The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mother Of All Rants..

Hayden11121

People should stop lying to themselves about the stealth attack. It'll never be a good piece of stealth mechanics.

It sucks as anything but a flourish. 

Because of the scaling of enemies no matter now much damage it does it'll NEVER truly be enough. If it was a 'Stealth kill' it'd kill enemies outright as its the only way to guarantee not to punish players for using it by having the victim survive it.

It needs to be changed. Instead of requiring the enemy to be unaware it simply needs to be possible at any time simply by being in the sweet spot behind the enemy.

Break it away from stealth and allow it to be used in normal gameplay if the positioning is right.

Agree on the number of enemies.

Take a ME3 mp for example, any given time, you're pitted against only 8 ai.

But phantoms, banshies, primes, oh man, they could really eff you up in no time.

Even a basic trooper could mess you up if you're not careful.

DE should really take a lesson from ME and take that route instead of mindless zergrush.

Stealth attacks get the advantage of being properly aimed at vitals with little resistance in anyway from the target. I.e. you can EASILY line up that decapitation, or heart stab, or whatever, if they're not aware of you. (but yes, stealth system should be focused on stealth, but that doesn't mean it can't have stealth kills)

im not saying no to stealth kills in general. im just saying it shouldnt be a guaranteed armor and difficulty defying kill. im all for exponentially increased damage.

good example of stealth kill mechanic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOhTia5x43c  (not my vid)

Just like Kvo points out..... try to name stealth games where you can attack the enemies and you DON'T one hit kill the enemies (with stealth approach)? It makes total sense that if you approach stealthy to an enemy you will assassinate on the spot or knock him out. It's common sense.

Also, there's actually no reward into playing stealth... while that's not the way i like to play, they should be more rewarding with stealth gameplay if they plan to make it part of the game-play.

well, i throw deus ex: human revolution at you :P

heavies in the game can be instakilled up close after acquiring certain perks (if i recall)  always. [thanks @Eisvogel]  , but my main point is that they are heavily armored, and a single shot to the head usually just alerts them, so taking them out requires more skill.

also, it is possible that your stealth attack can fail completely:

i just dont see 100% successful stealth attacks when enemies have very good/high armor.

and i do agree that theres currently no reward (its a deficit actually) to playing stealthily. they definitely need to rework rewards for stealthy play if they plan on making it a viable option for players.

Edited by the3rdK

-snip-

I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution! But you are wrong friend xD, i don't know what you remember... but you can use takedown on the enemies and you will always knock them out. The only thing you can't do (you get countered) is bosses, which makes perfect sense... you can't expect to 1 hit kill bosses, they are bosses for a reason and you are supposed to fight :P.

I loved Deus Ex: Human Revolution! But you are wrong friend xD, i don't know what you remember... but you can use takedown on the enemies and you will always knock them out. The only thing you can't do (you get countered) is bosses, which makes perfect sense... you can't expect to 1 hit kill bosses, they are bosses for a reason and you are supposed to fight :P.

lol. hence the "(if i recall)". but im certain headshots with the silenced pistol dont kill the heavy machine gunners. at least not on hard.

thanks anyway. will edit and scratch out my nonsense.

and theres actually a boss in the game you CAN insta-kill :P

lol. hence the "(if i recall)". but im certain headshots with the silenced pistol dont kill the heavy machine gunners. at least not on hard.

thanks anyway. will edit and scratch out my nonsense.

and theres actually a boss in the game you CAN insta-kill :P

I only played it on last difficulty (as usual with games i play), i don't recall killing most of the enemies with weapons.... but then again, i never went gunz blazing on that game, the stealth approach was much more enjoyable. But that's ok, the main point is for a melee stealth attack to knock/neutralize any enemy instead of just "hurting" it, it's reasonable.

About the boss.... i played the game long ago.... but i think i missed that one, don't recall insta killing any boss.

I only played it on last difficulty (as usual with games i play), i don't recall killing most of the enemies with weapons.... but then again, i never went gunz blazing on that game, the stealth approach was much more enjoyable. But that's ok, the main point is for a melee stealth attack to knock/neutralize any enemy instead of just "hurting" it, it's reasonable.

About the boss.... i played the game long ago.... but i think i missed that one, don't recall insta killing any boss.

SPOILER ALERT!!

yh. its not so straightforward, but if you dont get the chip change in hengsha that lets the woman remote control you, your screen isnt all fckd up when you fight the bald naked dude and you can instakill him:

all the Lulz.

SPOILER ALERT!!

yh. its not so straightforward, but if you dont get the chip change in hengsha that lets the woman remote control you, your screen isnt all fckd up when you fight the bald naked dude and you can instakill him:

all the Lulz.

LOL xD

Well ranted OP, I agree with some of your points re: ammo efficiency and RNG. Valid thoughts all around, a good change from your nonsense posts/threads and trolling in the past. :)

I'm still baffled as to why all ammo pickups give the same value myself. 

RNG is a sweet devil promising riches and fortune but you're completely at the mercy of her whims. I've been playing 4+ months and put in 650+ hours (according to Steam), and I have only gotten something good from login rewards a grand total of....once, one Forma. All the other times its frame XP, weapon xp, countless Gorgon/Dual Zoren/Glaive blueprints.

A token system to alleviate RNG frustration was long discussed, is that still, or ever, being considered? I guess I was considerably lucky to have acquired all the parts and BP's for the new post-U9 prime weapons within 3 weeks or so, but I did go through 10 void key packs from the market for it, and probably taking part in 15 other runs shared by my clanmates. I'm pretty sure a lot of players out there have spent more on void key packs and are still hoping in vain for that Braton Prime barrel, Paris Prime string, etc.

At this point I'm already close to rank 12, maxed out every frame and 99% of the weapons (last one remaining is the Orthos Prime). Sometimes playing feels masochistic because of RNG issues but I can still have fun goofing around in the dojo, trying out unorthodox playstyles and so on. It's probably a matter of time before burnout catches up to me so I'm hoping for something really fresh - be it gameplay changes, and the much-needed bug, matchmaking and UI fixes.

The Suggestions reply has been introduced. The second placeholder will be for players to message me their quips with the game, and for me to put them on display.

For the sake of the Tenno Witness Protection Program, I am leaving every name out of the original posts, if they care to dig through this thread then good for them, but I am not posting public names here. This isn't a "Who makes what idea and copyrights" it thread.

It's just a rant thread which is now taking suggestions :D

Who am I and why am I writing this?

I am Hayden, I have 400+ hours on this game,

That is your real problem right there. You have been playing too much. As a minimum you have put in 4+ hours every single day since you created your account. That is equivalent of about 5 or 6 normal titles nowadays. There is no real surprise in you feeling burnt out.

Here is a truth of modern F2P games, they are not designed to cater for players who play that many hours. Most players with that much time to spend in game will grind for things and will also burn out and stop spending money. F2P games are designed for the much higher numbers of casual players who play now and then, those players won't play a subscription game as they don't feel they get value for their sub. But they will spend some money each month on a game to speed things up, and there is a huge potential market of those players.

Edited by Silvershadow66

That is your real problem right there. You have been playing too much. As a minimum you have put in 4+ hours every single day since you created your account. That is equivalent of about 5 or 6 normal titles nowadays. There is no real surprise in you feeling burnt out.

Here is a truth of modern F2P games, they are not designed to cater for players who play that many hours. Most players with that much time to spend in game will grind for things and will also burn out and stop spending money. F2P games are designed for the much higher numbers of casual players who play now and then, those players won't play a subscription game as they don't feel they get value for their sub. But they will spend some money each month on a game to speed things up, and there is a huge potential market of those players.

I've played since u7,I have no idea what you are talking about. I created my forum account later then my actual account/

Something that is starting to get on my nerves is the changes without readjustments. A really good example of this is changing the defense mission levels without re-tiering them. Without adjusting them they have made the rewards in those completely lopsided.

Another thing that is starting to get me steamed is the fact they think that they need to add all this new content. One run through of the new grineer levels to see what it's like will be all that is required, because past that, THERE'S NOTHING TO DO!!! Personally, all I have to do at the moment is farm keys for the missing void weapon parts I am missing, then I will be instantly back to nothing to do. I have plenty of materials, so I don't need to farm those.... Have all the important dojo rooms, so don't need to mess with it.... Have all the weapons, and frame that are worth a damn, so I don't need to farm those... See what I'm getting at?

Lastly, there isn't any mobs to fear in this game, which makes it a mindless blow everything up. A good example of how to do it right would be Mass Effect 3. That coop had mobs that would make you run for your life. Some considered sync kills cheap, but I disagreed. It made players stay on their toes. A simple example of this from the game was a Banshee. After understanding how she worked, you understood that you needed to keep your distance from her while she was teleporting, and covered well when she wasn't. Failure to apply this during teleports resulted in instantly being killed, and getting hit by a big heat seeking warp ball in the other phase. Everything in this game is basically just a bunch of low level troops with different weapons with no special abilities.

Those are my top three rants at the moment.

Since you don't appear to be ON the 'design council', let me enlighten you .... it is almost entirely worthless. There's no special favoritism given to feedback because guess what - the design council isn't allowed to create posts!

The ONLY real thing it offers is the ability to vote on potential changes.... but we're talking like one vote every couple months or so... and  thousands of players on this council, so much so that it represents a large enough sample size that the votes outcomes are essentially identical to any that would occur if the entire playerbase were to vote. So, you may be being left out of a decision, but its a decision that wouldn't change anyways if you were included.

It seems like there is an illusion of preferential treatment.

Edited by Qb3rt