Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Eclipse Damage Multiplier Bug

DeathGold

Hey  , so i got mirage prime recently and tried to do some tests with her and i found a realy annoying bug : 
when your eclipse is in day form you get a damage bonus,

without any power strength the ability displays "200% damage bonus" yet when i test it varies between 40% damage bonus to 60% damage bonus or 80% at max so it's far far away from the 200% bonus damage , i tried it against unarmored enemies with various weapons unmoded /moded  to see if there is any difference it didn't work out
also i  tried adding a lot of powerstrength and here are my results : 
with an unmoded prisma gorgon  i do 23 damage on a level 20 ancient healer
with the ability activated and it displaying 484% damage bonus i do 54 damage on the same enemy  as you can see it just multiply my damage by 2.34x wich is incorrect
with normal powerstrength : (200% supposed damage bonus) the damage you get is 38 wich is 1.65x23 thus 65% damage bonus !
Hope it get fixed coz it will greatly help mirage be more usefull ! 

for further tests with diffrent weapons (all on level 20 ancient healer and 200% supposed bonus damage from eclipse) :
paris prime : 214 damage unmodded 338 with the bonus from eclipse which is 1.57x  aka 57% bonus damage
soma prime: 13 damage unmodded 19 with bonus from eclipse which is 1.46x aka 46% bonus damage

supra vandal: 41 damage unmodded 64 with bonus from eclipse which is 1.56x aka 56% bonus damage
ect... very varying damage results and yet always far away from the supposed bonus damage from eclipse 

1 minute ago, Baterial said:

ancient healer reduces damage done to him by flat 50%, maybe that was an issue with damage done to him?

same results on all other factions (for grineer i stripped armor) so can't be that :( for exemple supra vandal : do 39 damage with the bonus damage and 26 without on a corpus tech 

wich is 1.5x damage which is 50% bonus damage

Hmm, don't quote me on this as i'm not 100% certain, but... could it be that the way Mirage eclipse buff is applied is as with another dmg mod? By that i mean that it probably doesnt increase weapons overall damage after all already equipped mods being taken into calculation and rather acts as another Serration mod, adding to weapons damage its base damage * 200%? Therefore weapons total damage output increase would not be twice as much with the buff.

Right now to my knowledge the only skill that increases total damage output after mods taken in consideration is Rhino Roar... (Chroma vex armor worked like that before as well, but it got fixed due to Chroma being able to achieve ridiculous amounts of dmg buff)

1 hour ago, DjKaplis said:

Hmm, don't quote me on this as i'm not 100% certain, but... could it be that the way Mirage eclipse buff is applied is as with another dmg mod? By that i mean that it probably doesnt increase weapons overall damage after all already equipped mods being taken into calculation and rather acts as another Serration mod, adding to weapons damage its base damage * 200%? Therefore weapons total damage output increase would not be twice as much with the buff.

Right now to my knowledge the only skill that increases total damage output after mods taken in consideration is Rhino Roar... (Chroma vex armor worked like that before as well, but it got fixed due to Chroma being able to achieve ridiculous amounts of dmg buff)

possible but as i tested with unmoded weapons it's not that important 

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the 200% damage bonus is actually the maximum damage bonus.

the light you are standing in has to be very bright to achieve that.

if you are testing this in the simulacrum i must say that the simulacrum is technically not as bright as it seems.

you sure about this ? so you mean the ability discription is incomplete ? maybe i'll test it