Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen shake

Yperkeimenos

Hi all, the "Enable screen shake" option in the "display" sub menu doesn't appear to be working. Whether i have it turned on or off doesn't seem to affect screen shaking, which seems to be on all the time. It gets really bad especially when i zoom in as it causes severe eyestrain. It's not the recoil i'm referring to by the way, since i know the difference between the two.

Ok i have an update,after testing i realized that equipping steady hands on my akstilleto reduced screen shaking  drastically, which implies that it was caused by recoil. So it seems that recoil doesn't only cause the muzzle to lift up when firing but also affects screen shaking. However ,if that's the case, i don't understand what's the "Enable screen shake" option is supposed to do. It makes no difference if it's on or off and there is no visual change.

Weapon Stability and Screen Shaking are two different things. Screen shaking, in most applications, would be if there's, say, an explosion. Should your screen shake from it? (On/Off)

Weapon Stability would be holding a heavy rifle, per se, and your arms aren't perfectly still, so there's weapon sway.

Recoil is another thing. When shooting, how much the gun should "bounce", is determined by the Recoil value. The gun can, and will, Recoil "bounce" up, left, and/or right each time you fire a bullet.

18 hours ago, AJman14 said:

Weapon Stability and Screen Shaking are two different things. Screen shaking, in most applications, would be if there's, say, an explosion. Should your screen shake from it? (On/Off)

Weapon Stability would be holding a heavy rifle, per se, and your arms aren't perfectly still, so there's weapon sway.

Recoil is another thing. When shooting, how much the gun should "bounce", is determined by the Recoil value. The gun can, and will, Recoil "bounce" up, left, and/or right each time you fire a bullet.

if that's the case then why the steady hands mod reads -15% recoil? After equipping it i realized that it increases weapon stability and reduces the screen shaking ,due to weapon firing, as well. So either the description is wrong or weapon stability/screen shaking is part of the recoil mechanism.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

20 hours ago, Yperkeimenos said:

if that's the case then why the steady hands mod reads -15% recoil? After equipping it i realized that it increases weapon stability and reduces the screen shaking ,due to weapon firing, as well. So either the description is wrong or weapon stability/screen shaking is part of the recoil mechanism.

Yes, when shooting, the recoil will make your gun move. This will also make your screen "shake", as each bullet will make the weapon "bounce" in a random direction. Your view follows where the gun is aimed, and since the aim is changing rapidly, your view/screen will "shake". The Akstilleto shoots very rapidly, so it would naturally be more obvious.

Again, the "Screen Shake" option is for explosions and that sort of thing, at least in most games. It would also be used when you're near a launching rocket, or for driving over rough terrain in other games.