Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different founders program?

-Mrtqz-

On 03/02/2018 at 9:05 AM, rune_me said:

Warframe is not in beta. This is just something DE likes to say. If your game has been out for 5 years and you are making real money from the people playing it, then you don't get to pretend its still in beta. 

That's like buying a car and the salesman goes "yeah, yeah, you know, the engine doesn't work quite as intended and the breaks are not as we hoped they would be, but just pay us now and you get to drive around in this and then when we have the proper engine and breaks ready we'll install them for you."

Actually it technically is in Beta, You have assumed the popularised (user end) use of the term beta is the norm. It's not;
"Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed. This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable. No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code."

Warframe would actually be considered an alpha;
"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished. A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features. These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback. Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped. Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions."

DE has kind of chosen the Alpha/Release middle ground as the game is out and playable like a traditional release, but technically is still in alpha because they are still implementing gameplay (Korra, Eidolons etc.) is not feature complete (Max MR 25/30), and is revising based on feedback while new features are still being added (as in the new Frame Changes).

The popularised version of Alpha/Beta as used by many gamers is meaningless in a development context, sales or whatever are meaningless to 'how in development' a game is... They are only vaguely related in that normally the end of development would mean release and sales (but that's not how online games work anymore), DE are developers, they use Developer terms in appropriate context.
So ultimately WF is still in beta and will remain so until we reach MR30 and they stop releasing new frames.

Edited by Carnage2K4

I like to think of the idea that if this game plans to go another 3 years at least, then the current warframe population should get a chance to 'found', or 'refound' warframe with a new founders pack 2.0

Like you said. An exclusive, special item or warframe that you can only get via founding the game in its secondary program, and then in 3 years you have two generations of founders. The og founders, and the secondary founders. Who have been playing for a very long time by then and by any other regards, are founders already. 

I don't know if that made sense. But I like the idea.. 

On 2/3/2018 at 11:46 AM, DarthBane1 said:

No thanks. I get enough gif as it is with excal P. 

You get enough gif... 

What? What do you mean by this? Are you spammed with gifs because you own Excalibur prime? 

I can't actually think of the word that this was supposed to be... 

5 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Actually it technically is in Beta, You have assumed the popularised (user end) use of the term beta is the norm. It's not;
"Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed. This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable. No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code."

Warframe would actually be considered an alpha;
"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished. A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features. These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback. Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped. Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions."

DE has kind of chosen the Alpha/Release middle ground as the game is out and playable like a traditional release, but technically is still in alpha because they are still implementing gameplay (Korra, Eidolons etc.) is not feature complete (Max MR 25/30), and is revising based on feedback while new features are still being added (as in the new Frame Changes).

The popularised version of Alpha/Beta as used by many gamers is meaningless in a development context, sales or whatever are meaningless to 'how in development' a game is... They are only vaguely related in that normally the end of development would mean release and sales (but that's not how online games work anymore), DE are developers, they use Developer terms in appropriate context.
So ultimately WF is still in beta and will remain so until we reach MR30 and they stop releasing new frames.

Not the popularized version, though. My description of beta is how soiftware developers are taught and trained (at least back when I got taught and trained) and is how developers refer to beta. This has nothing to do with gamers and it is most certainly not meaningless in a development content. It is in fact rather important in a development content to have a "beta" point where you stop adding new features.

None of which change the fact that: if you charge money from your customers, you are selling a finished product or you are being a really sh**ty person. You take me money, you're not in beta.