Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties - Rewards - Rare Set Mods

Zeratul81

Hi,

I have tried to start finishing the stuff I need to do in Plains of Eidolon so I can concentrate on doing other stuff in Warframe (and also to already prepare for what the next openworld zone might bring)

I find it very difficult to get the set mods (Rare) from the bounties. I have gone through the bounties Tier by Tier trying to get the items I require. (First being Gara parts)

Now I am missing around 5 rare mods and 1 uncommon mod, not to mention the Focus lens items and Furax Wraith

My problem seems to be that I simply can not get any Rare mod to drop. Now, I realize RNG is RNG but I feel that this is going to be a bigger problem than it needs to be. I started keeping track of each bounty and reward I get so I can get some statistics on how long this will take for me to complete. At this point I have 24 T3 bounties done (probably the same amount of undocumented ones) and have yet to receive a single Rare Set Mod. Granted there is supposedly only 2% chance of the drop and this brings me to the problem.

I think the drop chance of these Rare Mods should be (at least slightly) increased. Considering I need 3 different Rare Set Mods from T3 bounties alone I can see myself doing these missions until I loose my sanity. Doing this change should be easier at least compared to any other possible changes. I already like the fact that bounties were changed so that you can get a reward for each stage but I still think the amount of work getting these Rare Set Mods is a bit much considering many of them still are not able to compete with older mods. The main problem for me is also the flow of the bounty missions. I am totally fine doing bounties that dont take a long time to do but when you get 2 of the longer duration ones in a row (Vault/Camp) and sit around 2-3min it really makes it boring.

I will most likely continue to do these bounties and keep track of the rewards (perhaps post the stats in this thread later if I get lucky) but I would hope that DE takes a look at this and slightly adjusts the Rare Set Mod drop chances.

I have farmed countless things in this game but this really is the first time I am really frustrated at farming something. I think it simply is the fact that each bounty has me farming phases that give me something that I am not after only to finish the last phase to get a reward equal to first phase of the bounty.

EDIT:

Tier3 Bounty Progress so far

9hCqpJi.png

Edited by Zeratul81

[DE]: "after all the improvements to bounties and reward system these people still want more? smh..."

P.s. I feel you mate... You either have life or set mods... xD i am missing rare ones too but i am just lazy to do those bounties anymore

Edited by Igni

On 25. 1. 2018 at 9:13 PM, Zeratul81 said:

Whoa,

First Rare Set Mod from Tier 3 Bounties -> Gladiator Vice 42 runs :clem:

And I feel you farming brother. RNG is poor at delivering loot you want.

There has to be a better way. But as is, this is the state of play.

I have a bad habit of farming everything I need myself :)

I have only bought vaulted prime parts and boosters with plat so far and some cosmetic items.

I will continue the farm and will update the original post with the statistics of the runs just so that people can at least get one exact example of  how long it might take to farm these items and then decide if its worth their time.

After the runs I have recorded so far I got to say that it does have some nice byproducts (if thats the correct word). I have gotten relics, I have gotten plenty of Cetus Wisps (using Booster atm so get 2) and I have mined a lot between the bounty phases. Think I am at 60 of each Eidolon gem (and another 60 crafted). From what I read in the patch notes they buffed the "drop rates" of Eidolon Gems so might only get better.

I think the biggest problem with the Bounty Reward system, and what keeps us from receiving the rewards we so desperately crave, is the fact that rewards you receive from completing Stage 1 are factored back into the reward pool for successive stages. I personally feel that the Stage 1 reward should be removed from the pool, and same for Stage 2 reward. So that when you complete Stage 3 you will actually have a better chance of receiving that rare mod you've been grinding for (or in my case, that elusive Gara Systems blueprint). I've personally received the same uncommon mod 3 stages in a row on several bounty runs, and it's extremely frustrating. This needs to be addressed in a future hot-fix.