Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Re-engineered

Phyrak

Vauban in his current play is a bit too far on the cc side with little else to add.
Such,  resulting in a one dimensional play style

This Tweaking will create more different play styles whilst keeping to the old vauban.

Bounce will be removed as parkour 2.0 removes such skills like how Excalibur's super jump was removed

Offence and Defense.
Each skill will now have an offense and defense to it- using the cycling system. Each skill now is under its own branch as well as under its own offensive and defensive capabilites. Cycling can be done mid mission as with other cycle frames such as ivara.

1. Mines.
Mines function as they do now but with the choice of an offensive or defensive mine.
Offense: concussion mine - kept as is now
Defense: telsa mine - now working  akin to the diriga's electro pulse and arc coil
Augment: concus - % to disarm,  tesla - as is now

2. Grenades.
Being an offensive skill,  the grenades are used to tear foes apart or make them easier to take out.
Offense: shred - increased armour removal + bleed procs: add stagger, remove rag doll
Defense: gas - blind + gas proc
Augment: -

3. Traps.
Used to  control the battlefield in a way that can reduce foes to a molecular level or give breathing room to those in the war.
Offense: vortex - increases damage per enemy sucked in
Defense: bastille - kept as is + added damage reduction whilst in the area of bastille 

4. Automata
A weapon of war made to bring destruction to any foe faced.
Offense: akin to the Zarr, this great cannon will bring an apocalypse to any who face the barrel
Defense: deploy an automatic turret mirroring that of the Grineer ramparts but without the needing of a soilder to control the weapon 

Equipment/upgrade screen.
Upon entering one will have the option to choose of 3 play styles which to enter the missions rather than spending time fiddling with the skills 
Offense: set all skills to offensive upon entering a mission
Defense: set all skills to defensive upon entering a mission
Custom: choose skills to use when entering a mission 

Skills can of course be changed mid mission, such settings are merely to allow for greater focus on choice/play style of Vauban.

This gives more choices to playing Vauban and customization of the engineer play style whilst keeping to the old vauban cc.

Thank you for reading, 

-Phyrak 

Uh, okay? I guess?

I main Vauban, and I like him a lot, but I'm not super sure about compressing Bastille and Vortex into two abilities being necessary. The gun's not really doing it for me, either. And I dunno, but I don't particularly enjoy swapping endlessly between grenades for his 2, and then having to hold the key down to throw out the trap I actually want, it's just one more action for my brain to process. Making that be the case for every single ability could be kind of frustrating.

It's not a bad start, though. If you could make a more compelling 'trap' ult that isn't a gun I'd be pretty much down with this.

23 minutes ago, S.T.M.P.D said:

Uh, okay? I guess?

I main Vauban, and I like him a lot, but I'm not super sure about compressing Bastille and Vortex into two abilities being necessary. The gun's not really doing it for me, either. And I dunno, but I don't particularly enjoy swapping endlessly between grenades for his 2, and then having to hold the key down to throw out the trap I actually want, it's just one more action for my brain to process. Making that be the case for every single ability could be kind of frustrating.

It's not a bad start, though. If you could make a more compelling 'trap' ult that isn't a gun I'd be pretty much down with this.

Hey I like Vauban as well. I think that his 3 and 4 should stay, as well as DE giving Tesla 100% status chance. I'd like to see all the grenades in mine layer be replaced with other things that are more useful. Like maybe flash bangs? 

4 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

Like maybe flash bangs? 

a flashbang would be fitting on vauban but when u think about how strong blind is im afraid we'd jsut default to always using it above others

also i think the concussion mine we currently have is meant to act as a kind of flashbang as it confuses and makes them unable to tell friend from foe

edit: also i really want vauban to get a turret, i dont care if its cliche

Edited by TKDancer

17 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Vauban in his current play is a bit too far on the cc side with little else to add.

This Tweaking will create more different play styles whilst keeping to the old vauban.

Bounce will be removed as parkour 2.0 removes such skills like how Excalibur's super jump was removed

Offence and Defense.
Each skill will now have an offense and defense to it- using the cycling system. Each skill now is under its own branch as well as under its own offensive and defensive capabilites. Cycling can be done mid mission as with other cycle frames such as ivara.

1. Mines.
Mines function as they do now but with the choice of an offensive or defensive mine.
Defense: telsa mine - now working  akin to the diriga's electro pulse and arc coil

2. Grenades.
Being an offensive skill,  the grenades are used to tear foes apart or make them easier to take out.
Offense: shred - increased armour removal + bleed procs: add stagger, remove rag doll

3. Traps.
Used to  control the battlefield in a way that can reduce foes to a molecular level or give breathing room to those in the war.
Defense: bastille - kept as is + added damage reduction whilst in the area of bastille 

4. Automata
Offense: akin to the Zarr, this great cannon will bring an apocalypse to any who face the barrel
Defense: deploy an automatic turret mirroring that of the Grineer ramparts but without the needing of a soilder to control the weapon 

Upon entering one will have the option to choose of 3 play styles which to enter the missions rather than spending time fiddling with the skills 

Skills can of course be changed mid mission, such settings are merely to allow for greater focus on choice/play style of Vauban.

This gives more choices to playing Vauban and customization of the engineer play style whilst keeping to the old vauban cc.

Thank you for reading, 

-Phyrak 

YESSS! I adore versatility. Take a Lotus symbol as a token of appreciation 😎❤

Only suggestion: Since you will really be toggling between two aspects of each skill, a tap/hold function seems more manageable. Tap for defense, hold for offense. Kinda like Gara's Shattered Lash (which has two aspects to it: a Puncture and a Slash one)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

On 3/3/2018 at 3:47 PM, Phyrak said:

Offence and Defense.

1. Mines.

2. Grenades.

3. Traps.

4. Automata

Thank you for reading, 

-Phyrak 

This should just be another frame because this isn’t what DE wanted Vauban to be. In fact, this is the complete opposite of that.

21 hours ago, TKDancer said:

a flashbang would be fitting on vauban but when u think about how strong blind is im afraid we'd jsut default to always using it above others

also i think the concussion mine we currently have is meant to act as a kind of flashbang as it confuses and makes them unable to tell friend from foe

edit: also i really want vauban to get a turret, i dont care if its cliche

He gets the turret and then some depending on mode :P

8 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

YESSS! I adore versatility. Take a Lotus symbol as a token of appreciation 😎❤

Only suggestion: Since you will really be toggling between two aspects of each skill, a tap/hold function seems more manageable. Tap for defense, hold for offense. Kinda like Gara's Shattered Lash (which has two aspects to it: a Puncture and a Slash one)

Tap and hold for management - I appreciate your thoughts on improving and streamlining the design further :)

1 hour ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

This should just be another frame because this isn’t what DE wanted Vauban to be. In fact, this is the complete opposite of that.

How so?

He has 5 useless skills that barely see any play - few ever touch his 2 and his 1 is more or less a meme.

The tweaks above allow for him to be the trapper - keeping the skills that do him well such as bastille and vortex whilst giving a reason to run high power strength for the use of turret or cannon depending on mode. In fact, the community has been asking for Vauban to have a turret for as long as I can remember

5 hours ago, Phyrak said:

He gets the turret and then some depending on mode :P

Tap and hold for management - I appreciate your thoughts on improving and streamlining the design further :)

How so?

He has 5 useless skills that barely see any play - few ever touch his 2 and his 1 is more or less a meme.

The tweaks above allow for him to be the trapper - keeping the skills that do him well such as bastille and vortex whilst giving a reason to run high power strength for the use of turret or cannon depending on mode. In fact, the community has been asking for Vauban to have a turret for as long as I can remember

Considering how Atlas’s Golem scale, I don’t think you would want a Turret. If it doesn’t have HP, it wouldn’t be a turret. Plus, Vauban is one on the best CC frames it the game even with his 2 abilities. He’s pretty powerful already and there isn’t anything really wrong with him. His Minelayer kinda sucks but it has some niche uses. Overall, Vauban can use a rework or he could just get some buffs and everyone would be fine. He doesn’t need a rework (unlike Ember now)

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

52 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Vauban is one on the best CC frames it the game even with his 2 abilities. He’s pretty powerful already and there isn’t anything really wrong with him.

he has 1 great ability, 1 good ability, 2 worthless abilities, his passive makes literally no sense

there is plenty wrong with Mr. Spam Bastille Everywhere Frame

edit: if the proposed turret was just duration based instead of having HP akin to mallet and was affected by gun mods it'd scale plenty fine

Edited by TKDancer