Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Arid Fear Event Is Good =>

Dr_Shadox

Hello all , for begin sorry if my english isn't perfect , i'll try maximum i can for people anderstand me.

Why this event is nice ?

because we must capture 1 scout for contributing and win a reward (hologram badge) , if i've well anderstand.

All long the forum , i see people rage/cry/ask why this event give ONLY a badge , you want know the answer ? ok

When DE make event with drone and fomorian , many people have rage because they don't have the time for have thz minimum score for the reward  (20 drone / 250 fomorian point).

How DE react to that ? make an event where all Tennos will be easy eligible for the reward (capture 1 scout) , with this way , if someone don't have the time to do this event , he/she only lose an badge , and all contributing player will be able to win this the holograme badge , so all tennos will be happy !

People don't understand DE take the decision according to our reactions , 

This decision is purely a proof of listening and attention to us , People may thanks DE for this !

Edit : forget to say something , although I would have preferred an event with best rewards , and I don't blame the lack of "good" reward bye DE, but the players that have made DE to have reacted in this way.
Edited by Xodahs

The rats complain about this event because they don't have the cheese to compel them to run through the maze.

I do concede though, that locking/unlocking content like maps doesn't feel quite right. But then again, seeing how many people are complaining that there are no "rewards", DE probably thought new maps was reward enough.

Edited by EetNotErn

I'm actually having fun with Warframe again because of this event. It's interesting, it has story elements as to why you're doing it in the first place, and we aren't doing Defense missions. (I'm so sick of Defense being the only worthwhile non-Void mission type)

Right, those are "good" points for the event, but the major problem is the grind. You run 2 other (harder) missions to run 1 (easy, lvl 10-11 I think it was) mission for no special reward (after the first run). If/when we win, we just get a NEW area to grind for a weapon, and BOY is THAT new and exciting! (/sarcasm)

Honestly, this is far and away the best event yet based purely on the way it works.

Screw the prize - this is the best event they've held yet.

Eh, mechanics are ok, I personally thought the last one was the best so far in terms of mechanics. Same thing, less grind for access to the mission, and then it encouraged people to work together not only to finish the mission faster, but also get more points.

And then there were the tiered rewards which I personally liked, it was done well, rewarded those that spent lots of time in it, and the rewards were useful.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

If/when we win, we just get a NEW area to grind for a weapon, and BOY is THAT new and exciting! (/sarcasm)

Well... if you dont want new content then what are you doing here?

/rudeness off

You're getting content in a somewhat different manner now. AND yes, grinding ensures, thats kinda the base of the game... Grinding...lots :)

Im glad this isnt a "gimmestuff" event like before. Liked those but the way this goes just fits :)

The rats complain about this event because they don't have the cheese to compel them to run through the maze.

I do concede though, that locking/unlocking content like maps doesn't feel quite right. But then again, seeing how many people are complaining that there are no "rewards", DE probably thought new maps was reward enough.

Its less of a lock than earning an early access pass. If we fail this time DE will bring back another event (or possible repeat this one) in a month or two until we unlock the new stuff. We will get it eventually but if we want it as early as possible we have to put some work in. But it is very nice to see a company that is not pandering to the "I want it now for no effort" crowd.

Well... if you dont want new content then what are you doing here?

/rudeness off

There are better ways to have new content than grind. @(*()$ GRIND EVERYTIME.

You're getting content in a somewhat different manner now.

No, it's just more grind. Slightly different than normal grind, but it's grind still.

AND yes, grinding ensures, thats kinda the base of the game... Grinding...lots :)

If you remove all grinding from WF, what do you have left? Next to nothing. Sure, you got some hard areas (i.e. endless defense which is unbeatable, or T3 void which has the highest enemies non endless defense)

Im glad this isnt a "gimmestuff" event like before. Liked those but the way this goes just fits :)

More personal rewards encourage participation (or even putting something like, "get 10 points, get the badge", because if you run for all of those yourself, that's 30 missions.

Yes , the fomorian event make people playing more together , me (and many friend) have find this awesome.

Also find it awsome that its not just dependant on 3 others, and just getting 250 points to get all the cake.

Now its the entire community that depends on each other in a way. :D /highfive

[...] If we fail this time DE will bring back another event (or possible repeat this one) in a month or two until we unlock the new stuff. We will get it eventually but if we want it as early as possible we have to put some work in. But it is very nice to see a company that is not pandering to the "I want it now for no effort" crowd.

I totally agree with you and hope DE do this if possible.

And about the other past event , like i've already said :

"if people don't have the time for win the minimal score for reward , maybe they don't worthy to receive the reward."

Personally, a multi stage event would be cool, I.e., gather the stuff from the corpus scouts, then sabotage the corpus ships to prevent/break a stranglehold on the new area, then maybe something else (or a few something elses), each one completed unlocks rewards for everyone at the end of the event (with more points = cooler badge reward)

Personally, a multi stage event would be cool, I.e., gather the stuff from the corpus scouts, then sabotage the corpus ships to prevent/break a stranglehold on the new area, then maybe something else (or a few something elses), each one completed unlocks rewards for everyone at the end of the event (with more points = cooler badge reward)

^Take notes devs :P

Totally agree with you there :) Would be a better way to engage the community and make the grind feel more engaging. Have the shared reward outweigh the personal in a sense, and have the personal be more of a "badge" that shows " I did XXXX" in a fancy way ^^