Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Rng...

Brimir

Well, thanks for the enlightenment. Go play another game if you hate it so much, majority of the people don't seem to care and you don't seem to know why it's so bad in the first place.

Why are you so god damn hostile, bro? If you can't take people critizing the game, stay the f out of the FEEDBACK forum.

You're not getting it. You can farm Rathalos (and Rathalos alone) for a Rathlos. That is not comparable to trying to get a single, specific mod in Warframe because of the number of potential sources. There is a lot less RNG involved in farming the things in your examples.

They are comparable to farming for a Warframe Blueprint of a specific boss only. Not the entire Warframe RNG system as a whole.

Want to get thunderbolt?? Ask anyone where to farm it, they will give 2 answers, palus and xini. Rathalos exists in how many quests?? 5? 6?

Want to get thunderbolt?? Ask anyone where to farm it, they will give 2 answers, palus and xini. Rathalos exists in how many quests?? 5? 6?

And how many mods are they NOT going to tell you to farm those locations?

None.

They are all farmed there. Do you realize how miniscule that makes the chance to get a specific mod? Way smaller than your Rathalos Plate.

Edited by Brimir

And how many mods are they NOT going to tell you to farm those locations?

None.

They are all farmed there. Do you realize how miniscule that makes the chance to get a specific mod? Way smaller than your Rathalos Plate.

Handspring, Master Chief, Retribution, Rage, want me to go on?

Xini and palus are the places to go for Thunderbolt, cause its in the god damn drop table, as is Streamline you want so much. Ive skipped so many Streamlines in Xini I could have like 5 or 6 of them maxed out.

If you want Streamline start going there, or then stop annoying people.

Unfortunately mods are RNG based, at least Streamline is there in the drop table, there are some mods that I have to go to the Void, and pray for a container to give it to me, yet Im fine with it, cause I know that if i dont get it, there so many other good stuff to use, its not one freakin mod that will make this game less enjoyable.

Streamline is good? yep, thats why its rare. Is it essential? no.

Why are you so god damn hostile, bro? If you can't take people critizing the game, stay the f out of the FEEDBACK forum.

And if you can't take people criticising you view stay the f out of PUBLIC FORUMS, I like it the way it is, so I will post my view here. You've still to explain why the current system is objectively bad and you've yet to offer an alternative. What you're doing is NOT FEEDBACK, that's why I'm so "hostile".

No, you're not critisicing my view, you're being generally hostile on a personal level. As I said, you clearly can't handle the Feedback forums because you're a rabid little (fan)boy.

EDIT: Also:

feed·back  
/ˈfēdˌbak/

Noun
  1. Information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc.,
Edited by Brimir

No, you're not critisicing my view, you're being generally hostile on a personal level. As I said, you clearly can't handle the Feedback forums because you're a rabid little (fan)boy.

EDIT: Also:

feed·back  
/ˈfēdˌbak/

Noun
  1. Information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc.,

So instead of making a good argument you deteriorate to name calling and claiming I somehow attacked you on a personal level.

Jwr5tCK.gif

I agree with there being to much RNG, but not because the rare mods are rare, they are going to keep being rare and that is (Maybe) good, but I have a problem with new players searching desperately for mods that aren't for convenience or to max out your build. But for Damage and Health/shield mods that they still, 8 hours into the game still don't have.

I tried replaying the game from scratch, using a lvl 0 of everything (Excal, Skana, Braton and Lato) and only using the mods i find. I'm down to earth now and I still havent found any damage mods outside a elecricity for rifle and 2 vitality. Everything else is Ammo drums and W/E.

I know myself i didn't find a hornet strike for ages. But that wasn't a big worry because i used my Dual Zoren that I built early way back to kick everything.

Why are there essential mods that the players need to hope to the RNG gods to gets? That is my biggest complaint about this game today, the next one being the rediculous scaling of everything.

EDIT: Plus with the stupid network problems in Warframe I can't get into a group most of the time anyway.

network problems ? i see none of these problems , must just be you so you can include that as another thing to $#*(@ about

as for the hole RNG thing , it is like this is mostly any other game

WoW/Neverwinter/Rift? No way. In this games you don't have to go out and hunt for your spells and abilities; they are unlocked as you level up. Those games are in no way on the same level as Warframe in that regard.

Note that I am not complaining about crafting in general. Crafting weapons and Warframes is fine (well, they could make Control Modules drop earlier to allow new players to ditch their starter Warframe earlier. Hyena is faaaaaar too far in to the game to be the first reliable source). It is only when it comes to mods it goes way, waaay too far.

WHY THE HELL are you comparing warframe to a game like WoW / Neverwinter  /OR/ Rift , so please drop this silly complaining as you are comparing a game to something COMPLETELY different

thats like comparing chalk to cheese , both if witch are used for COMPLETELY different things , honestly try a little harder in comparing a game like this to something relatable cause i honestly dont know of any game thats completely /OR/ somewhat  relatable to this in any way , other than its parent of where warframe had grown from (Dark Sector)

also i feel you may be forgetting the concept of BETA , mod drop rates or the RNG of this game is OBVIOUSLY going to be tweaked in the near future and keep being tweaked , also how do you not know that there doing minor tweaks atm in the back-end of the server hmmm , in the mean time stop whining and wasting your time when you could be in game getting the mods you so desire or BP etc

Edited by DiBBz

They will be buyable from other players.

For example, I have a Serration maxed out and want to sell it? Ill put it up for sale and other players can purchase it. It wont be the devs selling mods, and yes us being able to sell maxed out mods.

I agree the drop tables are messed up, but they have knowledge of this and are trying to fix it, they had gone in a good direction when they diluted the tables on defense missions by factions, but then they added more stuff and we are heading towards the same problem.

Your best chance at Streamline is going on Xini, or some other high leveled infested defense.

Nothing is sure about trade.

And for all people that are QQ about mod or two, did you ever had 3283289894789 copies of Hellfire mod? If you did, then you started to play this game before U8 ;)

The answer is as obvious as it is depressing: massive RNG takes the place of proper replay value.

This game has unfortunately used RNG and straight-up vertical progression as a crutch for replay value.

If both issues aren't removed, changed, or altered, this game will die a quick death after launch.  I'd give it 3 months before there are only the diehards left (the ones on here flaming people for suggesting changes).

Nothing is sure about trade.

And for all people that are QQ about mod or two, did you ever had 3283289894789 copies of Hellfire mod? If you did, then you started to play this game before U8 ;)

no but i did have 11 pages of serration but

Edited by DiBBz

This game has unfortunately used RNG and straight-up vertical progression as a crutch for replay value.

If both issues aren't removed, changed, or altered, this game will die a quick death after launch.  I'd give it 3 months before there are only the diehards left (the ones on here flaming people for suggesting changes).

hmm funny that cause the RNG system has been in this since Update 1 , i  my self join around when update 3 kicked off... sooo 7 months later and almost a year and you still think its going to die PFFFFT hahaha please this is a PvE players dream game , everyone that supports the game sees potential for it , you however thinks it will die along with a few others BECAUSE yous are merely distracted by the so-called-things that you see negative with this game

if its not your game then FFS just leave no need to get your thong in a twist , and then once a year passes and you come back we would <3 to see you complain some more

Edited by DiBBz

hmm funny that cause the RNG system has been in this since Update 1 , i  my self join around when update 3 kicked off... sooo 7 months later and almost a year and you still think its going to die PFFFFT hahaha please this is a PvE players dream game , everyone that supports the game sees potential for it , you however thinks it will die along with a few others BECAUSE yous are merely distracted by the so-called-things that you see negative with this game

if its not your game then FFS just leave no need to get your thong in a twist

Great attitude.  Players like you are why this game will be reduced to just the hardcore audience shortly after launch following the 5/10 reviews, to disappear as another forgotten launch title.

PvE players dream?  Oh yes, all the gamers I know simply LOVE grinding and stat obesity.  That's the most fun anyone could ever have! (said no gamer ever).

I see plenty of POTENTIAL for this game.  But DE must embrace the potential and make some serious changes. 

So instead of making a good argument you deteriorate to name calling and claiming I somehow attacked you on a personal level.

Jwr5tCK.gif

dont worry i got called out as being negatively hostile in another thread , that i was having a perfectly fine constructive discussion with him because i point out the obvious his suggestion was totally broken

Don't bother with these jackasses, Baker. Just ignore them.

They just can't seem to grasp the concept of a FEEDBACK forum, and then viciously defend the game from any thing that they see as an attack on their precious game.

Edited by Brimir

They just can't seem to grasp the concept of a FEEDBACK forum, and then viciously defend the game from what they see as an attack on their precious game.

I know...it's crazy.  I haven't had this kind of reaction since Brink (Read: Epic Trainwreck).

It's like they grab onto their frame and hold on saying "Don't touch my baby!"

Great attitude.  Players like you are why this game will be reduced to just the hardcore audience shortly after launch following the 5/10 reviews, to disappear as another forgotten launch title.

PvE players dream?  Oh yes, all the gamers I know simply LOVE grinding and stat obesity.  That's the most fun anyone could ever have! (said no gamer ever).

I see plenty of POTENTIAL for this game.  But DE must embrace the potential and make some serious changes. 

lol you seriously call that a attitude , man now i know youre new , and oh yes i completely forgot everyone player including your self think you  can get everyone the first couple of days you start play , like you demand you get everything even if you complain and moan about it

also 5/10 :/

oh great a gamespot review fan... Great just what we need a guy that thinks reviews define the game

Edited by DiBBz

They just can't seem to grasp the concept of a FEEDBACK forum, and then viciously defend the game from what they see as an attack on their precious game.

is this guy for real , does he even know that we are giving him feedback :D

lol you seriously call that a attitude , man now i know youre new , and oh yes i completely forgot everyone player including your self think you  can get everyone the first couple of days you start play , like you demand you get everything even if you complain and moan about it

also 5/10 :/

oh great a gamespot review fan... Great just what we need a guy that thinks review define the game

Um...what?

Monster Hunter is actually the perfect example, but I'm not quite sure you understand how the grind in that game is far worse than you realize. I probably put more total hours into the original and the recent Tri than Warframe and still didn't quite make it to the top tier missions in Tri (Deviljo owns you without armor at his level). The entire game is about getting those rare carves off a particular monster as well as farming additional resources on the side in order to make the best gear and weapons. Works almost the same as here when you think about it, since bosses here all drop Warframe part blueprints, and resource collection is necessary to manufacture weapons and warframes. You even need to farm missions on particular maps (i.e. Swamp, Tundra, or Forest and Hills) in order to find the best spots to farm insects, planets, and fish.

Obviously there is no comparison to gameplay, as it's an entirely different genre.

The reality of this game is that all the mods drop from certain pools. For instance, if you're after Speed Trigger or Split Chamber, start hacking away at the Grineer. If you actually play the game, you will run into it, provided you're actually playing in tier 3 and not hanging around Mercury the entire time. Things like Endless Defense and Mobile Defense are your best bets simply because of enemy numbers and concentration, as well as the reward every 5 waves. I ran into Thunderbolt 4 times last weekend on Xini, for instance. Pretty sure I have every other possible rare from the Infestation drop table. So much so that I found it strange people wanted to quit at wave 5 or 10 for a Streamline or Flow. Simply playing the game more will yield these as long as you start hitting higher tiers of the right faction!

Is there too much RNG? At certain points in this game's history, it may have been. Tweaks have occurred here and there to account for bugged drops for instance. Personally, I'd much rather play the game then attempt to farm X mod for days on end. RNG doesn't care how long you've played, and never will, but you can make your attempts to score other mods by fighting other factions. The higher the level, the more readily you'll come across those mods you don't see in the lower level planets.

If you can't put up with the little bit of farming you got to do then just simply don't play the game, in one t2 void run i have gotten flow, focus, community, streamline, split chamber, and barrel diffusion.

Don't say I got lucky or I am lucky.

Because I am not lucky or get lucky, i simply take my time and search every inch of the T2 void, sometimes it takes 30 min to an hour sometimes i spend 4 hours in one run.

If you want rare mods go to the places that ill drop them.

If you can't put up with the little bit of farming you got to do then just simply don't play the game, in one t2 void run i have gotten flow, focus, community, streamline, split chamber, and barrel diffusion.

Don't say I got lucky or I am lucky.

Because I am not lucky or get lucky, i simply take my time and search every inch of the T2 void, sometimes it takes 30 min to an hour sometimes i spend 4 hours in one run.

If you want rare mods go to the places that ill drop them.

Little bit of farming?  This game is entirely based on farming and grinding....it IS Warframe.