The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This needs to stop [Limbo]

Rabbid-

12 hours ago, Rabbid- said:

I woke up every morning to see what new challenges DE gave me for sortie, but then there's mobile defense, I went into the game only to be standing idle for a few minutes, and then move to the next location, rinse and repeat. Now, I could just solo'd the mission, yea I could but I cant manage to solo every single one of the mission you know. So please, I beg Limbo players to be more considerate with how big the bubble can be . #MakeWarframeGreatAgain

Just go outside the bubble, or use melee+abilities instead of guns. It's not that hard.

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

You've obviously never been on a sniper only sortie with a max range Limbo.

Obviously haven't done raids before.
Point is to do objectives, who cares who you are trying to kill if they're FROZEN

Edited by _Ruby_Rose_

Why would you NOT want Limbo on your team in mobile defence? My Limbo is not formaed since I never played him, but I love when a Limbo player shows up in a MB sortie. 

This may come as a shock to some people, but Mobile Defence is about moving from location to location and keeping objectives safe. Its not about killing enemies. Killing enemies is what exterminate missions are about. Different tools for different jobs. Limbo sucks in exterminate but is amazing in Mobile Defense.

When I play a Mobile Defense with someone who spends more time rushing far away to kill as many enemies as possible, I always intentionally let enemies destroy the objective. And when the player is like WTF happened? I can be like, well, where were you?

9 hours ago, rune_me said:

Why would you NOT want Limbo on your team in mobile defence? My Limbo is not formaed since I never played him, but I love when a Limbo player shows up in a MB sortie. 

This may come as a shock to some people, but Mobile Defence is about moving from location to location and keeping objectives safe. Its not about killing enemies. Killing enemies is what exterminate missions are about. Different tools for different jobs. Limbo sucks in exterminate but is amazing in Mobile Defense.

When I play a Mobile Defense with someone who spends more time rushing far away to kill as many enemies as possible, I always intentionally let enemies destroy the objective. And when the player is like WTF happened? I can be like, well, where were you?

it's not a problem that limbo is doing good in MB, the problem is that the bubble is too big and froze too many enemies to kill, then there's nothing to defend is all enemy is unattackable.Another problem is that limbo forces you to use melee and not all melee is going to work (like glaive, cerata, redeemer and etc). some people enjoy using guns more than melee and that's another problem itself. The point here is for limbo players to be considerate with how big their bubble is

Some things you can try next time you encounter this issue:

(a) Ask the limbo nicely to not cast it.

(b) If he/she refuses or can't for whatever reason, you may consider:

(i) Not joining pug games in future to avoid this.

(ii) Use your operator since amps and abilities are not affected.

(iii) Use melee and your warframe abilities since melee and abilities are not affected.

(iv) Leave the bubble even if it is very far because you know the defense target is pretty safe with the Limbo so don't need to worry about going far or farming focus or even looking for fragments and cords.

Good luck!

On 1/30/2018 at 7:02 AM, Rabbid- said:

I woke up every morning to see what new challenges DE gave me for sortie, but then there's mobile defense, I went into the game only to be standing idle for a few minutes, and then move to the next location, rinse and repeat. Now, I could just solo'd the mission, yea I could but I cant manage to solo every single one of the mission you know. So please, I beg Limbo players to be more considerate with how big the bubble can be . #MakeWarframeGreatAgain

You can always kill despite other players use banshee by using ASH blade storm

Just now, Cryptix123 said:

So what you're saying is that to stop a player from killing everything with their nuke 4 you need to use a nuke 4 of your own...

no.

I don't mind a limbo in Mobile defense, i care less if i kill or no

Normally i use banshee for that mission

But if we have a limbo, let it be, let him use his powers

After all mobile defense it not about killing enemies, it is not a defense

I am saying if you insist on killing and complaining that you cannot because of limbo. then use ASH

Just now, Rabbid- said:

yea, forcing someone to play something that they don't want

How is it any different from you forcing a limbo to not use arguably their most powerful ability and one that can keep them alive while on the material plane just because its inconvenient for you? You're in a sortie, you take what's optimal for your loadout.

1 minute ago, Cryptix123 said:

How is it any different from you forcing a limbo to not use arguably their most powerful ability and one that can keep them alive while on the material plane just because its inconvenient for you? You're in a sortie, you take what's optimal for your loadout.

I never say that Limbo shouldn't use his bubble, I'm saying that people put so much range in his bubble that it makes other players forced to do something about it rather killing the enemy normally.Like I've said before they need to be considerate with the range

12 hours ago, rune_me said:

And as I said before, if a Limbo really wants to do stuff "effectively" he should just go solo, it's objectively a lot more efficient than having randoms around. You definitely don't NEED a Limbo for MDs and some people might want to have stuff to do, or could use some exp from eximus sorties or others.

Only reason a Limbo goes public is either he explicitly wants others to "experience" his powers or he can't even do the mission solo.

Here's a hypothetical question I have, mostly out of curiosity.

Say you are grouping up with randoms to do a mobile defense sortie. You didn't pick your insta-map clearing frame but you did pick one you have fun with and have everything at level 30. Now lets say on your team you could have EITHER a minimum range limbo OR someone playing an instant-map-clearing warframe. Which of these two options is the most detrimental to your play and why?

Edited by Frosthaven83

13 hours ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

Obviously haven't done raids before.
Point is to do objectives, who cares who you are trying to kill if they're FROZEN

Spare me your sarcasm.  Since when is Limbo part of the raid meta? 

I always care about killing things.  That's how I level stuff or farm focus.  Sortie is a great time to farm focus with its high level enemies.  Killing things is also fun.  It's pretty mich the point of the game.  I can murder enemies fast enough that they aren't going to take out the objective anyways. 

Limbo, more than any other frame, prevents his squadmates from playing the game the way they want.  That's what some of you aren't getting.  The problem isn't the OP, it's Limbo and most of the players that use him.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

I always care about killing things.  That's how I level stuff or farm focus.  Sortie is a great time to farm focus with its high level enemies.  Killing things is also fun.  It's pretty mich the point of the game.  I can murder enemies fast enough that they aren't going to take out the objective anyways. 

Limbo, more than any other frame, prevents his squadmates from playing the game the way they want.  That's what some of you aren't getting.  The problem isn't the OP, it's Limbo and most of the players that use him.

Your teammates in public games are not there to lvl up your weapons for you. You want to lvl up gear, find a squad that wants the same or play solo. Why should a Limbo player hold back on using his abilities because it bothers you? You and your playstyle is not more important than his or anyones else. What I'm trying to say is: get over yourself, no one else cares about you leveling your weapons or how many kills you have at the end of a mission.

I just leave squad when I see limbo in team, enough people do that they will be basically left to solo.

Most players who choose to use Limbo are too insensitive to others, as such they do not consider their 
actions intrusive and disturbing others, even when others are complaining.

It is the attitude of the user, that will match the frame's function and form.

It has less of how a frame can be used, but more of how most people who choose to use it
are going to use it. 

Excal Main versus a Limbo Main or even Rhino Main can have attitude differences.

Choosing one frame over another is simply a materialization/ form expression of one's personality.
There are weapons and tools that appeal to different people, often you will find people who pick one weapon 
over every other weapons quite similar in personality.

You will see this pattern especially in organizations, orchestras where different instrument groups 
are basically different "school" of different attitudes and personalities, so is a MMO where there are different classes to choose.

And sometime not all personalities are cohesive with one and other.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

I never really play limbo these days, but they never actually bother me. I know I know but put the knife away for a second.

Here's the thing - even in sorties things die fast. Like, instantaneously fast. Usually, I'm the one blowing up the room but sometimes I'm not. The way I see it, those mobs that limbo has in stasis were just going to be map cleared anyways. It isn't like anyone other than the top map-clearer in the group was ever going to hit them in the first place. Stasis? Map cleared? What's the difference? Unless you are the leading map clearer in the group you'd likely never land a shot on those mobs before they were dead. So I can't really get on board with the line of thought that he's removing gameplay from others more than other frames even though I used to think it too.

Edit: Just adding a line for clarity to illustrate the above point. Say I jump into a public game as limbo. Say I stasis a room on mobile defense. "i cant shoot them" you yell, so I turn back time and pick another frame. Now in the time it took to stasis+cata I just instantly delete the room instead. You still couldn't shoot them, right? At least given those two options with limbo you could in theory still get kills with abilities or melee unless there is an atterax spammer in the midst. Alternatively you could solve it the same way you already do with map clearers by going where they aren't.

Now if it's the lack of affinity from mobs staying alive due to weak melee, or perhaps slowing down missions like defense by forcing tedious games of fetch, then I could understand a somewhat meaningful debate position. Of course other frames cause these issues too.

As for limbo specifically? I think it belongs in the same category of a much larger discussion (In general, the level of interaction within any given mission that members of a party can/should have).

Anyways, that's my newly evolved and equally worthless opinion on the matter. Hope everyone has a great day :)

Edited by Frosthaven83

36 minutes ago, Frosthaven83 said:

Here's a hypothetical question I have, mostly out of curiosity.

Say you are grouping up with randoms to do a mobile defense sortie. You didn't pick your insta-map clearing frame but you did pick one you have fun with and have everything at level 30. Now lets say on your team you could have EITHER a minimum range limbo OR someone playing an instant-map-clearing warframe. Which of these two options is the most detrimental to your play and why?

Instant-map-clearing frame of course.
Yes, I do press tab and see which player is dealing the most damage
I compare my headshots to others
I check what weapon they use to combo with their frame for maximum efficiency
I do this because this is what makes warframe fun and doing it in as sortie which clearly intended for challenges with limbo just ruins it.The size of the bubble clearly is like an area where it says "normal guns aren't permitted, melee and exalted weapons only"
This burst my bubbles

Edited by Rabbid-

Just in case anyone is worried about affinity or focus due to not being able to kill mobs themselves, just some info on affinity gain:

25% of affinity from allies goes to your frame.

The remainder 75% goes to your weapon(s) split equally.

If you were to kill an enemy yourself, you will get 100% of the affinity going to your frame if you killed with an ability. Your weapon(s) will get nothing.

You will get 50% affinity going to your frame and 50% going to the weapon used if you killed with a weapon. The other 2 weapons you carry will get nothing.

In other words, unless you are leveling a frame (which you can't do in sorties since lvl 30 frame is needed), you might be better off just bringing only the weapon you want to level and getting 75% affinity going to it for every kill your teammate(s) do as long as you stay within affinity radius. This is the same for focus since it is based on the mulitplication factor of lens attached to the item that gains the affinity regardless of how the kill was made and by whom.

Note that you get 1 for 1 affinity gain your teammate get per kill. So, the affinity that any mob gives to the killer compared to each of his teammates is exactly the same. The difference is in the distribution.

That said, that will be a rather inconsiderate move unless you use a frame that can function or aid the team purely on abilities.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

On 1/31/2018 at 2:21 AM, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Since when do you focus farm on a public Sortie missions?
Sounds inefficient to me. Ever heard of recruit chat?