons. Most of those are Elder Tenno, elite soldiers if you will, and do it more out of boredom than out of necessity.”

He laughs.

”Of course we possess enough knowledge to be lethal with just about anything.” He says. “There is a saying. If it can hurt you, Tenno have murdered a small army with it.”

6 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Prosecutors clamor to their feet, bothi panting heavily. One extends his hand to the other, who shakes it weakly.

”Looks like you two worked up quite a sweat.” Grukta says. “A night in the the brig should help you cool off.”

——

“It’s somewhat of an exaggeration.” Kal says. “Tenno can easily be confused for eachother by outsiders and we do prefer a vast variety of weapons. So it can appear that we are experts with almost anything. Most Tenno prefer to master and maintain a smaller arsenal, switching to other weapons only when needed. Of course a few truly are masters of all known weapons. Most of those are Elder Tenno, elite soldiers if you will, and do it more out of boredom than out of necessity.”

He laughs.

”Of course we possess enough knowledge to be lethal with just about anything.” He says. “There is a saying. If it can hurt you, Tenno have murdered a small army with it.”

"How often does this happen sir?" he asked Grukta as he had stopped to lean toward the wall.

----

"I see...ok, last question; I have heard about a place called "plains of Eidolon", what kind of place is that?"

10 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"How often does this happen sir?" he asked Grukta as he had stopped to lean toward the wall.

----

"I see...ok, last question; I have heard about a place called "plains of Eidolon", what kind of place is that?"

“Only a handful of times.” Grukta says. “It will get better as we start deploying troops more often.”

——

“News travels fast.” Kal says. “It’s a small colony on Earth. There are two parts, a small market and the wide open plains. I’ve heard it’s quite breathtaking. Quite dangerous too, at least at night.”

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Only a handful of times.” Grukta says. “It will get better as we start deploying troops more often.”

——

“News travels fast.” Kal says. “It’s a small colony on Earth. There are two parts, a small market and the wide open plains. I’ve heard it’s quite breathtaking. Quite dangerous too, at least at night.”

"I see.. should we head toward the weapons lab then? By the way, why do you want to visit the weapons lab anyway, if it's ok to ask you sir" he asked out of curiosity

----

"I bet my kubrow would love to run around in the plains area" he said with a chuckle. Silver responded with a bark as she thought that a big, open area sounds fun.

46 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"I see.. should we head toward the weapons lab then? By the way, why do you want to visit the weapons lab anyway, if it's ok to ask you sir" he asked out of curiosity

----

"I bet my kubrow would love to run around in the plains area" he said with a chuckle. Silver responded with a bark as she thought that a big, open area sounds fun.

“My Seer broke during the last engagement.” He says. “Normally that would be an armory issue, but R & D wanted to take a look and see if they could improve the scope.”

——

“I heard Command wants to see about establishing a trade arrangement with them.” Kal says. “If your lucky you may be able to get on the team to visit the colony.”

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“My Seer broke during the last engagement.” He says. “Normally that would be an armory issue, but R & D wanted to take a look and see if they could improve the scope.”

——

“I heard Command wants to see about establishing a trade arrangement with them.” Kal says. “If your lucky you may be able to get on the team to visit the colony.”

"Isn't that the experimental weapon that have grineer tech mixed with orokin?" he asked as they walked toward the weapons lab.

----

"Maybe I could offer baking goods or dessert. I mean, who says no to food right?" he said as he thought about it, to visit a friendly group of people that weren't mean grineer or greedy corpus.

38 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Isn't that the experimental weapon that have grineer tech mixed with orokin?" he asked as they walked toward the weapons lab.

----

"Maybe I could offer baking goods or dessert. I mean, who says no to food right?" he said as he thought about it, to visit a friendly group of people that weren't mean grineer or greedy corpus.

“Aye. One of a few weapons the General seems to approve of. Not a big fan of the Orokin, that one.” Grukta says. “Then again rumor has it they didn’t treat his kind too well.”

——

Kal holds up a hands as he answers a hail.

”Cressa.” He says. “I see. No, we would be honored to help. Alright. Can I pick a few individuals to go with us? Excellent. We’ll head out as soon as we can.”

He looks at you.

”We’ll it looks like today is your lucky day.” He says. “Cressa wants us to go talk to the colony about working out a more permanent trade deal. How would you like to tag along?”

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Aye. One of a few weapons the General seems to approve of. Not a big fan of the Orokin, that one.” Grukta says. “Then again rumor has it they didn’t treat his kind too well.”

——

Kal holds up a hands as he answers a hail.

”Cressa.” He says. “I see. No, we would be honored to help. Alright. Can I pick a few individuals to go with us? Excellent. We’ll head out as soon as we can.”

He looks at you.

”We’ll it looks like today is your lucky day.” He says. “Cressa wants us to go talk to the colony about working out a more permanent trade deal. How would you like to tag along?”

"Have a feeling it didn't end well for them. I used to work for General Sargas Ruk before I went "MIA". He was all about honour, but when he wasn't on the field, he was kinda nice when you weren't on his bad side"

---

"W-wait..me?" he said as he was pretty surprised.

"Is it really ok? I mean, I would gladly accept your offer, but...what about my work here?" he said as he wasn't sure what to do at this moment.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:51 PM, WolfmanX9 said:

"Have a feeling it didn't end well for them. I used to work for General Sargas Ruk before I went "MIA". He was all about honour, but when he wasn't on the field, he was kinda nice when you weren't on his bad side"

---

"W-wait..me?" he said as he was pretty surprised.

"Is it really ok? I mean, I would gladly accept your offer, but...what about my work here?" he said as he wasn't sure what to do at this moment.

“They say General Luc was one of Regor’s experiments.” Grukta says. “Apparently his love of his tubemen does not not extend to those he deems... flawed. I suppose that’s why General Darrin and him get along. They both know what it’s like to be mistreated by your creators.”

——

“Should only a take an hour or two.” Kal says. “Kitchens should be fine without you. Plus it would be good to have a chef there so we can make sure we get the right stuff for food.”

59 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco's landing craft flew down to the Meirdan fortress. "This is Wilco, Designation WWH1617, requesting permission to land." He said into his radio, before checking his gear and hoping for the best.

((The Fortress is the Kuva Fortress which Meridian invaded with Help from the Tenno. So it would be more like flying UP to it.))

The Fortress has clearly seen better days. Some of the orbiting sections are barely attached. The Meridian ships patrolling it around it lock weapons on you briefly, while High Command runs your credentials through the record.

”1617 you are cleared to land.” The response says. “Please proceed to hangar one.”

The hangar is in the central area and is towards the top of the Fortress.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

((The Fortress is the Kuva Fortress which Meridian invaded with Help from the Tenno. So it would be more like flying UP to it.))

The Fortress has clearly seen better days. Some of the orbiting sections are barely attached. The Meridian ships patrolling it around it lock weapons on you briefly, while High Command runs your credentials through the record.

”1617 you are cleared to land.” The response says. “Please proceed to hangar one.”

The hangar is in the central area and is towards the top of the Fortress.

(Oh ok)

Wilco looks at it, before flying his craft up to Hanger One and landing in the hanger, making sure it was locked before exiting it.

Just now, WilcotheWolf said:

(Oh ok)

Wilco looks at it, before flying his craft up to Hanger One and landing in the hanger, making sure it was locked before exiting it.

You feel the floor plates vibrate as a massive clone walks by, ten feet tall and clad in thick plates of armor that look strong enough to survive a blast from the Tigris. 

“Ahh Tenno.” A rough voice says. “You must be Wilco. Here to help the cause, yes?”

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

You feel the floor plates vibrate as a massive clone walks by, ten feet tall and clad in thick plates of armor that look strong enough to survive a blast from the Tigris. 

“Ahh Tenno.” A rough voice says. “You must be Wilco. Here to help the cause, yes?”

Wilco gulps, looking up at the clone, before his face becomes straight again. "Yes sir, Operator Wilco at your service." He does a little bow then waits for his next order.

1 minute ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco gulps, looking up at the clone, before his face becomes straight again. "Yes sir, Operator Wilco at your service." He does a little bow then waits for his next order.

“Clem oversees the Contract Board.” The clone says. “Take the elevator to the next floor up. It’s at the end of the hallway. Keep your nose clean while you’re here and there’ll be no trouble.”