The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Man in the wall..challenged me

GrimDelta

everytime i see him he just creep out of me... for 100 times... still counting... i wish i can use guns or melee weapon enable in this ship to see what happen if i hit man in  the wall

I still would like to understand what is this whole thing all about. I mean, just why does a doppleganguer of our operator keeps appearing in our ship at random times? Maybe we might get our answer later when DE decides to release a quest or something. Who knows?

29 minutes ago, JackMcRain said:

I still would like to understand what is this whole thing all about. I mean, just why does a doppleganguer of our operator keeps appearing in our ship at random times? Maybe we might get our answer later when DE decides to release a quest or something. Who knows?

good question, i hope there's answer if he anything related to it ( i hope since i just want him not appear ever again forever)

1 hour ago, JackMcRain said:

30 minutes ago, Vs-Anna- said:

good question, i hope there's answer if he anything related to it ( i hope since i just want him not appear ever again forever)

29 minutes ago, JackMcRain said:

Me too.

It was in the Chains of Harrow:

The Man In The Wall (AKA Wally), was held at bay by Rell, however, as we became stronger, so did its presence over the material world.

It came to the point Rell couldnt keep it out and it took him over, the entity we fight in CoH is Wally, and since Rell actually died after the Quest ended, we will now be the ones holding him back as Rell did, except there are many of us instead of just one person (Rell) doing it.

Wally appears in front of us in our Orbiters just as he did to Rell.

Before you ask "What is Wally?", Paladino described him as a being "indiferent" and "Old as stars".

In TWW, Teshin said that we (The Tenno) "exist in the rift between two worlds: The World we know, of blood and steel. And the World that watches and dreams, the Void" and at the end of TWW we get it talking to us, depending on your choice, it says you "Owe it", you "are nothing without it", or "what took you so long?" (To accept it).

So, yeah. Its a Genius Loci. So: dont litter the place. It might throw it back.

He will be related to the morality system DE wants to add, no idea what it is atm, we can only wait... again.

20 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

It was in the Chains of Harrow:

The Man In The Wall (AKA Wally), was held at bay by Rell, however, as we became stronger, so did its presence over the material world.

It came to the point Rell couldnt keep it out and it took him over, the entity we fight in CoH is Wally, and since Rell actually died after the Quest ended, we will now be the ones holding him back as Rell did, except there are many of us instead of just one person (Rell) doing it.

Wally appears in front of us in our Orbiters just as he did to Rell.

Before you ask "What is Wally?", Paladino described him as a being "indiferent" and "Old as stars".

In TWW, Teshin said that we (The Tenno) "exist in the rift between two worlds: The World we know, of blood and steel. And the World that watches and dreams, the Void" and at the end of TWW we get it talking to us, depending on your choice, it says you "Owe it", you "are nothing without it", or "what took you so long?" (To accept it).

So, yeah. Its a Genius Loci. So: dont litter the place. It might throw it back.

He will be related to the morality system DE wants to add, no idea what it is atm, we can only wait... again.

Well... that explains it, I suppose.

He's still creepy as heck. He shows up only when I least expect it. I only wish that I could invite a friend to my Orbiter when he's there so we could see what happens... would we both see him? Would we both see our version? It could actually answer some lore questions about him. Would certainly be interesting...

On 1/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, Vs-Anna- said:

i wish i can use guns or melee weapon enable in this ship to see what happen if i hit man in  the wall

There used to be a bug where you could use hotkeys to enable your synthesis scanner on the ship, which in turn would allow melee weapons. Check if that still works