Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please change the "Bounty for Relics"

Azanka

This is highly unfair, boring and nonproductive.

New players can't go in Cetus straight away, let alone do all the bounties. Yea, they can get a veteran with them, but what then? The bounties are repetitive and tiring even for veterans. I understand you want us to play more PoE but if you do, fix it! Having hard to get relics due to the bad rate (especially the lith, meso and neo) doesn't make it easier when you have a broken bounty all the time, loading screen that takes years to load or the game crashing on you. 

It's just tiring, nonproductive and not helpful. Especially for the new folks.

2 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

And new players are able to do high lvl interception, defence, spy? 

They might not be able to but the chance of encountering a veteran is way greater there! I would much rather grind away with a noobie next to me in a defense than a bounty I can barely make due to the immense amount of lag, IF I manage to get in.

As a Veteran, I find Bounties to be a bit more "active" than the typical missions I used to play all the time. The constant changes for each phase of the bounty makes it fun and worthwhile. On drop chances of Relics, I find having the vaulted relics placed in a single node (Plains of Eidolon) makes it waaaaaay faster and easier to farm than having it included in the other Relic Drop Tables we already have.

Although I can understand that newbies will probably have a hard time moving around in the plains given the distance from objective to objective, but that's pretty much it honestly. Gameplay-wise, the plains is fine.

P.S: You said you want PoE to be fixed, but what? You're not helping DE fix something just by saying fix it.

The problem is the many people who afk or refuse to actively take part in doin the bounties. They cue up, then either sit there, or go fishing/mining. Thus making the bounties that much harder on the 1-3 people actually taking part in each stage. It's a major design flaw that needs to be addressed.

1 minute ago, Harowing said:

As a Veteran, I find Bounties to be a bit more "active" than the typical missions I used to play all the time. The constant changes for each phase of the bounty makes it fun and worthwhile. On drop chances of Relics, I find having the vaulted relics placed in a single node (Plains of Eidolon) makes it waaaaaay faster and easier to farm than having it included in the other Relic Drop Tables we already have.

Although I can understand that newbies will probably have a hard time moving around in the plains given the distance from objective to objective, but that's pretty much it honestly. Gameplay-wise, the plains is fine.

P.S: You said you want PoE to be fixed, but what? You're not helping DE fix something just by saying fix it.

The fact that you can target a certain relic is nice, but more than half of the servers cannot run it! Everyone waits in the void fissures for someone with a shiny new relic in their hand to suck it dry because they can't get in Cetus or Poe to actually get it. I like that you can target it but if you think of it, barely anyone can load the missions for them. 

Also, the rates. Bounties 1-4, the relics have 20% chance to drop in the first one. That includes With, Meso, Neo. 

The hardest relics are supposed to be Axi. They have 50% chance of drop on the fist one. That's an issue right there in itself let alone the loading tomes, bugginess etc.

Just now, Azanka said:

The fact that you can target a certain relic is nice, but more than half of the servers cannot run it! Everyone waits in the void fissures for someone with a shiny new relic in their hand to suck it dry because they can't get in Cetus or Poe to actually get it. I like that you can target it but if you think of it, barely anyone can load the missions for them. 

Also, the rates. Bounties 1-4, the relics have 20% chance to drop in the first one. That includes With, Meso, Neo. 

The hardest relics are supposed to be Axi. They have 50% chance of drop on the fist one. That's an issue right there in itself let alone the loading tomes, bugginess etc.

I got 3 of the vaulted Axi relics, Twirling Spire and a Cetus Wisp x2 in one bounty at the last tier, so RNGesus I suppose? 

I highly recommend if you can't do it in public, switch regions to find a better host (might work) or do it solo or much better, recruit people to join your game to finish bounties together. I'm pretty sure there are also other people with the same issue but they only happen to pop out now when DE released the vaulted relics in PoE so the issue might still stand but not as drastic as now for players in your scenario.

You can check the Reddit or some topics in the Forums that makes farming for Relics quite easier (Finish the first part of the bounty, extract, repeat). But if the issue is that you can't get into PoE itself, there are numerous topics in the General Bug or fixes that might help you (tweaking the launcher settings, etc).

2 minutes ago, Harowing said:

I got 3 of the vaulted Axi relics, Twirling Spire and a Cetus Wisp x2 in one bounty at the last tier, so RNGesus I suppose? 

I highly recommend if you can't do it in public, switch regions to find a better host (might work) or do it solo or much better, recruit people to join your game to finish bounties together. I'm pretty sure there are also other people with the same issue but they only happen to pop out now when DE released the vaulted relics in PoE so the issue might still stand but not as drastic as now for players in your scenario.

You can check the Reddit or some topics in the Forums that makes farming for Relics quite easier (Finish the first part of the bounty, extract, repeat). But if the issue is that you can't get into PoE itself, there are numerous topics in the General Bug or fixes that might help you (tweaking the launcher settings, etc).

I'm not necesarely talking about myself. There are other people.  I'm not that greedy. 

There are tons of people who just cannot run it, with any Reddit post. They have done it before where the relics are just part of normal missions, why not now? I understand you want to keep defending DE but that doesn't mean their way is always the good way.  

PoE is widely known for being laggy, hard to load and has most of the bounties bugged. It's not hot news. Forcing people in there isn't the solution. 

I mean, can you verify "barely anyone can load the missions for them"? Seems like a pretty broad statement you can't really back up, but I'm guessing DE can (or can not).

Also, you may have heard this already, maybe not, but syndicate relic packs are still an option.

1 minute ago, Cryoguard said:

I mean, can you verify "barely anyone can load the missions for them"? Seems like a pretty broad statement you can't really back up, but I'm guessing DE can (or can not).

Also, you may have heard this already, maybe not, but syndicate relic packs are still an option.

I am aware that syndicate packs are an option but you can get so many on 1 day. They are limited based on everyone's evolution in the game.

My statement regarding PoE might seem broad but that doesn't make it untrue. I'm not the only one complaining.

Just now, Azanka said:

I am aware that syndicate packs are an option but you can get so many on 1 day. They are limited based on everyone's evolution in the game.

My statement regarding PoE might seem broad but that doesn't make it untrue. I'm not the only one complaining.

You can't verify if your statement is true. DE can. And if you counted the amount of people complaining and compared it to the population of the player base, I think you'd find that you're in the vast minority.

If you are having issues loading into PoE, you can always leave bug reports or file a support ticket. Moving the relics really isn't the best solution though, considering bounty drop tables are so slim that is is ideal the keep them there for farming purposes.

PS: if you have the gear you can always try going solo, that way you don't have to worry about leeches or poor host connections

I am honestly beginning to think that DE is trying to sabotage themselves now. Not only are they nerfing Ember/prime while refusing to link it in-game for public viewing, but they threw the relics into the bounties, which they knew was buggy and boring! Based on these factors, DE is staring to seem to me like a greedy corporation. The employees on an individual level seem nice enough, but I am sick and tired of companies trying to trick their consumers.It just really upsets me that DE was like "How can we make these boring and glitchy bounties get played?! Oh, I know! Let's force people to get unvaulted relics from it! We will pretend as though Syndicates give enough, when in reality you will be forced to farm in the Plains or buy the Unvaulting pack in order to get these items!" It is not something I would have really thought about unless still ongoing Bungie controversies with Destiny 2. Scummy, and I am sad DE is stooping to these levels. I get the need for money, but COME on! You pay your taxi for services provided, so you should not then have to sit through "okay, I brought ya here. Now where is my five percent tip?" That is just plain rude. Ugh, hope DE gives some form of apology for making go through this torture.

I think the real problem with bounties as hosts for relics is that the BEST drop chance is only Stage 1 of the bounty.

Level 20-40 bounties have a 21/26% (depending on pool) chance to give a relic in Stage 1 only. Stages 2 and 3 drop that chance to 16/19%. Stage 4 has NO CHANCE to drop a relic - wait what? We're supposed to be farming relics from the level 20-40 bounty with this bull loot table?

It's the same for all the bounties and their stages. If you're farming relics you ONLY do Stage 1 of the bounties, extract to Cetus, and repeat. I really doubt this is what DE wanted people to do for the unvaulted relics.

Bounties are too saturated with junk rewards like Cetus Wisps or - gasp - the ultra important Fracturing Wind! Take the crap mods out of rotation C (looking at you, Fracturing Wind, Cetus Wisp) and replace them with the unvaulted relics, maybe people will actually do the level 20-40 Stage 4 for that 33% drop chance (though honestly I doubt it).

The reason people go to specific map nodes to farm relics is because they're almost guarunteed to get a relic (even if not the one they wanted) for their time. Bounties? I've LITERALLY got a better chance to get a CETUS WISP than a relic. Not 10 Cetus Wisp. Not 5 Cetus Wisp. But just one whole stinking Cetus Wisp.

Edited by Sennera

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

I am honestly beginning to think that DE is trying to sabotage themselves now. Not only are they nerfing Ember/prime while refusing to link it in-game for public viewing, but they threw the relics into the bounties, which they knew was buggy and boring! Based on these factors, DE is staring to seem to me like a greedy corporation. The employees on an individual level seem nice enough, but I am sick and tired of companies trying to trick their consumers.It just really upsets me that DE was like "How can we make these boring and glitchy bounties get played?! Oh, I know! Let's force people to get unvaulted relics from it! We will pretend as though Syndicates give enough, when in reality you will be forced to farm in the Plains or buy the Unvaulting pack in order to get these items!" It is not something I would have really thought about unless still ongoing Bungie controversies with Destiny 2. Scummy, and I am sad DE is stooping to these levels. I get the need for money, but COME on! You pay your taxi for services provided, so you should not then have to sit through "okay, I brought ya here. Now where is my five percent tip?" That is just plain rude. Ugh, hope DE gives some form of apology for making go through this torture.

THANK YOU! I am mastery 23 currently. I have no need for these things but I see myself and my friends struggling to get them for them! ( since I have no need ). And not only friends but people in general hate going there. I was dead excited when PoE  was launched, realizing after that it's a buggy mess. What I did the first day? I was fishing. 

Making them more accessible or at least Poe less of a pain or feel like a punishment would be nice.

4 minutes ago, Sennera said:

I think the real problem with bounties as hosts for relics is that the BEST drop chance is only Stage 1 of the bounty.

Level 20-40 bounties have a 21/26% (depending on pool) chance to give a relic in Stage 1 only. Stages 2 and 3 drop that chance to 16/19%.

It's the same for all the bounties and their stages. If you're farming relics you ONLY do Stage 1 of the bounties, extract to Cetus, and repeat. I really doubt this is what DE wanted people to do for the unvaulted relics.

Bounties are too saturated with junk rewards like Cetus Wisps or - gasp - the ultra important Fracturing Wind! Take the crap mods out of rotation C (looking at you, Fracturing Wind) and replace them with the unvaulted relics, maybe people will actually do the level 20-40 Stage 4 for that 33% drop chance (though honestly I doubt it).

Making them more accessible for the lith , meso and Neo is so much better! Axi is the easiest one to get. It's an eyesore when you see fracturing wind or gladiator w/e pop in your face. Putting 2 or more of a chance to get it would make it so much more worth it. 

Edited by Azanka