Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lures leaving before the eidolon does at day time Taralyst fight

Wolfgang11

So something that is pissing me off is when your about to capture the eidolon, day is coming, he's almost dead, but the lures disappear before you can capture him so you don't get the best rewards.

I was so close to  capturing in the Megalyst, but because the lures left, my team got screwed over and had to kill it so we didn't get the riven transmuter.

I don't think it's a bug, but just bad programming on DE's part.

This is something that they really need to fix so that people don't continue to get screwed over by the game.

Edited by Wolfgang11

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang11 said:

So something that is pissing me off is when your about to capture the eidolon, day is coming, he's almost dead, but the lures disappear before you can capture him so you don't get the best rewards.

I was so close to  capturing in the Megalyst, my team got screwed over because the lures left.

I don't think it's a bug, but just bad programming on DE's part.

This is something that they really need to fix so that people don't continue to get screwed over by the game.

i hate to break it to you, but half teh stuff de does screws over players. it might not always be you but it will happen

1 minute ago, jd2fs said:

hate to break it to you. If you have to spend the whole night and still run out of time, your team just weren't good enough. Those seconds at the end is not going make that much of a difference.

he never said he STARTED at the start of night, just that he couldnt finish it before night ran out..... nice job insulting a person asking for help man

3 minutes ago, Licitaqua said:

he never said he STARTED at the start of night, just that he couldnt finish it before night ran out..... nice job insulting a person asking for help man

Then they should have started at beginning of the night. The fight average about a night work. If the team started late, it's their fault.

Look the same thing happened to me as well but I don't fault DE. My team just weren't good enough to kill it.

Edited by jd2fs

Then they should have started at beginning of the night. The fight average about a night work. If the team started late, it's their fault.

if you are taking up a whole night to fightt these teralysts you really are not using good gear.... i can 1 hit limbs and clear these basically solo in a shorter time frame

Just now, Licitaqua said:

if you are taking up a whole night to fightt these teralysts you really are not using good gear.... i can 1 hit limbs and clear these basically solo in a shorter time frame

Then good for you. Maybe DE should lower the amount of time per day instead of lengthen it as suggested by OP.

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang11 said:

Whether or not my team suck doesn't matter, even a good team would have the same thing happen to them if they got in a little late.

All I'm saying is that DE should change the time that the lures despawn to match the time that the eidolon does

Doesn't matter. Just complete it by the time lures despawn. If your team started late, then it is your team's fault for not slotting enough time.

DE has big design issues they need to address and this isn't even close to any of those other issues. They actually slotted the fight duration pretty well.

Edited by jd2fs

Doesn't matter. Just complete it by the time lures despawn. If your team started late, then it is your team's fault for not slotting enough time.

Team skill or timing isn't the point of my post. What I'm pointing out is a pretty obvious programming error.

1 minute ago, Wolfgang11 said:

Team skill or timing isn't the point of my post. What I'm pointing out is a pretty obvious programming error.

No you're just pissed that you didn't get the reward after a hard fight. I've been many of time. It happens. Get over it.

No you're just pissed that you didn't get the reward after a hard fight. I've been many of time. It happens. Get over it.

Yes, I said I'm pissed. That's the reason I'm making this post.

I just feel they should do that because it would make sense game play wise.

It's not bad programming or a bug. It is working as intended, and has been well documented by the community as part of eidolon hunting. 

The lures despawn before the eidolon does, so that it has the opportunity to escape. If you're slow, it always denies you a capture (that night), but doesn't neccessarily prevent a kill if you're on the last stage of the fight. I don't see how you could think this is an error when it's clearly serving a function.

As for changing it, I disagree as it is currently has a useful purpose in damage-gating the content, and enforcing a bonus condition for completing the mission with an additional reward. Any competent game designer would make the same decision - reward players for putting in extra effort and performing above and beyond the baseline expectation, but don't punish the players who can't.

It sucks that you missed out on the capture, but you still got the kill. If you want the capture, learn from your mistakes, double check your loadout, tighten up your team work/composition, and try again.

Edited by (PS4)TH3NAML3SS
typo

@(PS4)TH3NAML3SS that's actually a pretty good argument, not going to lie.

A part of me still feels like they should leave at the same time (or give a better explanation in-game for why they leave instead of waiting for the eidolon to leave), but you do make a really good point. My reason why is because lures don't necessarily trap something, they just bring them to you. I'd feel like the eidolon would still be able to flee into the water with the lures around it.

Regardless. Just a post I made trying to figure out why something like this would be programmed this way (as an error, bug or intentionally).

So thank you for giving me a proper response instead of the "get good" crap.

Edited by Wolfgang11

I'm sorry for your loss but the lures actually stay for 50min, which is the full night duration.

The only reason why the terraryst don't disappear immediately when the 50min ends is because it only despawns near the water and it takes time for it to walk there.

In other words, your team has exceeded the allocated time for the mission which is 50min.

In normal circumstances and in other missions, particularly sortie survival or spy, the mission will be failed.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO