Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gentle Reminder- Atlas Titanic Rumbler Augment is still awful

Buzkyl

Even post-rework, this augment is still very much underwhelming in performance

1.  It's health is lower than that of 2 Rumblers. Combine with the aggro it creates, this Rumbler dies faster than 2 normal ones. Which makes little sense.

2. Despite drawing aggro, because rumblers created 2 entities you usually are able to displace more enemies by having more of them on the field. This augment instead gives you 1 stoney friend. While it's aggro is noticeable it is unfortunately not enough to make up for the lost of the other Rumbler.

What can be done about it?

1.Allow %of damage redirected to Atlas/Allies be instead redirected to the Titanic Rumbler in range.

2. A visual indicator of it's aggro range would be a welcomed addition along with potentially allowing it to be affected by range mods.

3. Allow the ground slams of the Titanic Rumbler to Petrify enemies in a small radius. 

4. On death the Rumbler should drop considerably more rubble compared to 2 Rumblers. 150-200 seems like a fair amount.

5. The simplest change. Give it x2 Rumbler's HP as a default. You shouldn't be sacrificing 2 allies for 1 and that one ally is less viable than the 2 you sacrificed.

Edited by Buzkyl

1 hour ago, Hyperdrome said:

Ive only used augments on a few frames, the most popular being [Pilfering Swarm].

Duality mixed with ranged Calm/Frenzy is good on Equinox. CC plus good DPS. It's interesting since it actually has better AI now. It actually got a stealth buff to duration. Scales with duration mods. 

16 hours ago, Skaleek said:

There's just so many bad augments, I've never seen DE buff augments unless its during a frames rework, so I guess now's the time to push it. Take my +1 for the little its worth.

The closest atlas got was the nerf to Ore Gaze. Which I guess saw coming since Petrify got a massive QoL buff. 

Considering Rumblers themselves weren't touched at all during the revisit. It wouldn't surprise me DE forgot to look at the augment. Anyway the support is appreciated.

Edited by Buzkyl

I can't think of any augment that is worse than Titanic Rumbler.

You get a weaker, less durable and much slower Decoy, with arguably less Decoy-potential than the base ability...

All other augments that are bad don't purely NERF the ability. For example:

Swing Line -> Yes, it's a pointless augment mod and a waste of a slot, but it makes your Ripline ability better in some way at least.
Pool of Life -> Same as Swing Line; It's a bad augment, but it's at least not a nerf to the ability.
Beguiling Lantern -> Again, same deal; Bad and near unusable augment, but at least improves the ability.
Target Fixation -> Once more; Near unusuable and pointless augment, but it at least adds something to the ability (although this is probably the 2nd worst augment in the game, because who uses Tailwind for damage??)

So, again, while there are some seriously bad augments in the game (and plenty which have downsides to them), none are as detrimental as Titanic Rumbler.

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I can't think of any augment that is worse than Titanic Rumbler.

This. Not only is it not worth the mod space, it actually makes the ability worse in every scenario. Atlas could have a free extra mod space only for this and I would not want it equipped.

1) Make the augment give the two rumblers aggro

2) Or keep it what it is now but also turn Rumbler skill into duration rather than health and duration. 

3 hours ago, MuscleBeach said:

2) Or keep it what it is now but also turn Rumbler skill into duration rather than health and duration. 

Or on the other side, have the augment turn the skill into Health only so at the very least the skill isn't a complete nerf to the base ability.

i actually think the augment is rather good

even with a lil more health the rumbler would still die easily but that s not a problem because we want rumblers to die so we can pick up bonus armor/ health those scale with the the max hp if i remember right 

it s also easier to track this one rumbler and pick up those rocks once it dies compared to 2 rumbler rndly running around bet ween enemies

the reduced speed seems to be an issue though

another pov would be changing the augment into spawning more weaker rumblers which would also increase pick uprate of rocks and hlp atlas in stacking armor

2 hours ago, Lord_Yawgmoth said:

because we want rumblers to die

Uh, what? no, we don't want Rumblers to die. We want them to be useful. 100 Energy for 50 armor is terrible (and you have to run to where it died and no it doesn't scale with mods). 

2 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

Or on the other side, have the augment turn the skill into Health only so at the very least the skill isn't a complete nerf to the base ability.

Considering how quickly a single rumbler that can aggro goes down, I wouldn't use it if it was health based. 

58 minutes ago, MuscleBeach said:

Considering how quickly a single rumbler that can aggro goes down, I wouldn't use it if it was health based. 

It being health base would allow Atlas more leeway in Tanking as he wold need to focus less on duration as his Rumbler won't fade away after 30 seconds. However making it health base should be one of several possible changes that the augment should receive.