Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Review: Pleasantly Surprised

-RS-Covenant

For your energy problems i'd suggest you try to get a Rage mod which iirc drops from containers in the Void...? That one converts health damage to energy. It can fuel your Renewal. 

Your build is fine, the base is solid. You're on the right track. Keep experimenting around him and figure if you want to change stuff. Check the wimi for extra info because Oberon's powers do a LOT of different things xD

1 hour ago, Hyperdrome said:

Slots not a problem, did I mention I have Frost, Rhino, Excalibur, Loki, Oberon, Atlas, Vauban, and Vauban Prime?  I just noticed something...there's no ladies on that list.  Im thinking Gara since I already have her weapons modded up.

Ah heck, man, you've missed out on some of the best frames out there!

Banshee, if you ignore the people that only use Soundquake on small maps, is amazing for damage boosting, stealth attacks and CC, I use her for farming with a long range melee weapon and her mod Savage Silence, because her Silence ability causes enemies to stagger as you come into range, catch them while they're staggering and you get the 8x damage modifier on them, and if they're alone you can do a Finisher for 300% finisher damage.

Gara is good for self buff and ally protection, her Mass Vitrify is not as bad as people say (it's just worse than it was), and there's a secret self buff you can use if you know the trick.

Ivara is fantastic for those patient stealth runs, but her Artemis Bow is probably the most damaging Exalted ability in game per shot and for the energy cost, while things like her Quiver ability is more multi-functional than Vauban's Minelayer, and more applicable to a stealth frame.

Mesa is amazing. Self buffs, short term CC, and Peacemaker will blow away pretty much anything you care to name.

Mirage too, although you'll probably be a bit frustrated by her 3, which has two different effects that are active dependent on the light values where you're standing, except both sides of it are amazing anyway... Her 1, 2 and 4 are consistently brilliant.

Nova is the epitome of a glass cannon type, she has the ability to pump out 100,000 damage per second into an area of effect (short radius, but still) if you can get the hang of Anti-Matter Drop, while her 4 is a flat damage buff and can be tuned to make enemies faster or slower depending on your preference. Warp is also the only movement skill that is faster than a fully Unbound Operator.

Octavia is flat out amazing, although equally difficult to get in some places, with all you need to get some impressive results out of her being to get her to rank 30.

Saryn is a complex frame to build, but has some amazing combo powers and I love the way her kit works together, the more difficult the enemies are the more effective her kit is.

Titania I mentioned already, but the little bug can do amazing damage while evading a lot of trouble, plus her CC is pretty fantastic.

Valkyr is another amazing one, her kit all works towards that one simple fact that she can be an unkillable berserker.

And then there's my particular favourite; Zephyr. She's about to get a rework, you might want to grab her from the Dojo and build her in case it takes a C- rank frame up to an A. Even until then, getting used to her low-gravity movement, high mobility and the odd ability to turn off all ranged damage, while still being vulnerable to melee and AoE (no other frame completely negates a type of damage like that, it's uncanny, everyone else has things like 'over armour' or 'damage reduction' but not Zephyr, just turn off all hitscan and projectiles...) and her Tailwind is quite a bit of fun. Not to mention her Jet Stream augment makes her the only frame that can make a projectile weapon into a hitscan (it increases projectile flight speed, so weapons like bows or kunai will need virtually no leading of targets even at quite a long range if you build right).

Oh, and let's not forget Khora is also coming out in the next couple of weeks.

There's such a huge variety out there, no frame is ever really alike.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

For your energy problems i'd suggest you try to get a Rage mod which iirc drops from containers in the Void...? That one converts health damage to energy. It can fuel your Renewal. 

Your build is fine, the base is solid. You're on the right track. Keep experimenting around him and figure if you want to change stuff. Check the wimi for extra info because Oberon's powers do a LOT of different things xD

I have Rage mod.  I just cant sacrifice speed, at least not for my type of Game play.  Where would you suggest I put it?

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

Gara is good for self buff and ally protection, her Mass Vitrify is not as bad as people say (it's just worse than it was), and there's a secret self buff you can use if you know the trick.

What is "Self Buff"?  I like her(Gara) weaponry, glass Hammer and Glass shotgun slugs how can you go wrong.  Would Banshee be better, at least from what you know about my Warframe experience so far?  I can make her in Dojo, heck I should just make all the ones in Dojo(minus volt.)  I just dropped over a million in credits on Baro.  Ive been selling the Mods to people who are low on credits.  Its a hussle but I am making a lot of Plat off Baro right now because of the high credit cost.

5 hours ago, Hyperdrome said:

What is "Self Buff"?

I assume he means stacking her 2. If you use her ultimate before her second ability ends it refreshes the duration of her second ability while also increasing the damage.

It's not a "secret" self buff unless vets are A******s and decide to not let new players know about it. Which in that case they are actively working against the community when info should be shared across the community because DE sure as hell ain't sharing.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

Il y a 3 heures, Hyperdrome a dit :

I have Rage mod.  I just cant sacrifice speed, at least not for my type of Game play.  Where would you suggest I put it?

Well i'd suggest either swap out Flow since you generally won't need as much energy, or put Rush into the Exilus in place of power drift and use that freed up sot for rage. 

17 hours ago, Hyperdrome said:

What is "Self Buff"?

I meant that her 2 reduces her damage taken by up to 90%, which is always a good self buff. You can also refresh its duration when you cast Mass Vitrify, and cast the ability on others to do the same.

There's also a hidden mechanic where if you smash your own Mass Vitrify using Shattered Lash you can add the damage from it bursting into your Splinter Storm damage, if you keep this going for a while, extending the duration by recasting Mass Vitrify, then shattering the wall to gain damage into Splinter Storm, you can actually build massive damage into that cloud. I've been able to kill level 150 enemies by walking past them with a well-farmed Splinter Storm.

Well he has 6 polarization's now, three forma.  I also upgraded to a quad-core computer running max settings without a flicker.  Dont really need Rush mod.  Just trying to set him up for the occasion defense survival.  I learned how to get into derelict faults.  What should I do with this thing?  Ive noticed some players dont care to much for Obi-Ron, is there a reason for this?

3 hours ago, Thaylien said:
5 hours ago, Hyperdrome said:

Ive noticed some players dont care to much for Obi-Ron, is there a reason for this?

Only because he used to be bad and opinions linger, especially when the changes made weren't the ones that some particular people wanted to happen. Don't pay them any mind.

I think it's also because of Obi's "jack of all trade" nature, since he's a great frame for solo with his balanced abilities but when it comes to squad recruiting there ain't many missions where Obi can outshine other "more efficient" frames since the game is very grindy and ppl always look for the best farming setup, so you rarely see anyone looking for a Oberon in recruiting channel.

Edited by Doomsknight

Out of the 8 or so Frames I have including 2 Primes, hes the only one with a non-stop healing buff "Renew#3"  + "Rage".  Has a radiation Proc on Augment for #2, a wave show stopper with #4(hold that button down.)  I have been on a few farming runs with him such as Hydron and Void Survival, Ive been getting great feed back from the other players.  Like I said in the beginning, if you plan your moves right he works.  If your not paying attention, hes gonna burn with the rest of your squad.  Hes not a Prime, I'm working getting the Prime.  The Prime has a some nice upgrades from the regular Obi-Ron.  Ive been gifted all the essentials, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, all the Drifting Eximus, you name it I have it(excluding Rivens.)

On 2/3/2018 at 7:23 PM, Doomsknight said:

I think it's also because of Obi's "jack of all trade" nature, since he's a great frame for solo with his balanced abilities but when it comes to squad recruiting there ain't many missions where Obi can outshine other "more efficient" frames since the game is very grindy and ppl always look for the best farming setup, so you rarely see anyone looking for a Oberon in recruiting channel.

This. Although that doesn’t mean Oberon can’t handle endgame content or doesn’t have a place with a squad. I’ve made many people very happy bringing Oberon in a Pub Hydron Lol. They won’t ever have to worry about dying.

That being said, he also lets other frames make use of Rage. Which means he can do something that Trinity can’t. Provide energy to Frames that are using channeled abilities.

All in all I like where Oberon is at. Since his rework he’s pretty much all I play. And my friend group praise me for playing him. He’s a wonderful safety blanket. The only issue I think he has is that, with all the builds I’ve tried, all but one have issues with with endgame content. Level 70-150.

But that’s the curse of a Redmage. Good at most things, but not amazing at anything. And I think that’s exactly why Oberon gets so much hate. 

It’s a mixture of him being botttom tier for so long and the elitist crowd can’t stand the thought of having a JOAT in their group.

Edited by (XB1)Ivan of Jupiter