Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

aura slot

CyraxMD

Question

Hello everybody,

recently i wanted to clear polarity on Aura slot on my Volt Prime (so he can be more versatile). I used for it what you can see on picture 1. I used forma and after i apply it - what literary hapened was this - my Volt Prime is reset unranked and aura slot is unchanged. :(((

https://ibb.co/ftnKXR

I thought that i screw up with my polarity choice and went try it again on my Frost prime. This time i choosed empty polarity like you can see on picture 2. After i applied it same scenario occurs again! My frost was reset to unranked status but aura polarity slot stay unchanged! :(((

https://ibb.co/fSgeXR

I dont know if i run in to bug in game but this hurts me a lot. I have used 2 formas and 2 frames are reset without any change in aura polarity slot. I have to mention also time investment to rank up both of them :( Another anoying effect is that my Volt Prime forma count went from 3 to 4 but without achieving anything :( (same thing on Frost Prime)

I ended up sending ticket to support.

Is it even possible to clear up aura polarity? I saw this in videos but for some reason i wasnt able to achieve same thing.

9 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, CyraxMD said:

If it looked like that then it's a new bug. But if you clicked a few more times and instead of the white icon you simply had nothing then it's an old bug that's been around since the beginning, it's basically the option to use forma and do nothing with it (I know).

Fingers crossed support will reimburse you the forma at least or maybe set the desired polarity for you. I'd just like to point out that you lose out on capacity if you de-polarize an aura slot (instead of double capacity the aura mod will only add its nominal capacity).

"bug" yeah that is what i was woried about.... anyway depolarizing aura slot is big sacrifice for versatility but iam willing to take it... however maybe you can help me by telling me if keeping aura polarity slot and playing it with different polarity mod is worthy - iam new player i have never tested what is better 6-7 forma frame or red symbol in aura slot which appear when you use different polarity mod... 

Edited by CyraxMD

23 minutes ago, CyraxMD said:

yes

9 minutes ago, CyraxMD said:

"bug" yeah that is what i was woried about.... anyway depolarizing aura slot is big sacrifice for versatility but iam willing to take it...

Then wait for Support to make their move :)

16 minutes ago, CyraxMD said:

"bug" yeah that is what i was woried about.... anyway depolarizing aura slot is big sacrifice for versatility but iam willing to take it... however maybe you can help me by telling me if keeping aura polarity slot and playing it with different polarity mod is worthy - iam new player i have never tested what is better 6-7 forma frame or red symbol in aura slot which appear when you use different polarity mod... 

For Volt I would just go for a "-" Polarity in the Aura Slot and slap something like Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection or Sprint Boost on it.

and for Frost either the same or a "D" Polarity to fit Physice on it.

27 minutes ago, CyraxMD said:

It's rarely worth it. The "red symbol", as you call it, comes with a 2 capacity penalty. So say you got your typical aura mod with a 7 capacity cost, this is what will happen:

• If your aura slot has matching polarity, your frame gains 14 capacity.
  • If you aura slot has non-matching polarity, your frame gains 5 capacity.
  • If your aura slot has no polarity, your frame gains 7 capacity.

It's nearly always better to spend the forma you'd spend on de-polarizing the aura on another slot instead, your overall capacity gain will be higher even when using non-matching aura mods.

34 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

for Frost either the same or a "D" Polarity to fit Physice on it

Please don't use, or advocate use of, Physique.

Ever.

If you don't want to polarize a default D Aura slot, Rejuvenation is an actually useful Aura.

Physique however grants such an insignificant, useless boost, it makes me facepalm everytime I see someone at MR10+ with it.