Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good early amp combos?

(PSN)LeBlingKing

Question

7 answers to this question

I made a Shwaak/Pencha/Juttni as my first amp, due to recommendations, and it works well without having unlocked any waybound passives yet, to boost my operator.

Primary is a short ranged wide angle shotgun with punch-through, that's good for wiping out groups of vomvalysts, secondary is a long range, charged up beam without punch-through, that's good for taking down teralyst shields, and the brace lets you fire that continually, as it makes your energy fully regen between shots.

Once you've got waybounds to provide better energy regen, you'll probably want to use some tier 3 parts, and use a more crit focused build, like Shwaak/Shraksun/Lohrin, with a Virtuous Fury arcane, that boosts damage when you get the guaranteed status procs from either primary/secondary.

Edited by polarity

A full tier 1 amp is far better than your Mote amp. The primary fire is ok for Vomitlysts or whatever, the secondary charge beam works for Teralysts. Brace boosts energy capacity, iirc. It will also be the cheapest amp to make.

I run a 2/1/2 amp personally. Shotgun/charge beam/boost energy regen. May consider a 2/1/3 or a 2/3/3 later, once I get better operator passives.

T1 amps aren't too bad, a big upgrade over the mote. IMO it doesn't take very long to get to rank 3 and have all of the amps unlocked anyway - although keep in mind you'll need to have unlocked Ostron rank in order to have access to T2/3 crafting resources.

You asked, so I'll try to give a brief explanation on each part. I'll also give a video if my description is not good enough.

T1

Raplak Prism - Basically Void damage Arca Scisco. Haven't actually tried it though, so can't say anything about the fire rate.

Pencha Scaffold - A mini Opticor. I think it's mini, since the beam is kinda smaller. Also, the charge is automatic, you don't need to manually hold it.

Clapkra Brace - It increases your Amp energy (ammo) pool by 20.

Video: https://youtu.be/87xXl5IlYjI?t=2m15s

T2

Shwaak Prism - Void Arca Plasmor. With all of its attributes. Punch-through, guaranteed Impact Proc, limited range.

Shraksun Scaffold - A guaranteed explosive blast at the point of aim. It also gives a guaranteed Impact proc.

Juttni Brace - Reduces the recharge delay for the amp to 1 sec. Quite handy if I say so.

Video: https://youtu.be/u2W52MsILF4?t=4m36s

T3

Granmu Prism - Burst fire grenade launcher. The grenades have Projectile arc similar to Tonkor and Penta, and have a detonation timer as well (although it's quite long lasting that it's only an issue at extreme ranges)

Klebrik Scaffold - Homing continuous beam. It's quite good against the Vomvalyst. But I think it also drain energy as fast as the Mote Amp.

Lohrin Brace - Increases the Amp crit chance and status chance by 12%. Not much else to say

Video: https://youtu.be/OVp5tUBKjvA?t=1m10s

Edited by Gamma745