The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Melee Weapons (Void Sword Suggestion)

Lucario

Okay, So I got to thinking about a while back when the devs mentioned the idea of operator melee weapons. First, Let me point out that as it stands right now, Operators don't do enough damage against enemies for what they are unless you are using a nova or something. If my operator can team with a nova, or if I run one, I can consistently outdamage most warframes if the enemies do not start exceeding level 50. How you ask? I run Zenurik. I have count Doku mode activated with all my lightning abilities. So it goes without saying that void damage weapons need a huge buff in what they do (Or, They need to be given the ability to use mods on operator weapons).

Onto the suggestion, What if we had a sort of beam saber that had a blade comprised of pure void energy? I think that would be amazing to see and use. Maybe even make it consume a bit of your void energy for each hit or have it slowly trickle void energy while active or something. I think that this would be an amazing weapon.

Why am I suggesting operator weapons? I have fun playing as an operator and I feel that giving us more things to do combat wise as an operator will make them feel less helpless.

If you like the idea, feel free to support it. If not, Feel free to suggest your own or even shoot it down. Free discussion is free. Try to give reasons as to why you would shoot it down though so I can build upon feedback for future suggestions.

Edited by Lucario
Various Sentence repairs

5 minutes ago, Lucario said:

Onto the suggestion, What if we had a sort of beam saber that had a blade comprised of pure void energy? I think that would be amazing to see and use. Maybe even make it consume a bit of your void energy for each hit or have it slowly trickle void energy while active or something. I think that this would be an amazing weapon.

You mean like the Protoss hand weapons?  I like the thought.  It would allow me to finishing move enemies as I prefer stealthing than head-on attacked.  

55 minutes ago, Sader said:

My operator is tankier than most warframes and I can keep up with damage until enemies start reach 100+. Madurai > Zenurik for DPS. Blazing Dash way outdamages that electric crap you do, no nova necessary.

I use it primarily for the energy. Most of my frames are energy starved.

1 hour ago, Lucario said:

I use it primarily for the energy. Most of my frames are energy starved.

Then why do you think you are qualified to say what operators need if all you use it for is the same meta crap everyone else does? You say your operator is "helpless" but my operator is far, from helpless. 

Not to mention making Operators more like warframes is the wrong direction. Maybe there should be an operator "melee" weapon, but it should be given to a tree not as a weapon for all the operators. The Operator Naramon tree has a large melee focus, but it has no defining skill. Madurai's void blast was changed into a fireball, so I instead suggest that Naramons' void blast is changed into a energy weapon. That way you can have a more combat focused operator without just making Operators into warframe lite.

43 minutes ago, Sader said:

Then why do you think you are qualified to say what operators need if all you use it for is the same meta crap everyone else does? You say your operator is "helpless" but my operator is far, from helpless. 

Not to mention making Operators more like warframes is the wrong direction. Maybe there should be an operator "melee" weapon, but it should be given to a tree not as a weapon for all the operators. The Operator Naramon tree has a large melee focus, but it has no defining skill. Madurai's void blast was changed into a fireball, so I instead suggest that Naramons' void blast is changed into a energy weapon. That way you can have a more combat focused operator without just making Operators into warframe lite.

Why does anyone need to be qualified to make a suggestion? If we go by that logic, There are people way more qualified than me or you saying the exact same thing I am saying. People who have had contact with the developers on their live streams.

I suppose they could lock weapons behind trees, But whats going to happen when players start getting bored of those trees weapons? Are the developers going to change trees around every single time they have new weapons to add? I'd like them to make all the trees equally useful, But don't let trees overly decide what operator weapons you will use, that would only widen the gap between warframe and operator combat. Ultimately, I suppose you could say I am hoping my operator becomes a Warframe Lite, It makes things more challenging for me. I want mods and new operator weapons. I LOVE fighting as an operator, But I also love fighting as a warframe. My warframes need energy. Zenurik allows me to do both versus Madurai only allowing me to do operator because of an energy shortage.

Oh and I forgot to mention. If I had my way, I would make it so that ALL trees had the ability to regen energy to some lesser extent, with Zenurik being the tree based around it. Energy is just too valuable.

Edited by Lucario

22 minutes ago, Lucario said:

Why does anyone need to be qualified to make a suggestion? If we go by that logic, There are people way more qualified than me or you saying the exact same thing I am saying. People who have had contact with the developers on their live streams.

I suppose they could lock weapons behind trees, But whats going to happen when players start getting bored of those trees weapons? Are the developers going to change trees around every single time they have new weapons to add? I'd like them to make all the trees equally useful, But don't let trees overly decide what operator weapons you will use, that would only widen the gap between warframe and operator combat. Ultimately, I suppose you could say I am hoping my operator becomes a Warframe Lite, It makes things more challenging for me. I want mods and new operator weapons. I LOVE fighting as an operator, But I also love fighting as a warframe. My warframes need energy. Zenurik allows me to do both versus Madurai only allowing me to do operator because of an energy shortage.

Oh and I forgot to mention. If I had my way, I would make it so that ALL trees had the ability to regen energy to some lesser extent, with Zenurik being the tree based around it. Energy is just too valuable.

You can keep your energy, I don't want it. The game has plenty of ways of providing energy without obsessing over one skill in one overrated tree.