Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty pacing, and my take on why people are complaining about bounties.

RecordTheFox

TL;DR: Make bounty mission areas close to each other and don't make them repeat.

Look DE, i love how you made the plains look, i love what you did with the eidolons and many qol changes but the bounty system always bugged people, and yes partially some big gripes have been fixed, but i'll leave the rewards and such alone for now, same for the balancing and talk to why i personally think many people dislike them, that is, they aren't exactly the best in design in terms of pacing.

The thing about warframe is that its missions are fast paced, and generally last little, unless you want them to last more however bounties aren't that way at all, they are, awful in terms of pacing, the first objective location is fine and can be anywhere but then comes the problem, after you're done with said objective, you just have a moment of nothing happening as you jump around the plains/wait for your archwing, this is what i think causes people to really dislike the bounties, the fact that the pacing is constantly broken by that "travel time".

This effectively forces the player to "spend more time" in the plains, but the issue with this is that, it isn't fun, and people will start associating the plains with boredom, thus making them want to avoid the plains unless forced to, which feeds into the vicious cycle

They still haven't even fixed the one cost to the other mission. It seems like the next node can only be so far away, but somehow the two costs are "next" to each other, even though you have to go all the away around Cetus... they are well over 1000m apart. Been a problem since day one, but DE want's to find ways to waste your time and lower the reward per time.

To be honest i think that even more than that the problem is the amount of bugs that plague PoE in general and Bounties specifically is way higher than anywhere else in the game. 

That comes from a guy who just reads the forums and listens to his ingame friends mind (can't access PoE due to hardware)