Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE Bounty reward saturation: It's all backwards!

Sennera

I wanted to make an objective objection to PoE hosting vaulted relics, formed after my observations on PoE relic farming in the hours after the unvaulting. Getting right into the meat and potatoes:

1. You have a better chance to get a CETUS WISP (only a single one) than you do to get the unvaulted relics from the level 20-40 bounties.
  2. You have your greatest chance to get unvaulted relics from STAGE 1 of EVERY BOUNTY and NO CHANCE of getting the relics from the final stage (3, 4, or 5 depending on bounty level) of the bounties.

The above 2 points mean that relic farming is a rinse-and-repeat of only the first stage of the bounty. It's BACKWARDS because the reward tables for bounties were so ridiculous in the first place (33% chance for Fracturing Wind in 'rotation C' of level 20-40, again with no chance of a relic at all) and unlike Defense, Interception, Excavation, or Survival the Bounties were never meant to be a relic farm.

If we're suddenly going to turn PoE into another relic farm, something needs to be done so that the chance for a relic dropping goes UP as the bounty stages progress, not DOWN or NON-EXISTENT.

Look at it this way: It's a good chance to FINALLY take Fracturing Wind and Cetus Wisps out of the rotation C reward pools!

A prior post elsewhere to add to this:

27 minutes ago, Sennera said:

I think the real problem with bounties as hosts for relics is that the BEST drop chance is only Stage 1 of the bounty.

Level 20-40 bounties have a 21/26% (depending on pool) chance to give a relic in Stage 1 only. Stages 2 and 3 drop that chance to 16/19%. Stage 4 has NO CHANCE to drop a relic - wait what? We're supposed to be farming relics from the level 20-40 bounty with this bull loot table?

It's the same for all the bounties and their stages. If you're farming relics you ONLY do Stage 1 of the bounties, extract to Cetus, and repeat. I really doubt this is what DE wanted people to do for the unvaulted relics.

Bounties are too saturated with junk rewards like Cetus Wisps or - gasp - the ultra important Fracturing Wind! Take the crap mods out of rotation C (looking at you, Fracturing Wind, Cetus Wisp) and replace them with the unvaulted relics, maybe people will actually do the level 20-40 Stage 4 for that 33% drop chance (though honestly I doubt it).

The reason people go to specific map nodes to farm relics is because they're almost guarunteed to get a relic (even if not the one they wanted) for their time. Bounties? I've LITERALLY got a better chance to get a CETUS WISP than a relic. Not 10 Cetus Wisp. Not 5 Cetus Wisp. But just one whole stinking Cetus Wisp.

Edited by Sennera

Lith,  Meso and Neo have legit barely any chance. Axi has 50% to drop on the first one, and I had runs where 4/5 were relic drops! And it 's still worth making just for the Eidolon Lens or rare mod. 

The endo, fracturing wind, gladiator rush, Cetus wisps etc are an eyesore.  They are painful to see at this point when people hardly manage to get in a non-bugged bounty and get an eyesore drop. 

Edited by Azanka

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

First, people cry out because they dotn get gold rewards.
Then , people cry out because they don't get bronce rewards.

I really don't wish to sit at DE's customer management.

Their system was super flawed to begin with. These complaints are about fixing the reward system for the bounties cause you are pretty much competing with 8 rewards and only want 1. This makes bounties incredibly stressful and way easier to burn out on.

Actually I'm not complaining about not getting bronze rewards o3o;

I'm complaining because I'm just cheesing stage 1 of my bounties, leaving, and repeating over and over.

I WANT to finish my bounties, but since DE doesn't want to reward me properly for completing them then yeah.

Sure I could do the final stage for nothing, if I had all the time in the universe. Unfortunately I have biological needs that have financial needs and time is money so no time to waste!

The problem is that Bounties always had this problems with rerolls and having multiple times the same pools one after another.

The vaulted relics drop a lot. They drop much more than the new prime access relics in the usual modes.

I had 2 of each kind from any tier, and I played only one run per tier.

Some of my friends got 4 or 5 Axi in one run.

I really think this is complaining at a whole new level.

I could understand the concern of those on PC having hard time to run PoE on their systems, but drop rates this time are a total joke.

AAAND... I always complain about stupid drop rates like Target Acquired, Kinetic Diversion, etc...but this time in 10-15 minutes you can be rewarded much much more than in Survival, Defense or Interceptions, because remember than even in the classic modes you can get mods...I played Hydron to level up a Ripkas after Forma...4 waves, 2 Neo and 2 mods, no Axi.

Edited by (PS4)OmegaSlayer

I mean, I was playing on T4 bounties and got relics in both stage 3, and 4. So I'm not sure about what you said there.

With bounties you still have a better chance of getting a vaulted relic then playing regular missions, so I don't see what there is to complain about. I've averaged about 2 relics per run, but I've only been doing T4 bounties.

Edited by PoisonHD

46 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Some of my friends got 4 or 5 Axi in one run.

Axi actually have a 50% drop chance. (Making them the least rare of the unvaulted relics)

Again, my point isn't that the drops rates are junk it's that the drop rate doesn't promote completing an entire bounty which likely goes against DE's purpose for putting the relics into bounty rewards in the first place. Hence, "Backwards".

35 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I mean, I was playing on T4 bounties and got relics in both stage 3, and 4. So I'm not sure about what you said there.

Stage 3 and 4 for the level 30-50 bounty do have relics in their drop tables (at a reduced drop chance compared to Stage 1, which is the point I'm making), but stage 5 only has Cetus Wisps and 3 mods (one uncommon (read: common) stance, one uncommon set mod, one rare set mod). No relics for 30-50 bounty stage 5.

Edited by Sennera

To be brutally honest, it's not like we really miss out if we don't complete a bounty. Interrogations on capture targets take less than 5 seconds, rescue hostages pretty much refuse to be rescued until all Tenno are at their extraction point, Grineer maintenance on daytime drones is so bad that they only exist fallen or hacked by us... bounties are a joke, and it's only appropriate for us to treat them like jokes. We're only there for the rewards, and we don't really care what's actually happening within said bounties.