Teralyst (few questions)

(PSN)Chymick006

Question

Ok so I want to know how to kill a teralyst (NOT SOLO),

The frames I have are (all that have a prime are prime):
Frost, Saryn, Volt, Ember, Hydroid, Valkyr, Mirage, Titania and Inaros

Weapons I enjoy using (same prime rule):
Soma, Tigris, Sybaris, Akstileto, Akbronco

What would be best? What's the best damage, and what would be my role in the team? what gear should I bring? Should I bother keeping Titania?

17 answers to this question

Volt is a warframe that is good for buffing damage in Eidolon captures. You don't need a special build because you just need to put up a bunch of shields for people to shoot through.

Sadly shotguns and fast firing guns (like the soma and akstileto) aren't good against the eidolon because it is immune to statues. A sniper or the opticor built for radiation (because for some reason the eidolon takes +75% damage from radiation even tho it's immune the status effects) is a good bet. 

limited choice there, but volt is your best bet, build for duration and survivability, all you need in his kit is shield, you can have 6 shields stacked for 300% extra elect damage added to weapon, add natural talent if u want, optional

For weapon you need rad and crit, so whatever you want that has highest crit chance and make it pure radiation/crit build

Basically what you will do is set up a shield, jump into operator, fire amp through 1 shield til eidolon shields drop, then slap down 6 shields on top of each other, and fire through shield stack at limbs, rinse and repeat

3 minutes ago, MuttonJohn said:

Volt is a warframe that is good for buffing damage in Eidolon captures. You don't need a special build because you just need to put up a bunch of shields for people to shoot through.

Sadly shotguns and fast firing guns (like the soma and akstileto) aren't good against the eidolon because it is immune to statues. A sniper or the opticor built for radiation (because for some reason the eidolon takes +75% damage from radiation even tho it's immune the status effects) is a good bet. 

Oh Ok, Well I can go Volt, and I can go get an Opticor. I would love to have Vectis Prime in my weapons but it's vaulted and most people I've seen trading the parts have high prices. Is it easy to find a group looking for a Volt?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

Oh Ok, Well I can go Volt, and I can go get an Opticor. I would love to have Vectis Prime in my weapons but it's vaulted and most people I've seen trading the parts have high prices. Is it easy to find a group looking for a Volt?

Yeah, people will often be looking for a volt (I think when they ask for a buff, it means a chroma, a rhino, a Octavia, or a volt). I personally use a normal Vectis (because of Charged Chamber), but I see you are a man of culture as well using only primes, so an Opticor works.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb MuttonJohn:

It is immune to its effect, not the damage type, people often confuse that, Radiation as example still does Radiation damge, the status itself is the proc applying to confuse enemys, same for enemys who are not resistance to fire, fire is sitll effective evne without status chance. So a pure Status damage is possible without effect or proc.

Edited by Marine027

7 minutes ago, MuttonJohn said:

Yeah, people will often be looking for a volt (I think when they ask for a buff, it means a chroma, a rhino, a Octavia, or a volt). I personally use a normal Vectis (because of Charged Chamber), but I see you are a man of culture as well using only primes, so an Opticor works.

Yes and no, I only keep the Prime variants, everything else is kinda like mastery fodder to me, I'm sure I'm missing some great weapons like Jat kitag (or whatever the F that hammer is called) but I prefer Fragor prime, it just looks cool.

Would Volt (P) fair better with Opticor or Vectis though?

In fact the Volt's shield increase the critical damage of bullets fired through it. So any weapon with high critical chance wil have increased DPS. I often use a lanka, attica or Telos boltor, with a high crit chance, and it does the job well. The best advice I can give is try, maybe solo, to damage the teralyst and see if you damage this monster enough ^^; never be afraid to try new stuff :)

il y a 6 minutes, (PS4)Chymick006 a dit :

Any of these could work well, the moment you have a fair amount of critical chance :)

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

In theory Opticor, because of the high distribution of puncture damage versus vectis/prime, though vectis/prime doesn't need charge time.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

Yeah i just did a basic build (3 forma, pricey, I'll probably keep it though, is it worth end game?)

Stormbringer,Thermite, infected clip, Rime, Heavy caliber, Shred, Split, serration (this is with what I currently have)

8,4 k puncture, 11,8k rad, 11,8k vir
20% crit
66% stat

You can't proc status effects on the Teralyst, so you're better off sticking to straight radiation damage and focusing more on crits.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

You can't proc status effects on the Teralyst, so you're better off sticking to straight radiation damage and focusing more on crits.

I know I was just listing what the crit and stat chances were, the damages were the important bits. hits like a f**king truck, well in theory it does.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

You'd be better off dumping the viral and going with crit mods or increasing your radiation damage instead.

Ah ok, I'm not sure I have all the mods needed (and I'll need 4 freaking formas)
Thermite, hellfire,high voltage,strombringer, Split, point, Serration and Heavy caliber
12k Punc, 42.8k Rad (total 57190 damage) WHAT. THE.F**K?!
50% crit
66% stat

I don't know how to Calculate with Volt's shield but that's going to be crazy strong

Is it worth 4 forma? good endgame? good boss killer?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

Ah ok, I'm not sure I have all the mods needed (and I'll need 4 freaking formas)
Thermite, hellfire,high voltage,strombringer, Split, point, Serration and Heavy caliber
12k Punc, 42.8k Rad (total 57190 damage) WHAT. THE.F**K?!
50% crit
66% stat

I don't know how to Calculate with Volt's shield but that's going to be crazy strong

Is it worth 4 forma? good endgame? good boss killer?

You'll also want to slot Vital Sense in there somewhere (I'd take one of the 60/60 mods out).  You can also think about a mod to increase fire rate.

And, yeah, Opticor is a good weapon.  For other bosses, you could use different elementals and see very good results.

Just now, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

You'll also want to slot Vital Sense in there somewhere (I'd take one of the 60/60 mods out).  You can also think about a mod to increase fire rate.

And, yeah, Opticor is a good weapon.  For other bosses, you could use different elementals and see very good results.

Thanks, Most other weapon I have only 1 or 2 forma this thing is demanding AF