Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Tougher Moderation In The Feedback Forums.

Xylia

Seriously.

You can't make a suggestion these days without some stupid freaking idiot coming in saying "Deal with it".

We need to start nuking these posts dead and banning the stupid trolls who make them.

THIS IS A FEEDBACK FORUM AND IF YOU GUYS DON'T FREAKING LIKE IT THEN YOU GUYS DON'T NEED TO BE READING OR POSTING IN THEM.

It is as simple as that.

Don't like a suggestion? Don't troll the damn thread or post non-constructive things like "deal with it", especially if said suggestion doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

When I first started posting here, this community used to be decent.

But lately, it has been getting more and more toxic and we need to start showing these "people" that it will NOT be tolerated here.

Time for the moderators to step up and send a message that Feedback is Feedback and if people don't like Feedback then they shouldn't even be here and they need to get the hell out.

And if the trolls don't like it?

They will have to DEAL WITH IT.

I do agree there are far too many non-constructive posts where the sole point is to derail a thread or start a flame war. This is especially problematic where there are some very good ideas or suggestions, then a well-placed troll reply can just sink it.

There are only so many forum moderators. I personally think if we had, say, 2 or 3 more, we could get more done. In addition to this, forum-goers need to step up as well, and report anything that isn't feedback and is meant to troll or insult or start a flame war. Both sides need to step up here.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I do agree there are far too many non-constructive posts where the sole point is to derail a thread or start a flame war. This is especially problematic where there are some very good ideas or suggestions, then a well-placed troll reply can just sink it.

There are only so many forum moderators. I personally think if we had, say, 2 or 3 more, we could get more done. In addition to this, forum-goers need to step up as well, and report anything that isn't feedback and is meant to troll or insult or start a flame war. Both sides need to step up here.

I'm tired of being nice to these damn trolls. I'm going to start telling people where they can stuff their crap to be honest.

I'm tired of being nice to these damn trolls. I'm going to start telling people where they can stuff their crap to be honest.

I agree it can get incredibly infuriating at times, but arguing back at a troll is just a bad idea. Don't feed the trolls. Don't be nice to them, they don't deserve it. However, being calm and thinking through your retorts can easily make a troll look like an idiot that everyone will turn against.

Now, now there's no need to be mean. Getting angry is just getting counterproductive. The best way to handle trolls is...

must... resist...

DEAL W-oops!

But yeah, in general, I agree with the whole non-constructive posts thing. This sort of issue tends to sprout up whenever you have a rapidly growing online community it seems. 

I agree it can get incredibly infuriating at times, but arguing back at a troll is just a bad idea. Don't feed the trolls. Don't be nice to them, they don't deserve it. However, being calm and thinking through your retorts can easily make a troll look like an idiot that everyone will turn against.

There's plenty of trolls, I really agree that those trolls need to get moderated and get warning points because of their behavior.

There's plenty of trolls, I really agree that those trolls need to get moderated and get warning points because of their behavior.

Agreed. It's a problem that has destroyed many a game and many a community, and I for one simply won't tolerate them tearing down my precious Warframe. All in all, We need more moderators, tougher all-around moderation, and more players that are more willing to step up and report, call out, and resist trolls and hateful people.

A "deal with it" answer is a honest answer.

If you check the background of it, it purely means that the person is ok with the "problem" itself, and does not feel that it needs a change.

And maybe they just don't care to give a decent proper reply like "in my humble opinion i disagree with you OP, i do believe the "bla bla bla" is good like it is", and they just go straight to the final answer "deal with it".

If people would get banned for that, it would be senseless.

Edited by Endrance

While non-constructive criticism kinda sucks, maybe that person's opinion is that the feature being discussed is perfect as it is and you should just deal with it, as any changes would ruin it for them.

Though that's probably overthinking and the person's just an arsehole.

What I'm really tired of, however is this stance on the internet for the past five years or so (in my experience):

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

And it's variants, like in this thread:

"

THIS IS A FEEDBACK FORUM AND IF YOU GUYS DON'T FREAKING LIKE IT THEN YOU GUYS DON'T NEED TO BE READING OR POSTING IN THEM.

It is as simple as that.

Don't like a suggestion? Don't troll the damn thread or post non-constructive things like "deal with it", especially if said suggestion doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

"

I can read your feedback thread and completely disagree and not like your idea and I have every right to tell you exactly that, just as you had the right to make the thread exposing YOUR opinion.

I agree with Endrance that 'deal with it' should be tolerated.

However, I also agree with Snake that the community members themselves should step up, and I think that the mods are doing alright at what they do.

A certain Tenno who posted irrelevant bragging posts on an otherwise constructive thread with good feedback stopped posting for a while after he got reported, which probably means he got warning points. Xylia and I know who this is, but we will not name and shame.

One or two extra moderators wouldn't hurt the forums, but there are ways of speaking that some consider it offensive or rather unsatisfactory for the thread objective, but that doesn't really mean it is completely off topic or inappropriate.

That's the only reason why i believe that a straight answer like "deal with it" should be allowed and respected, even though it's not entirely pleasant to the eye to see that kind of answer, specially when making a decently detailed thread.

But let's be honest, no one things the same way as another, everyone has a different point of view. Moderate the forums for flooders, spammer and abusers. Not for those who just give their opinion straight forward.

Edited by Endrance

Quick! Pm Ced23Ric! I also totally agree on what you have been saying. Trolls and elitists are beginning to plague this forums as Warframe expands. Even though it is an inevitable process, tougher moderation is a way to slow it down.

Ced is a troll himself :/

One or two extra moderators wouldn't hurt the forums, but there are ways of speaking that some consider it offensive or rather unsatisfactory for the thread objective, but that doesn't really mean it is completely off topic or inappropriate.

That's the only reason why i believe that a straight answer like "deal with it" should be allowed and respected, even though it's not entirely pleasant to the eye to see that kind of answer, specially when making a decently detailed thread.

But let's be honest, no one things the same way as another, everyone has a different point of view. Moderate the forums for flooders, spammer and abusers. Not for those who just give their opinion straight forward.

Yeah. I'd much rather have a "Deal with it" reply than a reply that is clearly meant to troll, cause stress, hurt someone, or just start an argument for flame war. Although "Deal with it" isn't necessarily the prettiest thing to see, it is something I much prefer to the far more hostile alternatives I detailed.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I agree with Endrance that 'deal with it' should be tolerated.

However, I also agree with Snake that the community members themselves should step up, and I think that the mods are doing alright at what they do.

A certain Tenno who posted irrelevant bragging posts on an otherwise constructive thread with good feedback stopped posting for a while after he got reported, which probably means he got warning points. Xylia and I know who this is, but we will not name and shame.

Come to think of it(Argh enough with colored text),

What Endrance had said in his defence of the "Deal with it" dismissal of certain threads, it is valid. He got a point there, too. However, I see it as potential flame bait, especially with the OP of that particular thread, and the result would be a derailing flame war that simply never ends. I do not feel that the moderation of this forums is lackluster or anything, but I know that the moderators are fair and just. They know what they are doing, and we have no right to tell them what to do. Apparently, I believe that the whole community should work hand in hand to remedy this problem.

Come to think of it(Argh enough with colored text),

What Endrance had said in his defence of the "Deal with it" dismissal of certain threads, it is valid. He got a point there, too. However, I see it as potential flame bait, especially with the OP of that particular thread, and the result would be a derailing flame war that simply never ends. I do not feel that the moderation of this forums is lackluster or anything, but I know that the moderators are fair and just. They know what they are doing, and we have no right to tell them what to do. Apparently, I believe that the whole community should work hand in hand to remedy this problem.

Once again, agreed. Moderators aren't our keepers. We can't let them do everything... it's simply impossible with so many threads and so many forum users. The community needs to help alleviate the problem as well.

True. I...... I have..... Nothing else to say.

Wait, I do have something to say. Warframe has expanded a lot since the period of closed beta. The community was much more decent back then. As Warframe gets onto the expressway to full launch, the community has expanded greatly, and we will see more and more Tenno of different viewpoints and perspectives on how they express their opinions. At the same time, there will be people who are simply trolls that post spam and extremely "flowery" language. It is quite difficult to differentiate those who are simply straightforward with their opinions or those who are just trolling. This is why we should work closely with the moderators to combat this problem. This also explains why there is a "report" button. We cannot have the moderators do all the work for us, because in a way, we are responsible for this too.

I've made plenty of threads and post already having alot of "deal with it" answer. As long as i don't feel i'm being directly attacked/offended i see them as a direct answer with no holding argument to stand their ground, yet, a simple answer that shows that person is against my opinion.

Not nice to see, but easy to deal with it (lol), since we're all humans and not some kind of irrational animals.