Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Distilling" lenses from frames/weapons should be a thing

ZiKi1705

With addition of Eidalon Lens Blueprint, having greater lens on your stuff isn't the best option any longer.

But to craft it you need a greater lens. One would think its pretty clear right? use the greater lens from the frame to make the Eidolon lense and then put it back in..

I suggest you implement the distiller back into the syndicates.. but call it Lens Distiller.. would look the same as the old arcane distiller.. just have a different purpose

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

That doesn't sound like a bad idea! After-all, the arcane enhancements aren't using the distillers anymore.

I've seen this sentiment elsewhere. Distillers aren't some physical thing that pries off computer chips from clothing. They are a function that moves an Arcane from "inserted on X" to "no longer inserted".

There's nothing except the art that could be repurposed for removing Lenses. It isn't a matter of Find and Replace "Arcane" with "Lens", as this and other people seem to think it would be.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I've seen this sentiment elsewhere. Distillers aren't some physical thing that pries off computer chips from clothing. They are a function that moves an Arcane from "inserted on X" to "no longer inserted".

There's nothing except the art that could be repurposed for removing Lenses. It isn't a matter of Find and Replace "Arcane" with "Lens", as this and other people seem to think it would be.

That is sorta misguided, they are, as you stated already something that represents removing something that is installed. You would essentially incorporate taking a current placeholder and changing what it does on the code side, since this will mean you already have a UI function, graphical representation, and roughly similar code lines that could in fact be re-purposed by taking the current Arcane removal lines and replacing them with a repeatable and player specific version of the script used to remove the lens from our warframes/weapons as already done with Focus 2.0.

I own many warframes and I'm only using the 2 with an eidolon lens, because I'm still short on lenses and eidolon BPs. All this is so time consuming to get that it's not worth slotting them at any stage but eidolon, so being able to move them around would help. I would also like being able to play more than 2 warframes. For weapons it's even worse, I have 1 of each with lenses and have only 1 melee with an eidolon lens so I'm not using anything else. It's getting a bit boring but farming focus is so tedious with normal play that there is no other option.

Edited by sixmille