Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player question on prime weapon blueprint

(XBOX)Kbalz

Question

Hello, I only have about 10 hours of play time so pardon my basic question here! I just completed my first void fissure mission and I selected the reward everyone else did, which was Cernos Prime Upper Limb. Probably going to be a long time yet before I'll be able to do anything with it.. but I'm trying to grasp the concept of "how do I build a prime weapon" ?  I've figured out how to buy a blueprint form the market, and I searched Cernos in the market, but there is no Cernos Prime blue print that I can see in the market. 

So pretend I have the other required parts for Cernos Prime, how exactly would I build Cernos Prime with no blueprint? Thanks!

8 answers to this question

A prime item typically comprises 1 blueprint and 3 parts/blueprints.

If it is a blueprint, it means you will need to build that part before it is usable as a part. This is usually for frames.

You get parts based on relic used and each relic comes from 4 possible eras.

Only relics belonging to the right era can be opened in a fissure mission of its corresponding era. So, for eg. a Meso era relic will not be selectable on an Axi, Lith or Neo era fissure mission.

Anyway, in my opinion, you might be better off farming for Stalker's Dread by killng Stalker or even Paris Prime from void fissure missions than Cernos Prime because it is a bow trying to be a shotgun which it doesn't really excel in.

37 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Anyway, in my opinion, you might be better off farming for Stalker's Dread by killng Stalker or even Paris Prime from void fissure missions than Cernos Prime because it is a bow trying to be a shotgun which it doesn't really excel in.

Have you tried it since the weapon rework? 

It's a lot better now, ok still behind the dread because of that's slash bias, but it's no longer a trash mr fodder weapon. 

19 минут назад, EliteStrike1 сказал:

Have you tried it since the weapon rework? 

It's a lot better now, ok still behind the dread because of that's slash bias, but it's no longer a trash mr fodder weapon. 

well, hek is still versatility king and all bows except lenz are quite niche, so it's pointless argument.

vor 55 Minuten schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

A prime item typically comprises 1 blueprint and 3 parts/blueprints.

If it is a blueprint, it means you will need to build that part before it is usable as a part. This is usually for frames.

You get parts based on relic used and each relic comes from 4 possible eras.

Only relics belonging to the right era can be opened in a fissure mission of its corresponding era. So, for eg. a Meso era relic will not be selectable on an Axi, Lith or Neo era fissure mission.

Some additions:
Before hunting down a weapon, check if you got the required mastery:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

No need to focus your energy on something you might not use yet. Your Cernos Prime requires Mastery Rank 12, so it's rather high.

The wikia is great too if you want to learn the drop locations and requirements for a weapon, e.g. for Cernos Prime:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cernos_Prime

Weapons in general:
There are a lot of great alternatives to prime weapons like Syndicate weapons (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicate_Weapons) and non-prime weapons where you just have to buy the blueprint from the market or from one of the research stations of a Warframe Clan. Good example: The Guandao. It's blueprint can be bought from the market, it only requires mastery rank 3 and is one of the best melee weapons in the game.

General Tip:
Grab what you can but focus on stuff in reach of your current mastery rank. Exception: when new prime items enter the game focus on them independent of any MR requirements. For a few weeks there will be a hype for that stuff. You will easily find groups to hunt down the stuff and you will get nice prices in trade for it.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Kbalz said:

I selected the reward everyone else did, which was Cernos Prime Upper Limb.

Ah a new player in the enviable position of needing almost every thing.  Pro tip for you is the color of the text of the item is coded by rarity.  Common stuff is a brownish bronze, uncommon's are white and rares are yellow.  When you see yellow take it pretty much no matter what.

Also don't forget to grab a forma every now and again.  You'll want to be able to build one of those every day eventually when you can afford the credits and other resources they need.