Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stale Eidolon Teralyst Meta

Raspberry

Although it was fun to gradually unlock Harrow and Chroma over time, as well as build and improve Focus and amps, in the end, there just isn't another squad that is more efficient than Chroma/Volt/Harrow/Trinity + at least 2x Enemy Radar auras + Vazarin/Zenurik ways + 4x Granmu prisms with Virtuos Strike + 4x Adarza kavats (or a Smeeta or two if we're feeling lucky) with Animal Instinct + 4x Itzal.

There's just so little loadout freedom if we want the best setup. And unlike all other bosses, fighting the Teralyst is extremely time-limited while also dropping the only item in the entire game that allows us to break the daily focus cap, which really demands that we do find a most efficient squad setup.

I hope that when the new Eidolons release, at least some of these issues are fixed so that we don't need to play a singular, stale meta:

• The extreme need to capture the Eidolon quickly, extract to Cetus quickly, and re-enter Plains quickly
  • The extreme need to fight the Eidolon in the first place if we want to bypass the daily focus cap (although I'm fine with a Brilliant Shard still being mandatory for unbinding a way-bound passive)
  • The extreme lack of content in the game that can reliably buff amp damage other than a single Warframe ability (Volt's shield) and kavat crit bonuses; Unairu wisps just take too much time and effort to even give a buff worth using
  • The clutter of enemy attacks (mostly the blue homing orbs) that make us fall back on Trinity's Blessing to bypass the unpredictable damage by simply having a universal 100% heal + temporary damage resist
  • No need or even benefit to have CC or AoE abilities/weapons, especially since the Teralyst's synovia cannot receive explosive damage
  • The Operators serving almost no direct purpose to fighting the Eidolon except directly damaging it

I'm not asking for these issues to be addressed on the Teralyst, necessarily, because of the numerous factors that fall into place. But, I'd like to see some gameplay variety for the new and upcoming Eidolons.

Edited by Raspberri

Yeah, I hate that you always gotta get a Trinity in your team (or directly use a Trin if you wanna go solo) since otherwise lures'll take too much damage. But it seems as a general trend in this game, everything has to be as quick as possible, mostly due to the grinding and eventually tiring nature of the game, so even if they change how eidolon works, a new meta'll surge... yet you're right, cause even when Frost is one of the best for defense (and thus meta) you can bring any other frame and do it right, and regarding Eidolons I've been in squads whose members leave the moment they see a Trin is not in the team.

I don't use Trinity OR Harrow in Eidolon setups anymore, especially since all lures are LV30 these days. I bring Oberon + Unairu. Just ghostbuster the wumbos before they become an issue, turn on renewal, and operator squat when the teralyst's about to do anything since he's got long, delayed animations that make it obvious to predict. Lay hallowed ground before squatting when the energy wave's about to blow by. Way less of a pain in the butt than having to build for a very specific duration on Harrow's 4 just to avoid the mag procs, and way less attention-consuming than having to watch blessing timers and recast energy vampire all the time.

Edited by Ardhanarishvara

Unfortunately, the nature of the "best" anything is that it tends to be a singular, very focused setup--after all, there can only be one "best" anything, by its very definition. And, honestly, I think that's fine, as long as A) the "best (insert role/setup here)" isn't also the best at everything else, and B) other setups or compositions can still get the job done--which, in this case, is definitely possible. (I tend to roll with Oberon and hunt teralysts solo, because I'm a loner like that.) If people are dropping squad or shutting others out for not having the exact best equipment so they can run the exact best composition, then...well, that's just players being narrow-minded. Nothing DE can do will fix that.

That said, it sounded in recent devstreams like they're keeping current teralyst hunting strategies/compositions in mind while they design the new variants. So hopefully it'll shake things up a bit.

I initially hunted with my best sniper and my fav frame (Ash), but it was too expensive (burning 5 to 9 ammo pads and several energy pads per encounter) and slow (I was barely able to hunt a single eidolon per night). So nowadays I just go Chroma to break the limbs quickly.

My main gripe is how slow the Lures are, imo they should be as fast as the Drones we hijack in the plains.

10 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

Unfortunately, the nature of the "best" anything is that it tends to be a singular, very focused setup--after all, there can only be one "best" anything, by its very definition. And, honestly, I think that's fine, as long as A) the "best (insert role/setup here)" isn't also the best at everything else, and B) other setups or compositions can still get the job done--which, in this case, is definitely possible. (I tend to roll with Oberon and hunt teralysts solo, because I'm a loner like that.) If people are dropping squad or shutting others out for not having the exact best equipment so they can run the exact best composition, then...well, that's just players being narrow-minded. Nothing DE can do will fix that.

That said, it sounded in recent devstreams like they're keeping current teralyst hunting strategies/compositions in mind while they design the new variants. So hopefully it'll shake things up a bit.

I'm not exactly asking for significant changes overnight or else it might as well be something new entirely and not a new Eidolon. But there are some fundamental issues that I do want DE to shake up, as you say, to at least give other frames some love. Ironically, I'm seeing far more variety with solo Eidolon hunters than with the full squads. Solo Trinity, solo Volt, solo Oberon, solo Chroma, even solo Rhino, among others.