Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Class ; War Banners

Chitanda.Eru

Take into consideration that this thought just sprung on me while starring at a Grineer Flag somewhere.

I know we have plenty of Pole arms and Staves in the game already but there's the Kesheg and there's one thing unique about it. It has its own Holster Style called the "Halberd Standard Holster" in which the Blade pointed upwards compared to every other pole arms in the class that uses the Pole Arm standard holster in which the Blade is pointed downwards. Now lets use that Halberd Holster Style and Extend it a bit and put a flag in there. Now I know it sounds like just another long reach weapon but I was thinking, War Banners are usually for raising Morale, So I'll jump right into the Gimmick I had in mind.

Here are sample War Banner Buffs

Lets Say War Banner A is of Tenno Faction.

+4m Affinity range and 8% affinity gain when holstered (self only)

+8m Affinity range and 16% affinity gain for the Squad within 20-30m when wielding the War Banner.

Hold E to perform a charge attack and Slam the Flag planting it into the ground (similar to a slam attack damaging and rag dolling enemies) lasts 120 seconds when planted

+12m Affinity range and 24% affinity gain when entering the 25-40m AoE of the Planted War Banner. If you leave the AoE you get 30-60 seconds of the buff 

War Banner B for the Corpus Faction

+15% Credit gain and 6% 2x pick up chance (self)

+30% Credit gain and 12% 2x pick up chance for the Squad within 20-30m when wielding the War Banner.

+45% Credit gain and 18% 2x pick up chance when entering the 25-40m AoE of the Planted War Banner. If you leave the AoE you get 30-60 seconds of the buff 

(affects Index Rewards)

War Banner C for the Grineer

+50 flat armor bonus (stacks with base armor) and 10% Damage, +20% Enemy Aggro within 20m (self)

+100 flat armor bonus (stacks with base armor) and 20% bonus Damage buff for yourself, +50 flat armor bonus (stacks with base armor) 

and 10% Damage for allies, +30% Enemy Aggro within 35m (self) when holding the War Banner

+150-200 flat armor bonus and 30% bonus Damage for yourself and +100 armor and 20% damage for allies who enter the Planted banner's AoE

+40% Enemy Aggro within 50m (self), additional +15% enemy Aggro with each ally receiving the Buff. 

Yeah I know they can sound too convenient (or annoying) but this is just sample and ideas so relax.

EDIT:

I think it would also be great if they are dual wieldable with a side-arm because you know, Flag Bearer/Commander Stuff.

Edited by Chitanda.Eru