Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Bastion/Mjolnir/Aegis Skin (I can't pick a name xD)

GoldenxHawk

[EDIT] So, it didn't do so well on the workshop at around 50-50%, so I've gone back and updating it. Here it is in it's current state.

8ufjrEGl.pnglIKpzRXl.png

Teaser:

Here's a teaser image of the finished skin. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1378675061

lruinZIh.png

Sculpts:

Spoiler

2wOCQohl.pngZkwAQMzl.png7XWSAxwl.png

Original post:

Spoiler

If my stuff is received well, this is where I'll post update pictures throughout the process of each helmet/skin/etc.

To start things off, here's a submission I made a long while ago that didn't quite make the cut for a few reasons:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1092347026

I have every intention of getting this thing out in one way or another... updates below.

rlTZLpdl.jpg

Edited by GoldenxHawk
Progress Update (added images)

Before reading, note that what I will say is MY of view and can be inexact, so don't take as "what you must" do, especially if it break your concept from your point of view.

I will rapidely explain what are the main problems and then, show a rapid draw on how I would change it. (my photoshop decided to crash during the draw and I didn't save, so will probably do it again tomorrow).

• First, it's too angular and straight to fit the Tenno aestetic. It need to be more organic with curves like other warframes and Tenno weaponary does.
  • The overall design lack of tertiary details to give a good finished look. If you want it to fit the initial Rhino body, try to inspire from the neck, shoulders and elbows.
  • The detailing on material (rougthness, dust, etc...) don't fit the body, giving a weird  final result.

To achieve this result, you will need to use a 3D sculpting software such as Zbrush or Sculptris to give the organic and try to give a semin straight look to parts that need by smoothing them a lot. This require a lot of time but the result will certainly look more Warframe after some practice.

I sculpted until my eyes were sore and all I could think about was sleep. Here's the [obviously incomplete] result:

Spoiler

NT2TfYsl.pngUQ4ltASl.pngQkGBtGel.pngNKMuoXgl.png

I expected to hate it, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the direction it's heading. Hopefully others can agree haha :)

The breastplate specifically needs some work, especially because it is the main focal point of the armor. I like the way the back looks however... More to come

Edited by GoldenxHawk
Fixed images

I like your Gears Of War marine but that's not Rhino anymore...if you get what I mean.

Lukinu was very technical, I'm very simplistic and blunt.

One thing might look awesome but not fit in the universe he's going to live in.

Unfortunately there's no rule of thumb on what is ok and what not, I think there has been tennogen stuff not deserving and some cool content rejected, but your concept sways too much away from Warframe, unfortunately, because it looks cool, much cooler than some ideas that are out there imho, but doesn't look Warframe

16 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I like your Gears Of War marine but that's not Rhino anymore...if you get what I mean.

Noted. I personally would like to see a bit more variation in the options for skins that players have, and I've heard a lot of mixed opinions from the community on skins that stray from the art that already exists, but then again, some people are asking for dikbutt skins, so maybe they aren't the most reliable source lol

What I struggle with most is at what point is something 'Rhino' or isn't it, and isn't the idea of having skins to be able to shift that idea around a little bit? I feel like the dynasty skin for Chroma would be rejected on the grounds that it isn't 'Chroma', but that was made by DE themselves if I'm not mistaken.

I'll do some more research and tweaking and see what I come up with.

-Cheers!

Edited by GoldenxHawk

6 hours ago, GoldenxHawk said:

Vo0acuCl.png

Personally the style you're going with this looks viable for both a Grineer and Corpus theme, if properly executed.
Bursa/Raptor styles would accommodate this skin, as well as a select number of Grineer units.

Image result for isolator bursa warframeRV

Edited by Koldraxon-732

2 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Personally the style you're going with this looks viable for both a Grineer and Corpus theme, if properly executed.
Bursa/Raptor styles would accommodate this skin, as well as a select number of Grineer units.

I hadn't seen the connection before. Thanks for pointing it out! I'll try and get some more reference images for inspiration.

Edited by GoldenxHawk

A bit more work. Just found out the deadline for round 12 was March 19th, and unfortunately I won't be able to make it because you'll never guess; I'm out of town until... The 19th.

Anyway, here's the tiny bit of work I was able to do on the airplane and in the terminals:

I4f3hyZl.png9HukepUl.png

The following arrows point to areas needing further attention (concept wise, the whole thing could use some polishing)

Wy1y40ll.pngN9YS8FXl.png

• 1 month later...

I've been silent on this for a little while because I've been busy with EVERY DAMN THING. But here's a teaser image of the finished skin. I'll put a link up to the steam workshop page when I put it up.

lruinZIh.png

Edited by GoldenxHawk

I posted a custom skin via the tennogen viewer, and I can find it if I go through my personal account, but it's not showing up in the official warframe workshop.

I've done it before because I have an item on the workshop, but this one won't show for me 😕

Here's my thread for the skin so you know what I'm talking about:

Edited by GoldenxHawk

On 2018-05-06 at 7:04 PM, Swaggernaut64 said:

In the upload tab, what's the visiblity set to? If its on private, then it wont show on the workshop until you change it to public

It was set to public from the moment I hit upload. It's live now, I think it just took some time to process. Like a day or so...

• 2 weeks later...