Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tanky Farming Nekros Build (NOT PRIME) (NO FORMA)

Retinu

Question

I've tried multiple Despoil Nekros builds. Most of them are pretty tanky, but toggling Desecrate ON at Level 40 up will easily get you killed. Even with a lot of health drops, it's easy to die.

So, I thought of this build.

https://imgur.com/a/yz2VP

I placed Vitality & Vigor because we'll be using Despoil.

Steel Fiber for extra tankiness.

Stretch for some range.

Equilibrium to cope with the loss of health because of Despoil, then I added Augur Message for the duration, but mostly because of the unique stat it has.

Augur Message - Turns 40% of energy use into shields (Stacks up with more Augur mods)

I found this build special because Equilibrium will give you a lot of health and shields from pickups because of desecrate. Next, since you'll be getting a lot of energy from health pickups, I placed Augur Message because you'll be spamming your 4th Ability to stop your Energy Capacity from being full to get more energy pickups for your health. You'll get a lot of shield from spamming your 4th ability because of Augur Message.

I placed Blind Rage to at least make your 4th skill useful since you'll be spamming it for more shield.

This was an experiment build, I found it very useful with my play style of toggling Desecrate ON for the whole game. This build might not work for you, and I am happy to hear the problems you see with this build. :)

Edited by Retinu

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

This is a must in a tanky nekros build

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Health_Conversion

Yeah totaly . Maybe not in a no forma nekro. But in a forma nekro Totaly worth it.

My solo build for farming mutagene sample in OD Sabotage 

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nekros_Prime/t_30_3403420040_2-1-10-5-7-5-30-9-3-37-8-5-54-3-10-458-2-3-479-5-9-481-0-8-527-6-3-727-4-5_481-6-2-6-458-9-54-7-727-8-479-7-527-9-5-9-37-14-30-13_0/en/1-0-49

Edited by trunks013

Here's what you need:

Steel Charge for the extra mod capacity

Vitality, Steel Fiber will make you tough

Despoil, Health Conversion to stay in Desecrate constantly and stack armor

Shield of Shadows: Shadows give you damage reduction

Stretch for Desecrate range

Intensify makes Shadows stronger, fits on V polarity.

Nekros is not an ability spammer.  He doesn't need Equilibrium for more energy.  Casting and refreshing shadows every once and a while, maybe an emergency Terrify.  Duration isn't needed for the Shadows.  With Nekros' low energy requirements you should have plenty of energy to recast Shadows before they all disappear.

With Despoil, desecrate takes little bits of health from you.  This is a good thing.  It means you'll always be able to pick up the health orbs you are constantly creating, which means you'll always be able to stack armor through Health Conversion.  The health orbs should keep you topped up on health.

Shield of Shadows is a backup.  I don't even turn the Shadows on until level 50 or 60 enemies because they are very distracting to teammates and this Nekros nuild is already tanky.

If you want to invest more forma in this build (when you get Nekros Prime for instance) you can add Equilibrium again and an exilus mod for more strength or range.

22 hours ago, Retinu said:

@aligatorno

Health Conversion is really good, but I wanted to keep the build with 0 forma

It costs 1 more mod point than Steel Fiber when placed in the D polarity, but the benefit is so much higher.

Steel Fiber will grant you +110% armor.  I believe Nekros starts with 65 armor, so that gets you to 136.5 armor.  136.5 armor grants you ~31% damage reduction.

Health Conversion with just one stack gets you to 515 armor or ~63% damage reduction.  With 3 stacks you'll be at 1415 armor ~83% damage reduction.

And, all for 1 mod point.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, Retinu said:

Steel Fiber for extra tankiness.

With the low base armor Nekros has that Steel Fibre is adding little to nothing. You'll have a hard time telling if it's installed or not while playing. So remove it and put in Health Conversion, it'll make a huge difference - and who doesn't like butter armor flying around them? Also, there's no point in raising power strength or duration much unless you're going to use Shield of Shadows, because I don't think there's much point using his 4th without an augment. And getting that power strength at the cost of efficiency means you'll be losing more health for desecrating - definitely not a good thing! Also since we're talking a farm build I would opt for more range unless you're going in an organized group that'll stick to one particular spot. And even then in some defence missions you'll be killing stuff outside your Desecrate range, so I'd up it. And it'll also help with his 2nd CC ability, which imho works much better than his unaugmented 4th in terms of adding to his survivability. So I came up with this build you could use:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Nekros/t_30_0400020000_2-0-8-4-2-5-6-5-4-34-8-5-54-3-6-458-7-3-727-1-5-747-6-3-859-4-5_2-10-727-8-4-9-54-10-859-7-6-5-747-9-458-9-34-7-f-f_0/en/1-0-12/

Creeping Terrify is a great CC mod - you will be spamming your 2nd and kill the helpless enemies as they crawl away in terror. That's why Intensify is there, it'll increase the number of enemies affected and the percentage or armor you strip. You could use Vigor instead of Augur Reach, Creeping Terrify or Stretch, if you still feel not tanky enough after you install Health Conversion, but you really shouldn't. You could use your 2nd without the augment but that can complicate things in some missions because they run away and fast, so not the best option for defence, for example, but with it they'll be very slow - easy to kill and won't be able to run away far. Whatever shields you get through Augur mods from using abilities is kinda negligible, will hardly make any difference even with 2-3 Augur mods. Shields in general aren't that good, unless you get a ton of them, like Vampire Trin or Harrow. 

EDIT: When you upgrade your Vitality and Equilibrium further you'd probably have to drop Augur Reach or Creeping Terrify to make up some space.

Edited by DarthKadra