Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've got a decent sniper put together for plains, how about a good sidearm?

(XBOX)A and Rs Dad

Question

Hello all,

MR 14 Tenno here.  I've been playing for about 4 months and I love the game, I have a good variety of weapons so far to choose from that I like, though many more to still build. 

I made a decision to wait to hit the plains until I completed the majority of things around the star chart, but I've recently delved into the Plains, which I enjoy, but I have started to gear up with the type of weapons that work there from what I've read on here and other places and was hoping to elicit a little advice. 

I've got a V. Hek for when I feel like using a shotgun.  I've got a Rubico which I'm able to have a great time on the plains with, and I've fiddled around with several of my secondaries; V. Marelok, Pandaro, Lex Prime.  I completed my Stubba while at work today from the app as well. 

My question is, I enjoy playing any of the secondaries listed and am not opposed to try others, but what kind of general guidance could you give me about what specific secondaries work well on plains for a predominantly solo player, who occaisionally teams up with randoms in public?  I change up my style depending on whether I'm solo or how the group I join is playing, so I would like a nice all around choice.  Any additional information on builds is welcome also, as I'm still learning.  

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

What I'd say is choose the secondary based on what you brought for your primary. If you brought a shotgun primary, bring a precise single-shot or a nice automatic pistol (I recommend the Furis with a riven (which are usually cheap) and it's augment to heal you). If you brought a Sniper or assault rifle, bring a nice shotgun secondary (I recommend the pyrana). This way you can cover all bases, and have a bit of fun coming up with load outs

Akstiletto Prime is never a bad pick, though I guess your Stubba covers that area already.

How 'bout a silenced Kulstar? Loads of Solo fun to be had with one of those, Plains or not.
(Get a good Melee weapon for close-range fights, unless you're an Assimilate Nyx, heh.)

Staticor or e.g. Twin Kohmak is nifty for close to medium range.

19 hours ago, (Xbox One)A and Rs Dad said:

My question is, I enjoy playing any of the secondaries listed and am not opposed to try others, but what kind of general guidance could you give me about what specific secondaries work well on plains for a predominantly solo player, who occaisionally teams up with randoms in public?

When you are solo in the higher level bounties the ships become a lot bigger issue, especially the ogmas.  For me it is mandatory to have a secondary weapon that can easily strip all of the ship's armor so that I can then 1-shot kill it with my primary.  My pistol of choice for that purpose is the Akbronco prime with a 100% status build.

As I said, I'm relatively new to Warframe, so I'm still grinding out my Akstiletto Prime parts, but your posts inspire me to push a little harder ;)

Thanks for the additional feedback.  This is why I moved over from Destiny, the community in Warframe is so helpful and positive.  Again, thanks to everyone!!