Can we please havea quest with Stalker?

Vegetranic

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

zAYEexc.jpg

latest?cb=20160414080831

qBopGEI.jpg

TujemYN.jpg

wd0AMLA.jpg

So Umbra Prime and the stalker both have the same rigging and model as regular excalibur, while also sharing a some (not all) dangly bits. My point stands, what does that have to do with the sacrifice exactly? The similarities are there because they all use a basic excalibur model. Literally all DE has done is recycled assets and slightly altered them. How that explicitly relates to the sacrifice lore wise is a stretch.

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

So Umbra Prime and the stalker both have the same rigging and model as regular excalibur, while also sharing a some (not all) dangly bits. My point stands, what does that have to do with the sacrifice exactly? 

Umbra and Umbra Prime are visually no different. That's been confirmed. Your point doesn't stand since The Sacrifice is going to introduce us to Umbra's. Stalker has Excalibur Umbra's body, therefore he is likely to be featured in it.

2 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Literally all DE has done is recycled assets and slightly altered them.

And why exactly did they do that? Did the Stalker need changing? Not really. Unless of course they plan to include him in the Umbra quest.

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

How that explicitly relates to the sacrifice lore wise is a stretch.

Not really. We know very little on the Stalker, so nothing is a stretch. Since the next quest is about the origin of the Warframes and it includes Umbra, it is not ludicrous to assume Stalker will have some part to play in it.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Umbra and Umbra Prime are visually no different. That's been confirmed. Your point doesn't stand since The Sacrifice is going to introduce us to Umbra's. Stalker has Excalibur Umbra's body, therefore he is likely to be featured in it.

And why exactly did they do that? Did the Stalker need changing? Not really. Unless of course they plan to include him in the Umbra quest.

Not really. We know very little on the Stalker, so nothing is a stretch. Since the next quest is about the origin of the Warframes and it includes Umbra, it is not ludicrous to assume Stalker will have some part to play in it.

I wasn't saying the stalker wouldn't have a part to play in it. It just seemed like a weird conclusion to draw on what is a simple case of reused assets. After all, Umbra is still just regular old excal's model with extras bits on it.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

12 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I wasn't saying the stalker wouldn't have a part to play in it. It just seemed like a weird conclusion to draw on what is a simple case of reused assets.

It's not weird if the aforementioned reused assets have been sought after for quite a while and are going to be heavily featured in an upcoming quest about the Warframes. I also don't remember anyone saying the Stalker needed a skin change. The Stalker's (as well as the Warframes in general) mysterious nature/background also doesn't discourage this possibility either. It's a case of putting two and two together.

Next quest will feature Umbra + Stalker has his model = possible Stalker appearance.

DE also haven't really touched the Stalker since TSD. They've introduced Acolytes and that's about it. He is one of the many major characters in the lore.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

15 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I wasn't saying the stalker wouldn't have a part to play in it. It just seemed like a weird conclusion to draw on what is a simple case of reused assets. After all, Umbra is still just regular old excal's model with extras bits on it.

Difference is that Umbra is likely the first Warframe. These assets are being used for a reason. Games like Dark Souls reuse assets quite a lot, but they still mean something different than the original use.

Boiling it down to “Oh it’s just reused assets” is a little silly. People have long speculated that Stalker is a Tenno-less Warframe. Umbra was stated to be a rogue Warframe “untamed by Tenno control”. Coincidence?

2 hours ago, Vegetranic said:

I would love to do a quest with stalker. Like for example.Rotten Salad V manages to capture one of the acolytes with the help of the Infested swarm and his technological genuise and make it into a "Mutalisk Zanukalyth", Stalker takes great issue with this and tries to go and kill it but it actually overpwoers him as it is a combination of acolyte, zanuka, infestation and warframe.

As a last resort, Stalker askes for your assistane to kill this abomenation and will agree to a temporary truce. Kinda like a "The enemy of  my enemy is my friend situation."

The reward for the quest can maby be Stalker's mantal or like one of his items. Im reluctant to say we can play as stalker after that but like, would be nice.

what do you think?

Revelation time!

Specters of the Rail update has messed up the order of events in Alad's story. Time-limited events containing story parts make the situation even worse.

The real order is:

1. Alad as a Corpus boss (with Zanuka).

2. Alad sees infestation as evolution and becomes Mutalist Alad V.

3. Alad realizes his mistake and asks us to help him get the cure. It was a part of Tubemen of Regor Operation (time-limited) where we got to choose whether to help Alad with cure or to help Nef Anyo destroy the cure so Alad stays infested. Alad won.

4. The Second Dream quest where Alad helps us. He is cured, but a glowing scar on his face remained.

5. Hunhow targets Alad for helping us in TSD. Stalker's Acolytes are sent after him and it's time for us to return the favor by protecting Alad from their attacks. This was a part of The Shadow Debt Operation (time-limited).

As you can see, currently Alad is more or less friendly.

Edited by Ksaero

2 hours ago, Xiusa said:

So you haven't done The Second Dream, I assume?

2 hours ago, ALOEDA1 said:

have you ever done the second dream

Every new player sees the story differently because Mutalist Alad goes after The Second Dream (Specters of the Rail messed it up). Also new players don't have access to past events' stories in game.

Edited by Ksaero