Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Banshee Looking At The Floor?

Echoes83

While I appreciate the effort in trying to add more character to the Warframe (hint: making the color bright again would also accomplish this), some of the idle stances are downright bad. For example My Banshee with the chorus helmet on looks like she is staring at the floor and/ or her feet. Seriously, what was the thought process here? She almost looks like a ninja in a low stance, however such a ninja would be looking forward at their enemy NOT at the floor or her own feet.

Should be an easy fix though, just nudge her head up a bit so she's looking forward at the grineer, corpus, infestation she might be facing instead of the floor.

Thanks.

Look at the stance closely and imagine Banshee on the battlefield. She creates an air of mystery and solemn purpose, and gives the impression that she is in contemplation, gathering all her forces for any and all coming engagements.

The only thing I'd say is that she should probably look up when aiming down the sights of her gun during the "Flair" animation, but all of these idles are still work in progress.

Maybe Banshee is blind. 

Maybe she builds an interpretation of her surroundings through echolocation. 

This means she may keep the wide face of her helmet towards where she is scanning.

Just a thought though, because I quite like the pose. 

So to illustrate my point a bit, here's Banshee in her basic standing stance.

2013_08_12_00005.jpg

Here's Banshee crouching.

2013_08_12_00004.jpg

So you can see in the second image that she's still got her head low but is clearly looking forward. In my opinion making it so her head posture while standing is like it is while crouching would fix the issue with her stance. Like I said before everything else about it looks pretty good, it just really looks like she's looking at the floor.

Here's another angle.

2013_08_12_00001.jpg

Edited by Echoes83

Maybe Banshee is blind. 

Maybe she builds an interpretation of her surroundings through echolocation. 

This means she may keep the wide face of her helmet towards where she is scanning.

Just a thought though, because I quite like the pose. 

woah that's an incredibly good idea. In this case I'd like to see a little bit of text with each warframe that would describe these characteristics.