Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha QOL Tweaks to all his abilities (Please Give Feedback <3)

Trickst3rGawd

5 minutes ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Hmm..you're a bit wrong. See I have another Nezha thread going on, and about 9 other people are prioritizing my "stupidness" :D :O...as well as oh o.o the multiple repliers.

Reread the post you quoted, you find that it says something different and you wasted time posting all this :)

Also check the timestamps if you want...

Edited by Sorise

6 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Request: As well as the reduced drain, have fire width and sprint speed scale with range and strength respectively ( Sometimes when I run around or through enemies to cc with fire walker I sometimes miss an enemy due to how skinny fire walker's radius is. I'd like to see if be affected by range and unfurl..more like a wave of fire behind him, or at least in a cone.)

I think his Firewalker ability is practically perfect IMO, I honestly don't want any changes to this at all. Adding range to the equation is only asking for problems to arise and forcing Nezha to worry more about how to mod. His speed all ready lets him spread that glorious fire everywhere with no issue. If they had to make a change to this at all I would be okay with speed scaling with strength. The augment for this ability is probably my favorite augment in the game, no doubt.

Request: Give Blazing Chakram the "bladestorm treatment". Allow us to mark enemies then the Blazing Chakram will auto target the enemies we mark. If we choose not to target enemies we can still use it to teleport. Also make the teleport a bit more smooth, and make this ability scale with range. Hold 2 to mark enemies and release to launch it. This will allow for fun, cc, and mass healing once allies kill the targets.

This sounds weird but possibly really cool, let me share my take on what needs to be done with Blazing Chakram. While Firewalker is active Blazing Chakram should create a line of fire when thrown mimicking Firewalker. The base range should increased to somewhere around 15m at least and the speed it travels should be increased slightly as well. The healing affects of this ability should heal Warding Halo as well as health. Lastly when I teleport to Blazing Chakram and I have Firewalker active it shouldn't turn off my Firewalker. It should still do the flame burst thing while Firewalker is active, but it shouldn't deactivate my ability, this massively hampers the use if his Pyroclastic Flow augment. 

Request: make it bigger , scale with range mods,change it from an iron skin effect to a self centered area of effect damage mitigater that works on self and allies in the radius while scaling up to 95% with some strength mods. This would give him a good bit of survivability because his health and shields are already low. This will also serve to make him a better supportive player with his wading halo augment.

This is another ability that I think is mostly fine as is, but it could use a few QoL changes. Range should never be factored into this ability, it should just be a base 3m (one meter larger than it is currently). The animation should be drastically sped up to avoid dying while casting. One extra second during the invulnerable phase of this ability would go a long way as well for survivability. If you want to support the team with this ability then use his Safeguard augment. I don't think your purposed change sounds terrible, but it would make the Safeguard augment useless or broken depending on how you look at it.

7 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Request: scrap the second animation (where he drops enemies to the ground or the ability ends) and instead of keeping that we can make it to where casting it again picks up new enemies that are in the area, similar to Equinox's sleep.

I'm pretty much right there with you on this change. Scrap that damn animation it's totally unneeded and just a huge hamper to Nezha. I would like to add another change that I think would be amazing to this ability though. Someone else suggested this so I can't take the credit, but IMO it's genius and simple. Any damage done to the spears also damages the target. This doesn't seem like a huge deal, but it is, let me explain why. This ability lifts enemies off the ground, Nezha's Firewalker creates flames on the ground, pretty much this negates the flames of Firewalker (what was DE thinking). Also sometimes (not in all cases) it can be difficult to land melee attacks, depending on the animation the attack will slip right under the target. If damage dealt to the spears transferred to the target being held this would clear up this problem. 

Nezha holds a place in my top 3 favorite frames with Ivara and Volt, I can't choose which one I love the most. I would love to see some QoL tweaks come his way, and I'm always happy to see people posting about him. Thanks for posting it's always nice to see what people think should be changed, and I always have fun posting my two cents on the subject. Thanks for reading everything I had to say if you got this far, and happy hunting Tenno! 

28 minutes ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

I think his Firewalker ability is practically perfect IMO, I honestly don't want any changes to this at all. Adding range to the equation is only asking for problems to arise and forcing Nezha to worry more about how to mod. His speed all ready lets him spread that glorious fire everywhere with no issue. If they had to make a change to this at all I would be okay with speed scaling with strength. The augment for this ability is probably my favorite augment in the game, no doubt.

This sounds weird but possibly really cool, let me share my take on what needs to be done with Blazing Chakram. While Firewalker is active Blazing Chakram should create a line of fire when thrown mimicking Firewalker. The base range should increased to somewhere around 15m at least and the speed it travels should be increased slightly as well. The healing affects of this ability should heal Warding Halo as well as health. Lastly when I teleport to Blazing Chakram and I have Firewalker active it shouldn't turn off my Firewalker. It should still do the flame burst thing while Firewalker is active, but it shouldn't deactivate my ability, this massively hampers the use if his Pyroclastic Flow augment. 

This is another ability that I think is mostly fine as is, but it could use a few QoL changes. Range should never be factored into this ability, it should just be a base 3m (one meter larger than it is currently). The animation should be drastically sped up to avoid dying while casting. One extra second during the invulnerable phase of this ability would go a long way as well for survivability. If you want to support the team with this ability then use his Safeguard augment. I don't think your purposed change sounds terrible, but it would make the Safeguard augment useless or broken depending on how you look at it.

I'm pretty much right there with you on this change. Scrap that damn animation it's totally unneeded and just a huge hamper to Nezha. I would like to add another change that I think would be amazing to this ability though. Someone else suggested this so I can't take the credit, but IMO it's genius and simple. Any damage done to the spears also damages the target. This doesn't seem like a huge deal, but it is, let me explain why. This ability lifts enemies off the ground, Nezha's Firewalker creates flames on the ground, pretty much this negates the flames of Firewalker (what was DE thinking). Also sometimes (not in all cases) it can be difficult to land melee attacks, depending on the animation the attack will slip right under the target. If damage dealt to the spears transferred to the target being held this would clear up this problem. 

Nezha holds a place in my top 3 favorite frames with Ivara and Volt, I can't choose which one I love the most. I would love to see some QoL tweaks come his way, and I'm always happy to see people posting about him. Thanks for posting it's always nice to see what people think should be changed, and I always have fun posting my two cents on the subject. Thanks for reading everything I had to say if you got this far, and happy hunting Tenno! 

WOAHHHH THAT IDEA FOR DIVINE SPEARS WOULD BE SICK! Btw no problem man :o

4 hours ago, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

That divine spears idea is what it should have been from the beginning. Just yes. All the yes

Would anyone be opposed to taking the heal from Blazing Chakram and moving it to Firewalker? Right now it can cleanse allies and proc heat on enemies... doesn't really do that much. How about, If allies come into contact with Nezha's flames, they will receive healing over Firewalker's duration. Walking into fire again will refresh its timer. I think it'd make Nezha's heal easier to apply to allies, since all he has to do is run around. Allies are much more likely to receive a heal from Nezha by walking over his fire than being near an enemy killed after being hit by Blazing Chakram anyways.

• 2 months later...

This thread is pretty great.
I also am in the camp Halo shouldn't be damage mitigation. I've got a brief summary of the changes I'd personally make and have suggested in other places in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Firewalker needs the path width to be affected by ability range. Especially his augment. Augment could be made easier to aim through a hold to preview, have more base duration and range (double distance and width affected by ability range) as well.
Nezha's Blazing Chakram does need improving. It's easily his least useful ability. It's usable but very rarely useful. Augment should also be built in. Healing Halo would be good, even if only through an augment, needs to have flightspeed and range boosted by ability range, be 1 handed, not end Firewalker, and retain momentum. Bigger explosion radius and at least 50m range heal on base. Requires too much setup to have so little range and damage.
Warding Halo could use 2 more seconds on invulnerability period, and it should begin instantly on cast. Give it a decast animation so it's recastable. Range mods should have double the effect on his stun/slash halo.
Divine Spears shouldn't be a status effect so it's not destroyed by healers and Nullifiers, 1 hand cast/1 animation not 2, pin flying enemies to the ground and have damage synergies with his other abilities.
It's a long list but relatively small basic changes that would make him a nice all rounder. Currently he's really good. He could just be made to perform better in higher level situations. He's a little too dependent on weapon setups.

It's all pretty simple, I prefer to boost Wading Halo's stun capacity personally. I'm in favour of using range to affect him more because it's gives more build diversity, but to be clear I think all his abilities need a range they can't go below. Like the path for Firewalker should only be able to be made wider not narrower than it is, and the distance & speed Blazing Chakram flies should also only increase. Make the teleport an actual usable teleport.

And similarly I like

On 2/12/2018 at 8:06 PM, deliciousdoobmaster69 said:

Any damage done to the spears also damages the target.

I just also add that spears always pin to the ground, so flying enemies aren't sitting in the air as Nezha can only use Divine Spears or BC on flying enemies and BC hitting flying enemies is cool, but too low of damage or CC to do much making flying enemies a bit of a weak point.