Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have mining and fishing disabled in Bounty?

Askell91

One thing I've noticed.. Leachers will unconditionally defend leaching, without ever needing to read the thread or any of the post within. Below is an example of the mind of a leacher. He basically spent the rest of the time arguing that his fishing in a T5 bounty was justified and we should relax and stop being children. Guess he's part of those "appreciate the leachers" group.

UMSR7bS.jpg

On 1/17/2018 at 6:01 PM, (PS4)LovesLost13 said:

....I don't think many of you are listening to what the Op is getting at. He is saying that for bounties like from Konzu (Not just random bounties in free roam. Big difference.)

I have gone into Plains from my Ship, and been dropped into a Konzu bounty. Soooooooooooo.

1 minute ago, Ethorin said:

I have gone into Plains from my Ship, and been dropped into a Konzu bounty. Soooooooooooo.

This is exactly the type of people I was mentioning in the post I just made.

This was already mentioned previously in the thread by the OP himself. Pretty sure it's a bug.

We're talking about people who join into a Konzo bounty from Cetus with the expressed intention of leaching bounty rewards while fishing/mining.

9 hours ago, NaoEthelia said:

Here's a solution: Have the gems/fishes share to the team.

This way, we help them do bounties while they help us get gems/fishes. It will be a mutual work.

Im.. realy sorry and i know this will hurt in some way...but this is the dumbest idea I have rad so far... This would just encourage peoples to farm on Konzu Bountys even more...

facedesk-gif-13.gif

Seriously... when i read comments like this i just feel like giving up on solving this...

2 hours ago, Ethorin said:

Thats a bug what I hope they will fix one day. Soooooooo read the post properly. I was talking about Bounty missions joined from Konzu directly.

I've done a lot of bounties with randoms. If someone is goofing off the entire time and it bothers me (usually doesn't) I can just leave squad and complete the bounty on my own; I don't have to abort and start all over and I don't have to always play solo from the start. Isn't this good enough? It doesn't adversely affect anyone else to leave when you aren't the host...

6 hours ago, Askell91 said:

Im.. realy sorry and i know this will hurt in some way...but this is the dumbest idea I have rad so far... This would just encourage peoples to farm on Konzu Bountys even more...

Seriously... when i read comments like this i just feel like giving up on solving this...

Actually, it would not. First of all, farmers get no bonus for farming for themselves. Second of all, the ones doing bounty gets a bonus from the farmer. Third of all, the loots we get from the farmers can be sold for extra standing. Fourth of all, selling other farmers' loot boosts our standing gain even more without being destructive to the farmer's experience.

And the good doesn't stop there: Fifth of all, farm sharing enables passive farming, lessening the grind of farming fishes and gems. Sixth of all, it encourages group fishing/mining since everyone gets a bonus. Seventh and the most important of all, farmers will now contribute something for the team instead of hogging everything for themselves.

Sometimes, the solution is to give, not to take.

Edited by NaoEthelia

1 hour ago, NaoEthelia said:

lessening the grind of farming fishes and gems

I know that you're thinking in a good solution for this dilemma, but I don't think DE would go for something that could cut the grinding in that way, the recruit channel would be full of "H fishing/mining/bounty" or "H FMB" for short. Your idea would be great for us players, but as for DE, not so much.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I can just leave squad and complete the bounty on my own; I don't have to abort and start all over and I don't have to always play solo from the start.

Some people aren't strong enough to complete a bounty by themselves, even solo (talking about the higher bounties), some people join in hoping that someone stronger will carry them and they will try to help as much as they can or at least die as little as possible. That happens to me a lot, encountering those kind of people on pub matches.