The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you want for the Zephyr rework?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

Alot of people want a zephyr rework but i haven't seen many people go into how should the abilities be changed, so here's how i would changed her abilities.

For her 1st would change it where zephyr would "walk on air" when it's toggled zephyr will stay in the air at her current elevation. She can jump to increase her height or crouch to decrease. 

Her second should have a shockwave like moas have that increases in radius the higher you were.

3rd is fine the way it is, maybe add a knock down to to enemies that to sprint into while it's active?

4th i want more direct control where the tornados show up instead of a random enemy location.

What does everyone else want for a zephyr rework?

il y a 14 minutes, (Xbox One)The Neko Otaku a dit :

What does everyone else want for a zephyr rework?

For it to happen ? That would be already great, anything but what we currently have would be better.

Jokes aside, I think 1 and 2 should be completely removed and her 4 should be removed/changed a lot.

Also nobody like mass ragdoll abilities (just like hydroid's 4), DE should understand that.

18 minutes ago, INight00 said:

More ways for her to stay in the air would be great.
Synergy is one way to achieve it... like using her 1 by her 4 and riding a tornado or something.
Or with 3 active you stay in the air for Much longer

why ride the tornado if you can become THE TORNADO  :3

5 minutes ago, XCpDaX said:

why ride the tornado if you can become THE TORNADO  :3

Like Inaros?

...except its Fast moving and agile and can go up and down through the air like AW.

Edit: Why not just a full blown Hurricane.
(just going to slip this here https://forums.warframe.com/topic/845907-warframe-concept-solstice/)

Edited by INight00
White text.

à l’instant, XCpDaX a dit :

i mean more bigger and destructive 

People will still call it lazy ''Oh you just copied an ability and pasted it over to Zephyr''

Also the Tornadoes are good as they are because they give decent crowd controll in an area while still allowing you to move frealy.

• People who complain about enemies being hard to hit...they are being flung around by multiple tornadoes at the same time...what did you expect? No really, just get better at aiming, play some duck hunt or something.
  • As for enemies ending up in hard to reach or spot places, yes that is a problem...that can be fixed by looking through level design...or you bringing an enemy radar (my personal pick is Animal Instinct) and maybe a weapon with decent punch through just in case.

PS: Oh and ''more bigger'' is incorrect, use just ''bigger'' instead.

Just now, AlphaPHENIX said:

Also the Tornadoes are good as they are because they give decent crowd controll in an area while still allowing you to move frealy.

It is a CC ability, not intended for a player to shoot the enemy... but shoot the tornadoes themselves.

A lot of people forget you can proc the tornadoes.
Maybe in the rework they'll make it so the tornadoes can take and deal some of the damage you put into them instead of just the elemental proc.

Passive changed from reduced fall speed to 3x duration of aim glide. Current passive is a *nightmare condition*. Why is it a good thing on Zephyr but a *bad* thing for everyone else? Plus everyone else can aim glide for all the benefits but can choose not to. 

Tailwind maintains momentum at end of the thrust phase instead of canceling it. So it's fly, then glide rather than fly then stop and drop. 

Divebomb deleted and functionality added to Tailwind when colliding with solid objects while in thrust phase. 

Tornadoes, make enemy flinging less crazy, hold them in the funnel instead of throwing?, make Tornadoes push aim gliding Warframes up and reset their aim glide duration. 

Edited by Kinetos

à l’instant, INight00 a dit :

It is a CC ability, not intended for a player to shoot the enemy... but shoot the tornadoes themselves.

A lot of people forget you can proc the tornadoes.
Maybe in the rework they'll make it so the tornadoes can take and deal some of the damage you put into them instead of just the elemental proc.

Approved and I applaude you for renembering that Tornado isn't necessarily meant as a damage ability.

As for the question...

1. Add longer aim glide to the passive.
  2. Tailwind and DiveBomb...they both do damage...it's not exactly their focus...but the damage should still be incrased.
  3. I could just link you thread about my suggestions.
  4. I am gona do what point 3 says.
  5. Here is the link as promised in point 4 
  6. Just ignore what I said in it about Tornado, I wasn't thinking straight with that.

Passive-

Same but synergies a lot with her 3. Increased air time.

NEW ADD ON: Hover - Essentially slowing all air movement speed to almost a stop when aiming mid air.

- Could last 5 seconds and up to 10 when 3 is in use. 

- Can reset timer with any ability or second jump

1) Tailwind

- Hold for increased duration.

- Aim down for Divebomb

- Slash damage

2) Gust 

- Like Inaros 1 but:

- Narrow and longer range

- Deals impact damage

- Increased damage with 3 and when hitting an enemy who's mid air (synergy with 4)

3) Turbulance

- As is but buffs her 1, 2 and passive. Which is -

- Ability cost reduction whilst in air

- Increased air time

4) Tornado

- HOLD 4 to bring tonadoes to diverge at pointer, energy drain.

- Keep CC

I think enemy's being hard to hit due to tornado is a problem shared by many fames. Everytime Ember ignites an enemy they move, making it easy to miss headshots. Inaros does the same, hydroid, titania etc. So I don't mind that. I'd love to be able to hold down 4 and watch them slowly make their way to my curser.

That's my take. I don't think it would be too hard to implement. Most people love and want more synergy. Being able to have more airtime, stay nimble and rain from above. Perfect flying frame for me.

Edited by Lanying

3 minutes ago, Lanying said:

Passive-

Same but synergies a lot with her 3. Increased air time.

NEW ADD ON: Hover - Essentially slowing all air movement speed to almost a stop when aiming mid air.

- Could last 5 seconds and up to 10 when 3 is in use. 

- Can reset timer with any ability or second jump

The idea is:

1) Cast 4 and 3

2) Cast 1 into the air and AIM GLIDE to active passive.

3) Press 2 to deal additional damage to ragdol enemies and increase airtime

OR

3) Press 1 to re position.

Limiteless combos 

The point here is that her kit has synergy with duration. Her main focus is to add synergy. This is mainly done via her 3 to keep her safe, increase air time and reduce ability cost. 

You can then add range mods for 1/2/4 and of course always power mods.

12 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:
  1. Just ignore what I said in it about Tornado, I wasn't thinking straight with that.

1, too much focus on augments for all abilities.
2, Odd, but I like it. Air strike. Hydroids 1st.
3, +
4, You're right...

2 minutes ago, Lanying said:

1) Tailwind

2) Gust 

3) Turbulance

4) Tornado

1, As many suggested, you cant argue with it.
2, Banshees 1st ability?
3, +

Passive, I think we can all agree she needs more air time.
4, Maybe this can have an additional part that has map wide range or simply 'when active', would work with her 3 as well to give her more floating air time and range.
As for the rag-dolls, pulling them in to the center as mentioned could work... but then it will be like vaubans vortex.

Though when you think about it.. a lot of abilities are similar in-game, so who cares.

(just going to slip this here https://forums.warframe.com/topic/845907-warframe-concept-solstice/)

Ok here is something that just popped up. Renember Limbo's rework, specifically the passive part? Ya, personally I didn't like it, but something similiar might work with Zephy.

Extra passive (needs a name): Bullet Jumps are replaced by Tailwind and can now be cast one after another, up to 2 times for free, after which; each consecutive Tailwind (before perfoming an action which resets bullet jumps) costs energy.

I mean at least it isn't ''Combine Tailwind and Divebomb'', right?

Yeh they are similar but it would be her air time synergy + theme that makes her unique. I mean really many frames a similar (mesa a smaller rino?) It's just theme, fvx and synergy that make them similar and makes people happy.

11 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ok here is something that just popped up. Renember Limbo's rework, specifically the passive part? Ya, personally I didn't like it, but something similiar might work with Zephy.

Yes. That might just do it.
1 would be divebomb.
2 Turbulence
3 Tornado
4  But then the question is, what do you substitute the extra ability slot with?

2 minutes ago, TrashSpider said:

to actually fly, why the hell does the butterfly frame get flight, over the original bird frame? 

Here is the obvious answer...

Valkyr has Hysteria that makes her immortal but is stuck to her own weapon.
Wukong has Defy that makes him immortal, but he can use any weapon.

Titania switches to flight, but is stuck to her own weapon.
Zephyr switches to flight, but can use any weapon.

il y a 1 minute, INight00 a dit :

Yes. That might just do it.
1 would be divebomb.
2 Turbulence
3 Tornado
4  But then the question is, what do you substitute the extra ability slot with?

THE ARCHWING STYLE WINGS TITANYA STOLE nah I am just kidding, BUT SHE DID STEAL THEM!

I don't have Zephyr but I think her 1 & 2 should be combined into her 1, and if she aims the recticle to the floor from the air, she dive bombs, instead of it being 2 skills.

her 3 is fine I think

her 4 should spawn 5 tornados that move faster and follow the recticle, but not too much. 

And her 2 should be replaced with something like she jumps into the and hovers there for 5 seconds, she creates a circling whirlwind that halts bullets going in towards her and out going bullets are halted into the whirlwind, the damage collected and then the whirlwind expands, dealing the damage to all enemies in an outward blast. The Whirlwind will do blast damage. If thats too OP than give the damage collection a dmg cap.