The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox duality

Fallen_Echo

Warning personal opinion ahead! You have been warned!

Hello there Tenno!

Today i want to talk about one of the most useless augment in the game: Equinox duality.

200?cb=20171007150206

This augment creates an equinox specter for 10 second what deals 300% damage. The duration is scaled with yours so the augment sounds pretty good right?

I wish i was right, but im not.

The core problems:

1. Specter AI. I dont even know how to describe this. Its stupid, not stupid as for example the people who eat tide pods, its worse. I ran a couple tests in the simalurcum and honestly i wonder if the mobs died from the specter or from laughing themselves to death. Cannot aim in general, cannot decide to shoot, cannot decide where to go, has troubles aiming at still targets and so on.
  2. Specter health. Its health is entirely based on your setup so if you havent built yourself into a tank this guy is nothing more than a minor 1 sec struggle for most enemies.

Now i believe this mod can be fixed by going with one of the suggestions i write here.

1- Make this guy immortal.

You read that right i want the specter to be immortal. Due to the low base duration even if you use all possible duration mods your specter is active for 30 sec. For the energy cost of this skill and the stupidity of the specter i say 30 seconds is perfectly fine, but if someone thinks thats too much then we can freely remove the damage buff he gets and now at best you get a temporal teammate who you need to summon again.

2- Make him toggleable with resurrection cost.

The idea here is that you could toggle metamorphosis to be on till you reach 25% of your max energy. The original buffs of it will be halved and every time your specter dies metamorphosis you lose the same amount of energy it would need to recast the skill and a new specter spawns. Every time the specter would choose randomly which one of your weapons he uses, every spawn after the first one is instanteous with 0.3 sec delay.

In this case the guy is still squishy but acts as a cheap decoy for when you want to escape sticky situations. Useable at both low and high levels.

3-  Turn this into a teamwide support skill.

Instead of only making an equinox specter change the augment to create several specters with inverted colors from your teammates. Increase the base duration to 30 sec but remove the damage bonus. This would effectively "double" your squads size creating decoys what can sometimes attack like they supposed to.

I think Duality Clones are very impressive for what they are since Specter AI has been improved. They could use some more base duration, the excessive duration stack to get something out of this augment isn`t reasonable in my opinion. 

-edit-

I`d like to quote my bug report 

"......

Maim at the moment stops doing damage to enemys inside its range! It usally ticks 7-10 times and simply stops all of the sudden oO It also fails to count up damage-dealt for its explosion triggered by stoping Maim. Sometimes it did count damage from individual ticks sometimes it didn`t. The bug where damage ticks stop happens all the time as far as I can tell.......... "

Has anbody here noticed something going on with Maim? Was that a intended change I missed?  

Edited by AcceptYourDeath

29 minutes ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

I think Duality Clones are very impressive for what they are since Specter AI has been improved. They could use some more base duration, the excessive duration stack to get something out of this augment isn`t reasonable in my opinion. 

-edit-

"......

Maim at the moment stops doing damage to enemys inside its range! It usally ticks 7-10 times and simply stops all of the sudden oO It also fails to count up damage-dealt for its explosion triggered by stoping Maim. Sometimes it did count damage from individual ticks sometimes it didn`t. The bug where damage ticks stop happens all the time as far as I can tell.......... "

Has anbody here noticed something going on with Maim? Was that a intended change I missed?  

I found a strange bug too this week. The duality specters simply cant use the corpus repeaters, supra, dera, tetra with all of them the specter aims like he never had a gun in its hand.

1 hour ago, Soketsu said:

Obviously you din't use good guns, or even at the right time

For example?

I soo far know that i can forgot corpus weaponary.

il y a 12 minutes, Fallen_Echo a dit :

I found a strange bug too this week. The duality specters simply cant use the corpus repeaters, supra, dera, tetra with all of them the specter aims like he never had a gun in its hand.

For example?

I soo far know that i can forgot corpus weaponary.

Like tigris/gammacore/marelok. For the right time, either when you hav to burst or run, I can agree that against boss with parts like eidolon, it won't work.

7 hours ago, Soketsu said:

Like tigris/gammacore/marelok. For the right time, either when you hav to burst or run, I can agree that against boss with parts like eidolon, it won't work.

Those work well but due to my base squishyness the specter cant really survive high level areas. I found out that he works great with melee weapons and certain aoes but thats all.

Even with the right weapons this guy is as sturdy as the corpus windows. 

Il y a 2 heures, Fallen_Echo a dit :

Those work well but due to my base squishyness the specter cant really survive high level areas. I found out that he works great with melee weapons and certain aoes but thats all.

Even with the right weapons this guy is as sturdy as the corpus windows. 

You don't need that your specter survive for a while, you only need it give you 2 second for your next action, like disable a nullifier bubble /make some foes sleep

1 hour ago, Soketsu said:

You don't need that your specter survive for a while, you only need it give you 2 second for your next action, like disable a nullifier bubble /make some foes sleep

Well i guess thats an use for him, but if this is the only thing he can do at higher levels why not just make him immortal?

A 30sec specter is much better than one that you only use as a fast decoy.

12 hours ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

-edit-

"......

This is intentional. Maim doesn't do damage, it applies a single slash proc to all enemies it touches. This slash proc ticks for a few times, and then runs out and won't be reapplied. Additionally, the damage that Maim stores up is not from damage dealt, but rather it takes a percentage of the max HP of enemies killed while within range of Maim. 

It's hard-capped really badly, so don't bother running it for the proc damage past level 25, really. At higher levels it's only good for the burst, and you will need allies and powerful weapons to stack it up, because you need to make kills.

20 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

This is intentional. Maim doesn't do damage, it applies a single slash proc to all enemies it touches. This slash proc ticks for a few times, and then runs out and won't be reapplied. Additionally, the damage that Maim stores up is not from damage dealt, but rather it takes a percentage of the max HP of enemies killed while within range of Maim. 

It's hard-capped really badly, so don't bother running it for the proc damage past level 25, really. At higher levels it's only good for the burst, and you will need allies and powerful weapons to stack it up, because you need to make kills.

What? Since when it works like that?

For whatever time ive been using equinox i remember the aura worked constantly and stored accumulated damage.

il y a une heure, Fallen_Echo a dit :

Well i guess thats an use for him, but if this is the only thing he can do at higher levels why not just make him immortal?

A 30sec specter is much better than one that you only use as a fast decoy.

Probably, but some will then complain equinox is too strong, even if I already do fear that if ember lose the role of popular fast cleaner, people will look at equinox

il y a 29 minutes, Colyeses a dit :

I think it's always worked like that, actually.

Confirmed, and that a reason to love equinox, stronger are your opponent, stronger will be your power :)

Edited by Soketsu

4 hours ago, Colyeses said:

I think it's always worked like that, actually.

I guess it could have, i never really payed that much attention to it as im normally using lots of aoe to clear out the area. I might have missed it.

3 hours ago, Soketsu said:

Probably, but some will then complain equinox is too strong, even if I already do fear that if ember lose the role of popular fast cleaner, people will look at equinox

Im not sure about that, you get almost the same results by spawning any other specters and soo far i havent seen anybody complain because someone made corrupted bombard specters and used them.

il y a 6 minutes, Fallen_Echo a dit :

I guess it could have, i never really payed that much attention to it as im normally using lots of aoe to clear out the area. I might have missed it.

Im not sure about that, you get almost the same results by spawning any other specters and soo far i havent seen anybody complain because someone made corrupted bombard specters and used them.

You know people always complaining about things and in this time of change I would love to avoid that equinox get powered down by any means ^^

But I can agree with normal people, it won't be a problem

17 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

You know people always complaining about things and in this time of change I would love to avoid that equinox get powered down by any means ^^

But I can agree with normal people, it won't be a problem

On a second thought lets not push our luck, i dont want to see nerf equinox threads and argue with the salty masses.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Fallen_Echo:

For whatever time ive been using equinox i remember the aura worked constantly and stored accumulated damage.

Right? I am confused as well, I played Equinox a fair amount although it has been a while. Maim just went on forever grinding down everything in the area eventually.

I had a second thought about this immortality stuff for Duality, still no :crylaugh: but it could use a immense buff to its survivability. Whenever skills or augments basically lose their entire purpose only because you are fighting lvl 100 content instead of lvl 50 something is wrong. It`s the same with Saryns Molt, works till lvl 50, is pointless at lvl 100. Loki Decoy works till 50, pointless at lvl 100. You can get creative with Saryn and Loki and hide it very well, but whatever...... and you can`t hide a Clone afterall, it'`s there to shoot dudes :laugh: