Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The future of "Competitive" clans

Stoner

Hello all, with the announcement made by DE about removing raids this week, I wanted to talk about the future of competitive clans since raids are an important activity for them. It is yet another thing that gets removed along with event leaderboards which makes it extremely hard to remain competitive as a clan. Really hope this change doesn't go through but after seeing the devstream, I fear it will no matter how loud we are. 

I want to know, if you're leading a clan, what is your plan for the future? How will you compensate for the lack of competitive activities? I have honestly... zero idea what to do anymore. I'm not sure where DE is going with all this. The new Dark Sector demo looked neat, but who knows when it'll be ready. We need more... 

i am actually a warlord of the shadow clan dicht on my main account and as it seems our clan will simply die and people will quit the game since we used to be a competitive raid and speedrun clan, warframe seems to become a hostile place for competitiveness

26 minutes ago, mr.RazZer said:

i am actually a warlord of the shadow clan dicht on my main account and as it seems our clan will simply die and people will quit the game since we used to be a competitive raid and speedrun clan, warframe seems to become a hostile place for competitiveness

Yea its extremely unfortunate. Sadly DE seems to make the game more towards "casuals" and less towards the competitive type of players that are looking for a challenge.

20 hours ago, Stoner said:

want to know, if you're leading a clan, what is your plan for the future? How will you compensate for the lack of competitive activities? I have honestly... zero idea what to do anymore.

I didn't realize the competative aspect of clans was so big.  Everyone I play with, and everyone in my clan care not a whit for leaderboards.  We do care about the Trials, and ran them everyday.  The main purpose of the clan was for access to the research.  

The closest we came to caring about competative was the Ignis wraith bp I think or whenever in order to actually get something (other than a trophy- but research etc) we needed to be in the top n-percent. Which we always did with no issue.

I guess the bigger question (or broader) is "with the lack of end-game - no matter how you define it (leaderboards, trials for fun, dark sector, pick your poison) what is the plan for the future of long term players for whom fashion frame ISN'T actually endgame.  I have no answer for that - I've seen many players move on to different games and suspect I'll see many more. At the same time, maybe new players are coming in for the new content as fast or faster as people are leaving and from a biz perspective, thats a tradeoff DE is willing to make.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

At the same time, maybe new players are coming in for the new content as fast or faster as people are leaving and from a biz perspective, thats a tradeoff DE is willing to make.

It's a matter of time untill new players flow starts to decrease and the inhability to keep players into the game starts to get noticed.

POE and destiny 2's failure accompanied by DE good business pratices compared to all the loot box and microtransactions hiting a new level of toxic, allowed them to become even more famous than before.

But fame comes and goes, with no content to keep players into the game for longer periods of time, the stream of new players will keep going down and it will eventually not be enough to replace the veterans leaving this game.

You can't make everything a open world map and pretend it's new, specially when the plains are already geting boring as it is (new teralysts helped alot though I admit), new weapons and even frames are not enough to keep players in. There clearly needs to be something more, even raids haven't been enough for a while. 

It's gona take a while though, untill its noticeable in terms of affecting DE finacially, but staying on this road it will come eventually.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:25 PM, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I guess the bigger question (or broader) is "with the lack of end-game - no matter how you define it (leaderboards, trials for fun, dark sector, pick your poison) what is the plan for the future of long term players for whom fashion frame ISN'T actually endgame.  I have no answer for that - I've seen many players move on to different games and suspect I'll see many more. At the same time, maybe new players are coming in for the new content as fast or faster as people are leaving and from a biz perspective, thats a tradeoff DE is willing to make.

See the thing is, new players often reach MR2 or 3 then leave. Are they really favoring this kind of player over the vets who stuck with their game for years? If so... I'm speechless man.. Its not right. 

On 2/10/2018 at 4:05 PM, ---RV---Maniac said:

You can't make everything a open world map and pretend it's new, specially when the plains are already geting boring as it is (new teralysts helped alot though I admit), new weapons and even frames are not enough to keep players in. There clearly needs to be something more, even raids haven't been enough for a while. 

It's gona take a while though, untill its noticeable in terms of affecting DE finacially, but staying on this road it will come eventually.

Guess its subjective but new Eidolons really didn't help with the PoE boredom. The actual fight is very similar to the normal Teralyst. Also yes, there needs more. Like revamping systems that needs fixing. Like *cough* clans *cough*. I said it so many times but one day they will have to stop making new content and actually working on the stuff that they themselves left in the dust for too long.