Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva siphon/flood is time-consuming

NovahX

Before you start reading, I am NOT a Speedrunner. I have daily life matters that needs time just like everyone does(i.e college). I only want to waste less time on grinding by any means. Even if it means I have to act like speedrunner.

Now, when you read the title, it may sound like nonsense, but, it isn't. It's time consuming to the point that I grudge to do Kuva siphon/flood missions even with Booster. Here's why:

Doing Kuva siphons/floods take a lot of time.

Let me explain:

When you look for kuva siphon/flood to farm for Kuva like usual, but, have you ever seen Kuva siphon/flood on mission and said: "I'm not doing that, it takes lot of time!" ?

If not, then, you possibly have more patience than me. Or have nothing else to do. But that's not the point here.

If you observed kuva siphons, you should be aware that when Kuva siphon activates:

• It takes 30 seconds to start sucking for kuva cloud
  • It needs to suck in total of 8 kuva clouds to escape
  • Counting that you didn't let it suck in any clouds, it takes 2 min the very least to take down siphon
  • It adds to the time needed to complete the original mission objective, which adds up from mission to mission

Now, that 2 min isn't really lot of time but, look at this way. Noone just runs 1 Kuva flood/siphon per day and calls it off as far as I know. People do multiple kuva missions/floods before calling off. And that 2 extra min needed per mission adds up from mission to mission. For example:

Captures usually take 2 min, but you want kuva, and there is the siphon. You have to stop and spend 2 min the very least to take down the siphon and move on. That makes the run take 2 extra minutes than actual time needed. And, then, theres Extermination. Would take 3 min fastest, but again, you have to stop for another 2 min to take the siphon down. Again, more time needed. So far, the runs would take 5 min total, but then it got added up to 9 min. Then there are MD, Excav, Sabotage, the list goes on. See where I'm going?

The changes that I heavily suggest are:

• Cut down the amount of time that it takes to start sucking for cloud from 30 to at least 15 seconds
  • Make it so that taking down siphon takes at least 1 min to take down

I can imagine some seeing it as being too fast, but then, you have 8 attempts total to stop the siphon. 8 attempts is plenty for me and I'm positive that it's the same for almost everyone.

Now, there are also changes that I would suggest as QoL that may be selfish, but here goes:

• Increase the amount of Kuva earned from Kuva flood/siphons
  • Increase the amount of total Kuva flood can be active at a time from 1 to 2 or 3

To summarize: It takes 2 min to take down siphon at fastest, and it adds to the time needed to complete the original objective, which adds up from mission to mission.

That is about it for my complaint about Kuva siphon/flood. I hope that, the very least, the amount of time required to take down siphon would be cut down by half.

32 minutes ago, NovahX said:
  • Cut down the amount of time that it takes to start sucking for cloud from 30 to at least 15 seconds
  • Make it so that taking down siphon takes at least 1 min to take down

Actually I'm with you there on this. I've been saying this to my friends who run with me, that it sucks too slow.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

... huh.

I can understand getting burned out after mass-farming Kuva / over-doing anything really,
but honestly, if your problem with them truly is that Kuva missions take about 5 minutes rather than 3 ... I don't know what to say.

My main point is that time needed to do kuva missions adds up from mission to mission, not about whether it takes 5 min or 3 min. That is an example, not a an actual fact.

Instead of just adding more Kuva as a reward, I feel like there are other good ways to get it done.

1. Make all Kuva Fortress enemies drop small amounts of Kuva as an uncommon resource
  2. Make the Kuva Fortress mission have actual stashes of Kuva, possibly just in special vaults
  3. Make Endless missions spawn multiple sets of Kuva Siphons over time (every 1-2 cycles, so 5-10 waves/minutes)
  4. Add random, short-lived Kuva clouds to most missions as a rare spawn. Nodes near the Kuva fortress would have a higher chance (Kuva would disappear shortly after 'spotting' a player, giving quick players enough time to seek out and grab it)

Just some ideas. I feel like those would make the farm less tedious, and allow more options for players to gain it over time, instead of having to knuckle down and farm for NOTHING but Kuva.

All of those ideas could work in conjunction, but really only one or two of them would be needed to make the grind more reasonable.

So... You're being burned out from farming a mission type that is unecessary for an useless and full RNG feature ?

How surprising.

You should know however that some changes are coming to kuva farming.

According to [DE]Taylor, a workshop thread is coming soon™

I second your suggestions, tho the time needed to finish a kuva siphon/flood really depends on your team as well.

Destroying the kuva siphon is a one-man job, the other three players can just go ahead and finish the mission. That would be the optimal thing to do. It's pretty pointless having 4 operators dashing through the kuva cloud at the same time.

Now, if you wanna play solo, then you can just ignore the kuva siphon and go complete the mission objective a few tilesets away (to stop the siphon from sucking clouds up), then move back to the kuva siphon. Depending on how long it took you to get back, the kuva siphon is gonna start sucking clouds with less than 10 seconds of delay between each cloud (as if it was catching up with the time it was not sucking). If you parkour/move fast enough, this method shouldn't add a lot of extra time to your mission.

But what really makes kuva siphons/flood a real pain is the RNG of rivens. There's nothing worse than spending days to get 70k+ kuva and see all that go to waste because you didn't get at least one DECENT (not talking about g-roll) roll.

Edited by Guest

Kuva farming almost requires a booster because you can't kuva farm non-stop as much as you want, because missions eventually become unavailable. You need a good 3-6 missions to reroll a riven, and riven stats aren't weighted equally, so you can end up with

300+% damage, 200+% crit chance, 100+ multishot

VS

90% reload speed + Status duration.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:54 AM, Trichouette said:

So... You're being burned out from farming a mission type that is unecessary for an useless and full RNG feature ?

How surprising.

You should know however that some changes are coming to kuva farming.

According to [DE]Taylor, a workshop thread is coming soon™

Yes, I've heard of that and I (im)patiently wait for the news.

Yes, it is quite a surprise to be burnt ouf of farming in Farming Simulator.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:55 AM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I second your suggestions, tho the time needed to finish a kuva siphon/flood really depends on your team as well.

Destroying the kuva siphon is a one-man job, the other three players can just go ahead and finish the mission. That would be the optimal thing to do. It's pretty pointless having 4 operators dashing through the kuva cloud at the same time.

Now, if you wanna play solo, then you can just ignore the kuva siphon and go complete the mission objective a few tilesets away (to stop the siphon from sucking clouds up), then move back to the kuva siphon. Depending on how long it took you to get back, the kuva siphon is gonna start sucking clouds with less than 10 seconds of delay between each cloud (as if it was catching up with the time it was not sucking). If you parkour/move fast enough, this method shouldn't add a lot of extra time to your mission.

But what really makes kuva siphons/flood a real pain is the RNG of rivens. There's nothing worse than spending days to get 70k+ kuva and see all that go to waste because you didn't get at least one DECENT (not talking about g-roll) roll.

I....never thought of that, tbh. That could be actually useful strategy to consider! Thanks for the tip.

Il y a 3 heures, NovahX a dit :

Yes, I've heard of that and I (im)patiently wait for the news.

Yes, it is quite a surprise to be burnt ouf of farming in Farming Simulator.

That was, obviously, sarcasm.

The fact players and devs are ok with warframe being an unrewarding farming machine is beyond me...

(just like I cannot understand why people care so much about rivens)